• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I would love a remake of 3 in this engine.

Wow, I'm kinda surprised I never even thought about that. I've been wishing they'd just release a DLC pack with DMC3's weapons, particularly Agni & Rudra, Beowulf, and Nevan. If they remade 3 with some quality of life updates, I'd easily pay full price.

Last edited:

Kuroknight27

Feb 20, 2018
Maybe I'm being blind, but where do I go to adjust hdr settings? Also can you not change brightness settings, when I go to Brightness in options it's just a dark screen.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I can only use my gaming PC during weekends.

During the week I have a nice PC but with a lousy GPU (GT 1030). I've just tried to play it and could only get 720p and everything on low lol

I'll have to get by, playing DMC4SE

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
This has to be one of the least replay friendly games ever. If you want to repeat a mission it's basically Main menu->mission select-->loading screen-->cutscene-->loading screen-->mission menu-->loading screen-->mission start.

And if you wanna customize it's another two loading screens.

If you fuckup during a mission and want to retart it's Pause--->retry mission-->loading screen-->cutscene-->loading screen-->mission menu-->loading screen-->mission start.

Like, who the fuck at Capcom thought this was good design?

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
sup Sou Da
OyvLS7X.jpg

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not too far into the game, but I'm still uncertain about why I would mix and match Nero's Devil Breaker arms going into a level. Aren't you better off sticking to just one or two types that will be most useful against the enemies in that level?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so mad right now. I'm on mission 12 I think and I can't progress. I restarted from a checkpoint and fully closed the game, and there's invisible stairs and walls preventing me from continuing. I was having a great time until this shit. I'll try a full mission restart tomorrow.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
I mean gunslinger is as essential as trickstar/swordmaster on DMD. SO if you're planning on seein this through, i'd get on that.
Ooooooooo good to know.

On mission 6 of SoS now and prolly will do a DMD playthrough. Finished one round of devil hunter and feel like I barely scratched the surface of combat, at least for Dante for sure. Never even touched the cowboy hat, barely the nunchucks and almost none of the other styles for any weapons.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on mission 19 right now and while I love this game unless there are some big revelations in the last act,
Vergil's characterization and motivations make absolutely 0 sense given that this game takes place after DMC3 and DMC1

Feels like a complete regression of his character and is probably my one main complaint about the game.

Skavi

Feb 13, 2018
This game really shines on a SoS playthrough. I'm actually enjoying my time with Nero now.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mission 19's final boss phase is insane. It's the only hardest part about it but it's damn hard.

Dec 6, 2017
US
No. Missions are fixed to each character.

I'm on my second V level and I'm baffled, seriously baffled, by this decision.

I'm actually dumbfounded by this as I went in mostly blind minus playing the demo. Why are they taking away the classic DMC gameplay in favor of this awkward ass, remote-controlled demon bullshit...

Can I just power through level 5 and be done with V and get back to actual DMC?

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I think I suck at this game, I died to the first boss. I am not good at combos with Nero and I don't understand that there isn't an air evade?

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is the devil may cry hd collection worth getting? thinking of getting into the series.

DMC 1 & 3 are still good games, but their graphics (and presentation) are very dated. The HD collection just upscales/uprezzes stuff, so everything looks really blocky and lacking in detail.

I think I suck at this game, I died to the first boss. I am not good at combos with Nero and I don't understand that there isn't an air evade?

Double jump or Gerbera (Devil Arm)'s direction + B/O.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
This has to be one of the least replay friendly games ever. If you want to repeat a mission it's basically Main menu->mission select-->loading screen-->cutscene-->loading screen-->mission menu-->loading screen-->mission start.

And if you wanna customize it's another two loading screens.

If you fuckup during a mission and want to retart it's Pause--->retry mission-->loading screen-->cutscene-->loading screen-->mission menu-->loading screen-->mission start.

Like, who the fuck at Capcom thought this was good design?

it is awful with all the load stuff, too oldschool for its own good.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I beat the game on 'human', my first DMC game. I assume what's next is to just get good at it on other difficulties. Some questions:

-Can I pick any char on any mission on the next run?
-Do I retain all of my skills and things?
-is there any way to expedite it or skip cutscenes?

Thanks

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
So I beat the game on 'human', my first DMC game. I assume what's next is to just get good at it on other difficulties. Some questions:

Thanks
- The same characters are assigned to the same missions
- Yes, abilities and weapons
- Don't think so

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018

Thanks

-No, only on missions that allow you to choose
-Yes
-Cutscenes are always skippable

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Honestly, the only tough parts in the mission 19 boss are the judgement cuts and doppleganger. The rest of his attacks are fairly easy to dodge and punish, but the problem is that he can't be interrupted out of his judgement cuts and if you get hit by them they do a ton of damage. The doppleganger phase is annoying since you have to focus on multiple things at a time and should prioritize killing the clone as quick as possible.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, which cutscenes can't you skip? I know I've pressed start on a bunch to skip them.

Edit - Disregard, they are indeed skippable.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on my second V level and I'm baffled, seriously baffled, by this decision.

I'm actually dumbfounded by this as I went in mostly blind minus playing the demo. Why are they taking away the classic DMC gameplay in favor of this awkward ass, remote-controlled demon bullshit...

Can I just power through level 5 and be done with V and get back to actual DMC?
V has by far the least amount of missions in the game. You're only required to play as him four times.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My mission 13 is glitched hard. Can't progress. Game things that the roots are still blocking my way even though I cleared them already.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Damn near broke my wrist trying to s rank mission mission 12 on SoS. Finally got it.

Fuck Dante, Nero for life.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, first playthrough complete, now I can finally get a challenge.

I do need to up my game, I am using way to many Gold orbs...