• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
After replaying mission 13 I want Capcom to make a full co-op action DMC game. Throw in some sort of PvP even if it's unbalanced, don't care haha
The game must be broken for me, I've never seen anyone else on that mission with me despite playing it like 5 times with Dante and a few with Nero.

I would really love to see some other players!

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way of attacking those big lizard bois who curl up into spiky wheels? I always want to start evading once they start spinning, but it's like they just wait for me to run out of double jumps and dodges and then just smoke me the moment I land. I think I've been able to knock them out of their spin once or twice, but I don't know how I did it.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way of attacking those big lizard bois who curl up into spiky wheels? I always want to start evading once they start spinning, but it's like they just wait for me to run out of double jumps and dodges and then just smoke me the moment I land. I think I've been able to knock them out of their spin once or twice, but I don't know how I did it.

Shoot them to slow them down.

Shooting also gives you more air time to avoid them.

Oct 26, 2017
breh DMC is like one big game of chicken. You DT stinger into them!

What do you do with the weird all 4s tank guys that have a big ass arm coming out of their back and throw the little eyeball bombs? Feel like I'm missing something when I fight them. They have so much health!
Break the masks off

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I need to know more about the "parry" mechanics in this game. An in-depth look at what causes it, because some enemy attacks seem to take precedence. King Cerberus has been the weapon I'm most consistent at parrying attacks with due to its fast but decently strong base attack.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What do you do with the weird all 4s tank guys that have a big ass arm coming out of their back and throw the little eyeball bombs? Feel like I'm missing something when I fight them. They have so much health!

they're shitbags but they stunlock fairly easily surprisingly. they're only dangerous in melee with the swollen arms, don't let them jump at you.

there's some way to fuck them up relating to the masks they wear but i haven't divined that out yet. Sometimes when I fight them I see bits of torn off masks and I'll notice they've fucked off, so IDK, there's some secret to them.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Are we official past the point of not givin a shit about spoilers now, cause i got some sexy shit for yall

The legend joins the combo scene

Does anyone ever use it? its implementation is so clunky.

It's hard as hell to avoid just mechanic spoilers atleast with how much the game keeps giving you even after you beat the game. I'm still gonna avoid posting anything overt about the final bosses and stuff though.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I believe breaking the Nobodies mask is what weakens them after theyre arm swells up. Attacking their face should break the mask consistently. It was the same in DMC1, only their entire body swelled when donning the mask, not just their hand.

Oct 26, 2017
How do I do that? just attack from each side until I get a reaction?
they're shitbags but they stunlock fairly easily surprisingly. they're only dangerous in melee with the swollen arms, don't let them jump at you.

there's some way to fuck them up relating to the masks they wear but i haven't divined that out yet. Sometimes when I fight them I see bits of torn off masks and I'll notice they've fucked off, so IDK, there's some secret to them.
1 sec ill make a clip

It's hard as hell to avoid just mechanic spoilers atleast with how much the game keeps giving you even after you beat the game. I'm still gonna avoid posting anything overt about the final bosses and stuff though.
Yea totally agree I wanna show my findings and stuff, but its like erm just the hud is a spoiler xD

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i just beat the game today. but, i fucked up the post credits bonus playable scene where you are nero and fight a bunch of demons. what do you get if you succeed?

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but that was the extent of his plan, right? To get healthy and not destroy the world? He just had to cut the tree down once he did?
I would think so, yeah. The part of the story I personally had an issue with was Dante wanting to kill him outright and Vergil wanting to kill Dante. That was never their relationship, they were merely at odds with each other in regards to what was going on in DMC3.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
01swMKP.gif

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I swear every time I turn on the game or look at other people posting their stuff online... I think of the galaxy brain meme. I am constantly in a state of *Seth Killian mind blown" mode.

EoOeV.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be one of the least replay friendly games ever. If you want to repeat a mission it's basically Main menu->mission select-->loading screen-->cutscene-->loading screen-->mission menu-->loading screen-->mission start.

And if you wanna customize it's another two loading screens.

If you fuckup during a mission and want to retart it's Pause--->retry mission-->loading screen-->cutscene-->loading screen-->mission menu-->loading screen-->mission start.

Like, who the fuck at Capcom thought this was good design?

It's terrible, especially on console. They desperately need to streamline it in a patch.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Man, I need to know more about the "parry" mechanics in this game. An in-depth look at what causes it, because some enemy attacks seem to take precedence. King Cerberus has been the weapon I'm most consistent at parrying attacks with due to its fast but decently strong base attack.
Blow Mode for Balrog is also fantastic for getting accidental parries on most enemies. I really need to work out the timing because I'm relying on Royalguard way too much in circumstances where I need parries now.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
by the way going through skill menus in the void suuuucks, four button clicks to get back to the skills menu nevermind where you were last in the skills menu. despite everything the game still has some minor UX niggles all over the place.

anyway spending some time labbing with dante really helped me out, just learning all his moves in all circumstances, someone used the music metaphor before and tbh I think it really holds true, especially with positioning. If Dante had snatch he'd be so goddamn crazy OP.

the game's difficulty is so strange. I actually played something close to 35 hours before I bothered starting to lab cos I didn't really need to before then. lol.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone figure out how to do the "Let's go for a walk little chickie" animation counter during the Malphas fight with Nero? It was seen in the trailers. Is it something that is related to Rawhide? Or it's just a Wire Snatch after the parry.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone figure out how to do the "Let's go for a walk little chickie" animation counter during the Malphas fight with Nero? It was seen in the trailers. Is it something that is related to Rawhide? Or it's just a Wire Snatch after the parry.

I think it's related to Rawhide.

I did it on her twice and I had it. It seems to be during those times after she's done projecting.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to Dante. How am I suppose to use any other weapon when I have Barlog and can Shinryuu Ken ?

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dante is sublime in this game.

Literally action game genre nirvana. This is the peak. Absolute perfection.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The boss of Chapter 8 is just...so not fun. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. Replaying it on SoS and I'm just bored more than anything else.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
funny thing i accidentally skipped the garage arm rip off scene the first time through the game and only realised it by the time i was at the end of the game lol

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
You can still get double-Kalina Ann without the Mission 11 one. There's one in another mission where it's just hidden in a house room.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Oh, wait, yeah, I was getting confused. Mission 11 is the tower one, 10 is the Urizen one.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Oh weird, I got that scene my first time through and I skipped the first part of the credits (Out of habit I paused to look at the skill list, whoops)

I was thinking folks were talking about something else
funny thing i accidentally skipped the garage arm rip off scene the first time through the game and only realised it by the time i was at the end of the game lol
It's good they have a cutscene viewer in the gallery lol. I wish more games had that these days.