• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to Dante's baseball bat swing move with Rebellion? Is it not in the game? I think it was in DMC3 and it was one of the more memorable moves for me.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the game on Devil Hunter. After I do the Secret Missions I missed, what do you guys recommend, should I try to get S ranks in missions I don't have one yet or should I play again on SoS?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just finished the game on Devil Hunter. After I do the Secret Missions I missed, what do you guys recommend, should I try to get S ranks in missions I don't have one yet or should I play again on SoS?
Play SoS. It's more fun and exhilarating than getting S ranks.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting the mission 3 boss on Dante Must Die difficulty, 2 hits from killing the boss with a SS rank when I get shot in the hip mid air by a drone, dropping to B rank while my punch line finishes her off. B rank is enough to scum me out of my S rank on the entire mission. Guess I'll just die then.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Defitely SoS to at the very least learn the enemies/bosses better and get more moves/abilities.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

I'm in the same position as you lol.

I think once you're comfortable with all the characters (I'm still having problems with V) you should do SoS first since that would train you to get good at DH which would make the S Rank run easier

Mar 5, 2019
It hasn't been said much but I find Griffon to be hilarious. My favorite moment is during the Greyjon fight where he eggs V on to make a whitty comeback, and then gets mad when he recites poetry. I also like that V interacts with him at face value, never being annoyed at him.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
The difficulty scaling is so good. I'm hitting this ultra instinct flow on DMD right now.

That mission 3 boss felt like a proper fight this time

Yeah these damage sponge bosses drag the game down. Feels balanced around that SDT thing or something. I won't feel bad when I gold orbs that dude on DMD.

The difficulty spike of SoS hit me hard. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but King Cerberus just makes mincemeat out of me, that health bar is beefy.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It hasn't been said much but I find Griffon to be hilarious. My favorite moment is during the Greyjon fight where he eggs V on to make a whitty comeback, and then gets mad when he recites poetry. I also like that V interacts with him at face value, never being annoyed at him.

I like when he steals the cane.

What a fun lil chickee

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Griffon is a brilliant character to pair with V, individually both their personalities might be overbearing but together they complement each other.

The same way Nero and Nico keeps each other in check.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Nero is a top 10 video game character

Was he like this in 4? Or was he more lame?

He was kinda like that- an arrogant punk with anger issues. People remember him being emo though because he screams about his girlfriend a lot but he really is also a fun character with a sense of humor.

Also he's a big wrestling fan.

In 5 they adjust the scale to lean less into his angry side plus they have Nico to keep him in check.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
big sis nico is a really fun character too

they just did lady dirty (Trish a bit less so but still)

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017

i love that dante and vergil are in fandom both the coolest guys to ever exist and the biggest fucking dorks in existance

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Seeing the Kamiya X Capcom video just now makes me want him to join capcom in remaking DMC1

HbrwLLP.gif

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing the Kamiya X Capcom video just now makes me want him to join capcom in remaking DMC1

HbrwLLP.gif

That would be such a colossal waste of his talent. He made stuff like Bayonetta, W101 or Okami, three of the most wildly imaginative, creative franchises of the last decades. Let him to new, wild shit you would never think of yourself. That's how you got DMC in the first place :P

If you really want a remake, Kamiya isn't needed for that. Credit him as an Advisor or something, largely rebuild the levels with new technology and put in Dante's fighting system from DMC 5 in 1:1 and there you go :P

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First of, fuck the final phase of the Mission 19 boss.

Till the last quarter or so of his life he is so fun and manageable and then he summons the you know what and things go to shit real quick.

And second, was experimenting with different stuff and found how to screw him over.

DSD's summon swords own him. It appears he can dish them out but not take them.

-They instantly destroy any summon swords around him (since if you let go of the button they home in on him)
-They instantly destroy whatever summon swords he puts on you
-They keep attacking him no matter what he's doing. So if he backs off to do a dimension slash or whatever then they will keep attacking him and interrupting him. Someitmes this gives you enough time to put a few rockets in him from across the screen.
-They keep attacking him when he is in DT so they help keep his health regen in check
-Most importantly, they screw over the doppelganger. All you have to do is jump around and evade. Your summon swords will keep homing in and attacking Vergil and the doppleganger. At one point they took out the doppleganger within seconds of him appearing.

Found this in the middle of an attempt on SOS and the final phase went silky smooth.

Is that Honeycomb Fire?

Yup, just one session takes the style meter a couple of letters up or more.

Just activate it and keep mashing.

Last edited:

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The last of the Breaker tutorials is up! I briefly go into why the Buster Breaker should still be used after endgame too!

Will move onto DMD stuff and other character tutorials soon...

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
First of, fuck the final phase of the Mission 19 boss.

Till the last quarter or so of his life he is so fun and manageable and then he summons the you know what and things go to shit real quick.

And second, was experimenting with different stuff and found how to screw him over.

DSD's summon swords own him. It appears he can dish them out but not take them.

-They instantly destroy any summon swords around him (since if you let go of the button they home in on him)
-They instantly destroy whatever summon swords he puts on you
-They keep attacking him no matter what he's doing. So if he backs of to do a dimension slash or whatever then they will keep attacking him and interrupting him. Someitmes this gives you enough time to put a few rockets in him from across the screen.
-They keep attacking him when he is in DT so they help keep his health regen in check
-Most importantly, they screw over the doppelganger. All you have to do is jump around and evade. You summon swords will keep homing in and attacking Vergil and the doppleganger. At one point they took out the doppleganger within seconds of him appearing.

Found this in the middle of an attempt on SOS and the final phase went silky smooth.

Yup, just one session takes the style meter a couple of letters up or more.

Just activate it and keep mashing.

The ones you hold triangle for? I tried using them on SoS King Cerberus when I finally bought them and it didn't go well

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I don't find the final phase 19 boss too hard but the main problem is actually fighting the god damn lock-on at that point

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
That would be such a colossal waste of his talent. He made stuff like Bayonetta, W101 or Okami, three of the most wildly imaginative, creative franchises of the last decades. Let him to new, wild shit you would never think of yourself. That's how you got DMC in the first place :P

If you really want a remake, Kamiya isn't needed for that. Credit him as an Advisor or something, largely rebuild the levels with new technology and put in Dante's fighting system from DMC 5 in 1:1 and there you go :P

I honestly think it's just my heart wanting Capcom X platinum to happen

Rasen

Jun 11, 2018
Am I the only one who loves the scene where
Nero calls Kyrie to know what he has to do ?

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that love the scene where
Nero calls Kyrie to know what he has to do ?

I liked it.

It leverages Kyrie's anime waifu bullshit for good (gentle reassurance and giving Nero determination) instead of evil (getting kidnapped and making Nero one note and whiny in 4).