• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I don't get this starring thing at all, why is asking me to rate a player I saw nothing of?

Also, was mission 3's boss poor or is it just me?

sometimes you can see (or hear) another player in the distance or left or right from you fighting. there are often 2 ways in a mission, so in one way it is you, in the other another player doing the same mission.

sometimes you have missions like the 7th which you can play as V or Nero, when you play V for example, a Nero player can randomly join your game for some co op action, i´ve had this on my second playthrough. sometimes you don´t see anyone because they are fighting somewhere in the same level but not at the place you are at the moment.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I like how it's just going from one combat section to the next. Exploration is my least favorite part of these games and running around in circles trying to find all the hidden battles in Bayonetta was not my favorite part of it.
Games like these I really just want to fight things and figure out combos. Less downtime is good.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I will try this, thanks.

What's the trick to Secret Mission 9? Do I just need Enemy Stepper and gunslinger upgrade to pull it off?
Is that the mission where you have to stay in the air for long? If so I did that without enemy step by going close to an enemy, jumping in the air, and started mashing Cavalliere Triangle air attack. The attack lingers longer if you are hitting an enemy.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Just go to Mission 11. Really wish this game just starred Dante because he's absolutely godlike and is far more fun than either Nero or V. Nero alright but I'm not a huge fan of the Devil Breaker system. V simply isn't any fun. So far this game kinda some of the same problems DMC4 had i.e. Dante being significantly more fun to play as than Nero. At least there hasn't been any backtracking though, so I'll give it that.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I love Balrog so much. It's stylish af with the capoeira and boxing styles, backs quite the punch and it's pretty much easy mode when you want to scale the style meter to at least S.
Best weapon in the game imo.

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn playing V feels so refreshing! I love how the combat works for him. Never played anything like this.

Also how fucking awesome and on point is this soundtrack?? Any way to buy it?

Some really chilling vibes while browsing the gallery.

Loving this game so far!

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I think we can say that V is the most divisive character in a game since a long time. for every "V is cool!" post there is one "V sucks" post lol
V is awesome, but his gameplay needs some time to get adjusted, missions seem to be fairly easy so far.its a cool addition to the series and an interesting way to make 'ranged' characters

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
sometimes you can see (or hear) another player in the distance or left or right from you fighting. there are often 2 ways in a mission, so in one way it is you, in the other another player doing the same mission.

sometimes you have missions like the 7th which you can play as V or Nero, when you play V for example, a Nero player can randomly join your game for some co op action, i´ve had this on my second playthrough. sometimes you don´t see anyone because they are fighting somewhere in the same level but not at the place you are at the moment.

Ah okay, thanks, I definitely heard some action going on around me and thought it was V. A bit of a weird mechanic as it didn't seem like there was many chances for me to sit and watch another player.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
V is probably my favorite new character in any character action game, and he's tied for Dante with my favorite dmc character (to play). I can't get enough of him tbh.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too sure about V myself but I've only done two missions with him so far. I think someone mentioned Folklore in here at one point and I think that's on the money. He definitely reminds me of that game (remaster when).

Games is super fun so far. Love the arm system for Nero, Gerbera and the rocket arm are my favourites so far. Nico is awesome as are the cutscenes. I'm really going to enjoy my time with this.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Max explore the options of Dante has been god damn hilarious! Highly recommend that after you beat the game you guys watch through it. Some of the reactions are amazing especially to the mechanics.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
V is awesome. I really prefer playing him and Nero to playing Dante, millions of options be damned. I just like their style of play more.

Nero with the DT and Bringer back is nuts. He's so much fun.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I've changed the dubbing to japanese and Dante shouting SWORDOMASTAH, TOORICKSTAH fills my dark soul with light.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Max explore the options of Dante has been god damn hilarious! Highly recommend that after you beat the game you guys watch through it. Some of the reactions are amazing especially to the mechanics.
I honestly wish I recorded my reactions, lol. I was sitting here howling every time I unlocked a new move for Dante. This game is insane.

Also, why were people disliking the Nidhogg fight as V? I think it's fun and teaches/reinforces the basics of V's gameplay pretty well. Just beat it on SoS and have gotten an S Rank on every mission thus far. Honestly wondering if people are playing with default controls for all characters? I can't even imagine playing V without having either Griffin or Shadow on a shoulder button in order to hold down their charge attacks. Like, how do you even play without that? I get why the default scheme is what it is for these games because it's the most "vanilla" setup compared to other games, but there are SO many things you can do at once by putting charge buttons on the shoulders that you're missing out on l ike 40% of the gameplay if you use the defaults imo.

I've changed the dubbing to japanese and Dante shouting SWORDOMASTAH, TOORICKSTAH fills my dark soul with light.

Yeah doing my second playthrough in Japanese for fun and I'm certainly looking forward to that. Also running the previs cutscenes... so dumb lmao.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Lol was just watching it, I now expect his next stream to just be 5 hours of him perfecting Dante combos XD

Oct 25, 2017

Oh my god Saur has decided to bless us with DMC5 gameplay. For those not in the know; he more or less quit video games entirely, so this comes as a pleasant surprise to me.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
D610-CCDF-2-F4-E-4-FDC-AB70-3-DC1-EB0-A0-AFF.jpg

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished and the game is everything that I'd hoped it would be, can't wait to jump into some of the later difficulties. Although first thing I'm going to do is run through Human and mop up collectibles.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm early on (V's second mission), but I can't believe how lifeless the art direction is in this game. It remind me of RE5/DMC4-era Capcom -- which is weird, because I thought they'd put that behind them. It's a stylish action game without style. Like, I watched that intro credits scene and I just felt *nothing*. I walk through the city streets and it's all wide and empty and non-descript. Where am I? Who cares. It's nowhere. Just a sewer tunnel or something. :(

Oct 25, 2017
I'm early on (V's second mission), but I can't believe how lifeless the art direction is in this game. It remind me of RE5/DMC4-era Capcom -- which is weird, because I thought they'd put that behind them. It's a stylish action game without style. Like, I watched that intro credits scene and I just felt *nothing*. I walk through the city streets and it's all wide and empty and non-descript. Where am I? Who cares. It's nowhere. Just a sewer tunnel or something. :(
I agree with you in terms of environments but the combat, characters and cutscenes are stylish AF. Maybe not up to the standards of DMC3 of course, but compared to other games coming out? Hell yes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to dantes part and I already prefer his music to Nero's. Reminds me of playing 2016 Doom lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I have finished on Devil Hunter, completing in a good 10 hour sitting from start to finish. What an incredible ride and great characters all round. V really stole the show for me and loved every part of it.

Also that fucking pure ectasy Dante Gameplay. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT WAS SO GOOD. Amazing combat from start to end. It truly is a Magnum Opus and Itsuno is an incredible director. I can't wait to see what he does for his next title.

Mission 13 is pure kino as well. Seriously was something special to me, I never expected such an elevated feeling on this genre and how they show how a certain approach can be done.

Dahbomb Son of Sparda

Really loved it. Best DMC game for me easily.

GOD THAT FUCKING RE ENGINE THO. HOLY SHIT.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say that I'm completely ok with the idea of Dynamic Music becoming DMC gimmick from now on, as long as they can keep pumping out songs like Devil Trigger.

It's probably the reason I love playing Nero so much.

TonyB

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
The online multiplayer features of this game have me pretty confused. I'll occasionally see someone else in game and be asked to pass judgment on them at the end without really having seen them or even knowing what their final score on that level is?

Also are there any leaderboards?