• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Oqtk6U9.gif

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
That said, i feel you on the difficulty spike in 19. Took me quite a while. Eventually just spent the entire fight sans parts where i stunned him in trickster. Make it a point to memorize his patterns, save your DT for SDT after the first nasty phase that triggers at about 75% or so and blow him up with it once that particular phase wears off.

What am I even supposed to do in the phase where
he turns into some fighter jet thing and puts that magic ring around me? Dodging it the first two times is easy, but the third time it seems to just deal like half of my healthbar in damage to me without me being able to do anything against it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
he turns into some fighter jet thing and puts that magic ring around me? Dodging it the first two times is easy, but the third time it seems to just deal like half of my healthbar in damage to me without me being able to do anything against it.

jump or royal guard. the main thing is the rings might be activating and hitting you before the boss hits you, so use the boots with the jump to take care of them or a shoot a rocket while grounded.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
NG+ Nero is literally perfection, I want to hug Itsuno.

Devil Trigger
Max Act
Devil Breakers
Wire
Buster
Good ole' broken charged Blue Rose

Nero is dropkicking Dante finally

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Taking a couple of weapons out of Dante's selection feels like it was the right choice, at least to help get my mind around the character. I'm getting S ranks and higher more consistently and I feel like the cool shit I'm doing is less down to dumb luck.

Though my hand hurts now after playing him for a few hours.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

That one jump damage ability for Balrog breaks them all around you.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How does the Multiplayer work in this? I assumed the sections where you see other characters was other players pre-recorded movements because I don't have PS+ but apparently from an article I read it's real-time? Is that true?

I got redirected to PS+ subscription on PSN when I started one mission so I guess it's realtime.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he was crazy on DMD, but he is the best boss fight outside of the final one for me.

I wish there were a boss battle mode, because I would like to practice against some of them without having to play through the whole mission first.

my number one wish is always a boss rush mode. it's also nuts that games almost always put like 45 seconds of running to reactivate the boss after you die

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
So I just beat it (on normal, so not TRULY beat it)

It's a near perfect game, with just a few minor faults. Even with the camera zoomed out to max range, it still gets a little fucky against a wall, which is annoying. No boss rush before the finale was a little disappointing, would have been nice to choose to fight the bosses with different characters (though I'm guessing bloody palace will fix that). Lady and Trish need their own spinoff game or something because they may as well not have been in this game,
they get captured, get naked and get called crazy bitches..........and that's about it.

Other than those minor gripes, Awesome all the way through. Think my choice of characters to play as goes V > Nero > Dante. Didn't think I'd enjoy V as much as I did, but he's real fucking fun, definitely my first choice when Bloody Palace drops.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
i've yet to experience it directly but i believe in missions where you can choose from multiple characters it is in fact real-time...two of my friends got matched and were taunting at each other

I see, well thats really weird considering the below:

I got redirected to PS+ subscription on PSN when I started one mission so I guess it's realtime.

Me too, I also don't have PS+ but I still see people playing, so I assumed it was pre-recorded.
Very strange.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What is an effective strategy against Fury with each of the characters?
Parry with them as he's about to attack. It's the easier with Dante since he can just put out a wall with Balrog fists. With Nero, you need to have something like Rawhide or Helter Skelter equipped so you can create a wall of attacks that is hard for him to hit through (then Snatch and Buster him).

With V is the toughest, you have to really time with his Cane attack (O). It's a slow single hitting attack so it's hard to pull off.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is an effective strategy against Fury with each of the characters?

I can't speak for Nero.
However for Dante, Trickster style worked well for me. Just use air/ground trick to stay on top of it and prevent it from doing much. Goes down very quickly.
For V I just used DT Shadow attacks to keep it under pressure and then blasted with charge shots. Again, it's about putting pressure on and never letting up.

