• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
devilmaycry5sysreqsxyj2a.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
GameGPU (Russian; review build)
TechPowerUp (English; launch build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Potentially improve GPU performance: Switch to the DX11 renderer by opening SteamApps\common\Devil May Cry 5\dmc5config.ini and changing the value of TargetPlatform to DirectX11. (Credit to Queen of Hunting.)
Note: May result in some stuttering.
Disable depth of field: Open SteamApps\common\Devil May Cry 5\dmc5config.ini and change the value of DepthOfFiledEnable to false. (Credit to Kyle Cross.)
Note: Will improve performance in cutscenes.
Enable ultra-wide support: Use this tool. (Credit to jackfuste @ WSGF.)
Enable contact shadows during gameplay: Open SteamApps\common\Devil May Cry 5\dmc5config.ini and change the value of ContactShadowSetting to on. (Credit to someone @ PCGW via Kyle Cross.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Screen resolution: Self-explanatory
Refresh rate: Self-explanatory
Display mode: Fullscreen; Window; Borderless Window
Frame rate: Variable/60fps
Vsync: Off/On
Rendering method: Normal/Interlaced
Resolution scaling: 50% -> 200% in increments of 10%
Texture quality: Minimum; Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Texture filtering quality: Minimum; Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Mesh quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Anti-aliasing: TAA/FXAA + TAA
Motion blur: Off/Variable
Effects quality: Low; Medium; High
Shadow quality: Minimum; Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Shadow cache: Off/On

Ambient occlusion type: Off; SSAO; HBAO+; HDAO
Bloom: Off/On
Lens flare: Off/On
Volumetric light quality: None; Low; High
Screen-space reflections: Off/Variable
Subsurface scattering: Off/Variable
Chromatic abberation: Off/On
Color range: sRGB/BT.709

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
VPN stuff:

The [PC version] has unlocked everywhere but the Americas. To unlock it early:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server outside America
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)
You need to change your password if you were recently logged into the mobile app or another instance of the desktop client. Those sessions linger for a while and prevent Steam from detecting the IP change; changing your password terminates them.

Edit: No longer necessary.

Last edited:

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game runs well on my pc...

Everything is preloaded and ready to go. Miiiight mess around with the vpn to unlock it early

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I usually cap the framerate using Riva for most new releases but forgot to do it before booting this up.

My new rig is absolutely slaughtering it and it runs smooth as silk. Maxed out at 1440p and it is glorious. I am so glad I chose this as my year to upgrade.

The game has a ton of options so I can imagine this running well on a vast range of setups.

Latest Nvidia drivers - 419.35
9900k @4.9
EVGA 2080ti
16gb RAM

Mar 23, 2018
I read there's no ultrawide support, which is not good. RE2 and Monster Hunter World do have it, especially RE2 being a RE Engine released a month ago.

Besides, people have been asking about this for months and not a single developer reached out to say "There's no UW support at the moment". Just silence. It pisses me off more the silence from the team around such a simple question than no UW support implemented.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/601150/discussions/0/1839063537789590760/?ctp=3

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
4690k @ 4.5, RTX 2060 with newest drivers and everything is on high @ 1080p and I'm "usually" sitting at 100+ fps. However, just like RE2 remake it STILL has the stuttering issue. The game is on an NVME drive and anytime the game has to load a new area just like RE2 remake the game chugs to 30 fps and the entire game itself slows down. My CPU usage and GPU usage drops to sub 60% until it finishes loading the area. All of my SSDs including the one its on is running perfectly fine and getting proper speeds.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I still don't have my code from AMD yet and I'm just sitting in my chair rocking back and forth which is weird because my chair isn't a rocking chair at all AMD HELP ME

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Those are a shit ton of parameters! I like it! I'm rendering in REC709 for HDR mode. sRGB clamps the output colors which is bad.

didamangi

Oct 28, 2017
Jakarta
Those are a shit ton of parameters! I like it! I'm rendering in REC709 for HDR mode. sRGB clamps the output colors which is bad.

You can't choose the color range in hdr.

4690k @ 4.5, RTX 2060 with newest drivers and everything is on high @ 1080p and I'm "usually" sitting at 100+ fps. However, just like RE2 remake it STILL has the stuttering issue. The game is on an NVME drive and anytime the game has to load a new area just like RE2 remake the game chugs to 30 fps and the entire game itself slows down. My CPU usage and GPU usage drops to sub 60% until it finishes loading the area. All of my SSDs including the one its on is running perfectly fine and getting proper speeds.

Does this happen with 4 cores/6 cores cpu or lower only or is there an i7 user that have the stuttering problems as well? I know it doesn't help but the cpu seems to be the commonality in that RE2 thread iirc.

Typhest

Oct 26, 2017
I read there's no ultrawide support, which is not good. RE2 and Monster Hunter World do have it, especially RE2 being a RE Engine released a month ago.

Besides, people have been asking about this for months and not a single developer reached out to say "There's no UW support at the moment". Just silence. It pisses me off more the silence from the team around such a simple question than no UW support implemented.

Yeah, I can verify that there is no ultra wide support. It renders with grey bars on either side.

Hopefully there will be a patch.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Unfortunately, generally speaking Japanese devs don't really have a culture of communication with their fan base.

El Sabroso

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey, MX

that's disappointing

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
You can't choose the color range in hdr.

Does this happen with 4 cores/6 cores cpu or lower only or is there an i7 user that have the stuttering problems as well? I know it doesn't help but the cpu seems to be the commonality in that RE2 thread iirc.
Can't really help you there since I only have a 4690k which only has 4 cores. This and RE2 are the only games that I have this issue with though. What's weird is in this game my CPU and GPU usage just tanks but in RE2 when I walk over a loading barrier the CPU usage jumps to 100% and stutters until it's finished.

Deleted member 28967

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Yes, this completely sux, game is excellent but those grey bars grrrr

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Grey bars on 1920x1080 and oddly enough 1400x900. Any tips would help. Oh also hair rendering is messed up not sure if my drivers but they are on the latest

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is it possible Resident Evil 2 has 21 9 and this one doesn't. Disappointing news.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I played the RE2 demo and my brightness was tied to the detail settings. Basically had to turn down the settings in order to be able to see anything in the game. Not sure if they ever fixed that. I'm just hoping there are no issues like that with this game.