• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I beat the Normal difficulty in 9 hours, that's around minimum without any practicing and very few secret missions. If you like character action games, probably at least double that for additional difficulties.

Thanks! I have never really played a game like this but the good reviews and hearing that it had a catch up cinematic have me interested.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Fantastic game, reached Dante which right from the go is a big improvement over DMC4s weapons I feel. All the characters are great to play, mechanically it's the best in the series.

But man the levels are bland and the setting is all boring city. I think DMC3 is still going to be my favorite, the bosses and levels haven't matched 3.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game. It was great! Dante is still the most fun character to play, sry Nero and V.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to beat those bug queen and knight captain enemies anyway. I rarely get hit by them but they take ages to kill and they don't seem to be launchable.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed the game and had a blast. Nero and Dante are super fun, V could have been better and if they do another game they need to tweak his style a bit.

The only thing I was down on was the multiplayer, which feels kind of half-ass and forced.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I remap any of the controls? I kind of feel like maybe gun should be on r2 for Nero?

Oct 29, 2017
I feel alone in loving the environments. Only got to mission 12 but I like all of them except for some of V's stages. Blows DMC3/4 out of the water IMO

Ars Arcanum

alt account
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Beat the collection. (1-3) and started 4 but didn't finish it. How imperative is 4 to this game? Can I skip? I have this game sitting in my hard drive but I don't think I want to play it before beating 4 since I wanna be in tune with the story.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
"you cant switch breakers for balance reasons"
Meanwhile
]

Did Itsuno say that? what gives. It's not like I can't use the DB ultimate attack or get rid of one with L1 to switch. It's just that we want a convenient way to switch instead of a shitty one.

I need a patch that lets me switch between them with left and right d-pad and switch between DB sets with up and down d-pad.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I feel alone in loving the environments. Only got to mission 12 but I like all of them except for some of V's stages. Blows DMC3/4 out of the water IMO
I like how it's just going from one combat section to the next. Exploration is my least favorite part of these games and running around in circles trying to find all the hidden battles in Bayonetta was not my favorite part of it.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
This game is so fucking good. I love how weighty Nero feels. Everything he does has so much OOMPH.

I was skeptical about how V would work but holy hell is he fun to play and is his play style unique.

The only real complaint I have is the bland art direction

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
wow poor Lady and Trish
they were having fun on DMC 4 at the very least :( and now they are eye candy for nico at best, nothing wrong with one of them getting kidnapped but both? I dont like lady becoming trish #2
Nightmare is cute though, im trying to figure how V gets on its back

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How to unlock a certain costume.

So there is an EX costume for V. Apparently you need to beat Devil Hunter mission 19 and 20 without dying then perform well on both of the end credits (Nico compliments you and Dante says he won over Vergil).

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
RIP lost my saves. Been having issues with Steam. There's no way to share saves in this game right? I was getting to the good part too. :(

Don't thing I wanna replay that tree reclimb again..

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
For Xbox One Controller users: I found setting Lock on from RB (Default) to RT much more comfy. Anyone felt the same?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
wow poor Lady and Trish
they were having fun on DMC 4 at the very least :( and now they are eye candy for nico at best, nothing wrong with one of them getting kidnapped but both? I dont like lady becoming trish #2
Nightmare is cute though, im trying to figure how V gets on its back
One of the worst things about the game, they really treated the women like trash in this game.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Who are those annoying people that are starring for the whole mission on the left of my screen? GO AWAY!

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Who are those annoying people that are starring for the whole mission on the left of my screen? GO AWAY!

With the exception of one fight I almost never saw them actually in-game. Maybe I'd get small glimpses here and there like in the prologue sometimes. But it's almost not noticeable. Weird feature.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I love the tracks that play while you're chilling in the gallery menus. Some real fucking good shit on this soundtrack.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Son of Sparda Found an unlockable taunt for Nero (using same method as described before, need to beat both credit scenes):

Devil_May_Cry_5_20190309224535.png

Beaten! DMC Discord delivering the goods!

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
With the exception of one fight I almost never saw them actually in-game. Maybe I'd get small glimpses here and there like in the prologue sometimes. But it's almost not noticeable. Weird feature.
I just saw them in a couple of segments and that's it. It is a weird feature and should've been explained better

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What kind of black magic did Capcom use to make the PC version this good? It's running so perfect and smooth at max details @1440p and variable framerate (144Hz) with my 1070! Never expected this.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
is it like impossible to get an S rank on the first area in mission 1? I can S rank the mission but I can't break 5k style points on that first area.
Still stuck on A rank for this mission. Any tips for V?

edit: nvm finally got it.

Last edited:

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017
First impressions were nice, felt comfortable with Nero, there was some observation work to find secret.
Then one day later, second boot of the game and it as been tedious as hell.
Somewhat haven't been following closely the game, I didn't thought about V being one more obstacle to Dante.
And now reality kicks in, I'm already fed up with that tradition of buying thousand moves that don't want to go away.
But now another character to buy moves for, which is not even fun, the goddamn retry system pushing you to use red orbs to avoid walking to the boss again and levels have been more and more straight corridors.
Glad the knights and lizards came for fun fights thought.
What a chore to get to Dante...but I think I'm close now.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Does anyone know what you have to do to get the trophy Obedience Training? I just randomly got it just now, but I have no idea what I did to get it.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't get this starring thing at all, why is asking me to rate a player I saw nothing of?

Also, was mission 3's boss poor or is it just me?

Oct 27, 2017
Yo so I still am not getting Devil Trigger as my Nero combat music as of mission 13 or so. It's like it only uses it for his first batch of missions. I know people were saying it's maybe a bug (I'm playing on a Pro)? If so has anyone gotten it back? I need the hyyyyyyype back!

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know what you have to do to get the trophy Obedience Training? I just randomly got it just now, but I have no idea what I did to get it.
Judging by my picture which is me KOing the boss. And the flavor text "without using brute force". I would say its for managing to KO the boss without using SDT.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yo so I still am not getting Devil Trigger as my Nero combat music as of mission 13 or so. It's like it only uses it for his first batch of missions. I know people were saying it's maybe a bug (I'm playing on a Pro)? If so has anyone gotten it back? I need the hyyyyyyype back!
People say that manually resetting the soundtrack in the Gallery -> Jukebox to have it play Nero's theme for Nero seems to work for them.