• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Terrific scores. I just watched Jim Sterling's impressions and he was over the moon about it.

His only negative were the microtransactions which he said sucks on a personal level because of his policy and GOTY as it rules out the game in the running when it was a strong candidate of being just that for him.

He won't consider any games with microtransactions for Game of the Year?

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wow 13-15 hours is long for a first blind playthrough

does anyone know exactly what date & time Steam will unlock??

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What are we looking at in terms of replayability? Any horde/tower modes after the game?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
gbvaIV4.jpg

02PtZR9.jpg

G-Trev

Oct 27, 2017
London
Daily Star - 5/5

Don't let the '5' in the title intimidate you, the game is as much of a warm welcome to the world of Devil May Cry as it is a hard-earned treat for fans. Gameplay is refined and polished constituting a fluid and wonderfully satisfying action experience. Honestly, demolishing an endless stream of fugly demons with outlandish flair and snagging those 'S' ranks has never looked and felt so good.

Even post-game the slaughter continues with the return of The Bloody Palace and alternate difficulty options. Joining the ranks as a potential game of the year contender, DMC 5 has paved the way for an even brighter and action-packed future for the franchise.

https://www.***************/tech/re...-the-bar-for-2019-Game-of-the-year-contenders

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Strange to compare DMC5 as if it had the best looking characters. I mean, it looks really good but it doesn't have the most impressive character models .
I mean they sure are damn good looking and the game aims for 60fps on console. They could very well make them look even better if they aimed for that cinematic 30

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Finally, someone with some SENSE!
Um, I said the same thing ;(

Now for the ugly: microtransactions. Imagine my horror as I tried to purchase a skill and not realizing I didn't have enough red orbs at my disposable. Normally, the game would balk at you, telling you that you needed more orbs. Not anymore, as we're in the age of microtransactions, so everything can be easily acquired if you have the funds. This ugly realization made me throw up a little and while I heard the reports that Capcom was thinking about adding microtransactions to the game, I had hoped they wouldn't have. Yet here they are, and I'm not too thrilled about that. It literally serves no purpose and cheapens the experience. You want those cool upgrades, then work for them! I'm not giving Capcom a pass on this at all.

Please stop thinking that only one person has thought of this as an issue.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
MSPoweruser: 8.5/10
Devil May Cry 5 is the true successor to the series' name. It's a proper continuation in story, gameplay, and style. For those looking for a hardcore hack-and-slash with inventive new weapons, amazing bosses, and fantastic characters this is the game you need. While it's disappointing it took so long to get back here, DMC V is more than worth the wait.
https://mspoweruser.com/review-devi...ck-and-slash-that-fans-have-been-craving-for/

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but I was told that critics would be too dumb to enjoy the latest entry in this polished and accessible high-budget action game franchise

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My prediction was 88 MC.

It is currently at 87 MC it seems, so just one more point and my reputation can go on.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a gif of Nero saying "You taking notes?" from the reveal trailer? Feels like that could be Capcom's message to the industry after making back to back hits.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I don't know isn't there are any other reviewers actively lurking in here but if anyone has some Qs, I can try and answer them. I finished the game on human and did like another third of the game on the hardest difficulty which unlocks after you finish the game to get both spectrums.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kotaku:

is a wild mess of demonic magic, blood, brooding twinks, butt rock music, kung-fu homage, and joyous gameplay. By the end of it, I had killed literally thousands of demons and watched struggles of Biblical proportions. The experience itself is a blur, but I know two things for certain. The first is that while there's nary a drop of romance in the game, every one of Devil May Cry 5's sexy trash protagonists has absolutely fucked. The second is that every bone-splintering, blood-splattering moment I spent with them was a goddamn blast.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know isn't there are any other reviewers actively lurking in here but if anyone has some Qs, I can try and answer them. I finished the game on human and did like another third of the game on the hardest difficulty which unlocks after you finish the game to get both spectrums.
What were your general thoughts on the level design? I've seen some reviewers not too hot on it.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Maybe people are being reductive when the reviewer compared one action game to another and you're only talking about combat.

I don't think "action game" refers only to combat mechanics.