This is Devil Hunter mode. So no idea how it goes on higher difficulties.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was an entire mission inside a library like this.
The library is really cool, not just because of the destruction but I love the lighting in the room. That is one thing that was a little disappointing, the engine/lighting is gorgeous but a lot of the game is set in more darker environments with areas covered mostly in shadow, especially with Dante, it's not that big of a deal in all honesty, just personally it's a little harder to make GIFs since lighting is one of the things I look for when capturing. XD

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Beat the game and yeah this is my favorite DMC(DmC)title, dethroning DMC3 for me. It felt like they took the best of DmC and the best of DMC3 and this ended up becoming the end product. Level design and structure is step up from the original series, easily the best from the original games and just right below DmC. Favorite weapon has to be Dante's Gauntlets I liked all three of the character's gameplay, I think V is pretty dope too and would love to see him return in the sequel.

My only issues with the game were
-Loading Screens are pretty bad on the PS4. Whenever a mission ends, entering the customization, or just starting the game it takes a while.
-Devil Bringers. I can swap Dante's styles using the dpad so why won't they let you swap Nero's devil bringers using the dpad too. Or are you able to, and I just didn't figure it out...
-Switching enemies using the lock on feels kinda rigid and stiff.
-Only song that I liked was the one that plays on the final mission.

Off to replay the game again on SoS now (why don't trophies stack tho.) It's my GOTY so far.

1. DMC 5
2. DMC 3
3. DmC
4. DMC 4
5. DMC 2
6. DMC

R3birthFl4me

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game, it's awesome, right up there with 1 and 3 for me.
I don't know if this has already been answered but what happened to the cutscene in the trailer from TGS where Lady and Trish are eating Pizza, I didn't see that in the game.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I don't know if this has already been answered but what happened to the cutscene in the trailer from TGS where Lady and Trish are eating Pizza, I didn't see that in the game.
It's a post credits scene you get if you do well during the two credits sequences.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
jump or royal guard. the main thing is the rings might be activating and hitting you before the boss hits you, so use the boots with the jump to take care of them or a shoot a rocket while grounded.
That one jump damage ability for Balrog breaks them all around you.
I didn't even realize you could attack those things, I was way too focused on dodging him.

Still didn't manage to beat him though. I can fairly consistently do his first two phases without taking any damage, but everything after his first transformation is pretty tough. It's kinda a shame the rest of the bosses are so easy and pretty meh all around.

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry if this was asked before I bought the deluxe edition and for some reason under the jukebox I can't change either battle tracks or stylish voice.

I keep getting this message (this add-on has not been purchased. Go to playstation store). When I go to the store it's written that the deluxe edition is purchased.

Anyone having the same issue?

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this was asked before I bought the deluxe edition and for some reason under the jukebox I can't change either battle tracks or stylish voice.

I keep getting this message (this add-on has not been purchased. Go to playstation store). When I go to the store it's written that the deluxe edition is purchased.

Anyone having the same issue?
You have to individually download all of the DLCs.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It's the secret ending, you need to defeat enough enemies at the end credit fights.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished

Best DMC, just before 3.
Loved it - level design in some levels were the worst part. Not awful but some boring environments present. Oh and V was not that fun either

Btw Nero finally topped Dante. Such a joy to play - amazing depth

Oct 26, 2017
Selina what the flying fuck did you do to deal with these scissor mob leaders in mission 10? My hands are killing cause its like TRICKSTAR, GUNSLINGER, TRICKSTAR GUNSLINGER just to survive the onslaught of the mob

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
going back to SOS is so relaxing after getting stuck on DMD lol.

Finally learning to royalguard... I thought it was perfect parries only lol, I didn't know there was the hold-down safety net. Being able to stand up in someone's face and just tank damage feels amazing

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Finally started the game yesterday (got to mission 11)
It's exceed my expectations after replaying DMC4 on Saturday.

You can feel the passion of the entire series shine thru in this game.
It's amazing.

It's been awhile since I've lost track of time playing a game.
What felt like an hour of play time turned out to be 3

It's good to have you back, Dante... I missed you!