• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
I'm well aware nobody needs to purchase these. I just can't stand that it exists in the first place.

Further more, I wonder if the store prevents you from buying more blue orbs if you've already maxed out your bar. And since they aren't mandatory to buy with real money, are these the blue orbs that are purchaseable from Nico for red orbs? So many questions about this garbage but I'm not going to spend a cent to test it myself. I just want to know for the sake of knowledge.

I think you're just trying to find things to worry about at this point. I honestly have no idea what else to tell you.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
gotta say, for me mission 12 was the turnover point, before i was really lukewarm on the game but mission 12 and beyond? hell yeah, that shit rocks

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Really on the fence about getting this, I enjoyed DMC4 but after playing Bayonetta when that came out, DMC just feels really stiff. It doesn't help I'm not really a character action game fan! The only games similar to this I've completed at the ones mentioned above. The lack of dedicated dodge button in these kind of games always weirds me out.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Devil May Cry 5 final boss thumbnail posted right on the activity feed soon as I open YouTube. I keep forgetting to sign out during new game releases.

Good thing I barely got a look at the pic.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
thank you for the info sir, would you recommend that with PS4/Pro?

No. If you'd said XB1X then that'd be a different story. PS4 Pro doesn't support 1440p output, so it's going to look off when connected to one.

MS properly supports 1440p output, and FreeSync, so if you were gonna use it for an Xbox then it makes more sense.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Really on the fence about getting this, I enjoyed DMC4 but after playing Bayonetta when that came out, DMC just feels really stiff. It doesn't help I'm not really a character action game fan! The only games similar to this I've completed at the ones mentioned above. The lack of dedicated dodge button in these kind of games always weirds me out.
If you didn't know jumping has iframes on the upward part of it. That's one of those things I don't believe gets explained but is useful to know.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Done the first 7 missions.

As much as I adore other character action games, none feel the same way as DMC. Good god it's absolutely fucking great. Nero's devil breakers are an absolutely fantastic of expanding his Depth. There's a lot of variety and all of them are a blast to use.

V is also a lot of fun, but I haven't him pinned down yet. When things get hectic, I tend to rely on mashing buttons without much regard for what moves should I be doing. Not always super effective in terms of damage output, but the style meter doesn't take as much of a hit by doing things without thought like with Nero and, I presume, Dante. And his taunts, my god I can't stop taunting with him, it's amazing.

The story so far seems pretty damn solid. It's up in the air if it can be of similar quality as DMC 3, but it definetly has a shot. The dialogue and banter is on point, Nico is stealing the show at every oportunity that arises, and the flow of the narrative is coherent and satisfying, utilizing it's schlocky nature effectively. Plus, the cutscenes are some of the best I've seen, so that's a major plus.

I'm loving every single second I'm playing. It's everything I wanted, and I haven't gotten to the star of the show yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Bahahaha this game.

The game retroactively teaches you how to best defeat Shadows in DMC1, hahaha! "V can stand on the Skewer" indeed.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I HAVE IT FINALLY

Let's see if this trumps DMC2

11274146.jpg

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Really loved the last few missions, big fan of DMC3 so it made me smile. Just wish the rest of the game was of the same quality.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The PC version is at 70.3k concurrent players right now. Resident Evil 2 peaked at 74k, and it took 2 days of steady growth to reach that number.

Considering how big of a seller Resident Evil is compared to DMC, I'm really interested to see how it performs commercially. Seems like a shoe in for best selling entry by a long shot.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
The PC version is at 70.3k concurrent players right now. Resident Evil 2 peaked at 74k, and it took 2 days of steady growth to reach that number.

Considering how big of a seller Resident Evil is compared to DMC, I'm really interested to see how it performs commercially. Seems like a shoe in for best selling entry by a long shot.

MHW absolutely blew up on Steam, and how great RE2Remake is still very, very fresh in everyone's mind. I'm not shocked that translated to DMCV exploding on Steam.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
MHW absolutely blew up on Steam, and how great RE2Remake is still very, very fresh in everyone's mind. I'm not shocked that translated to DMCV exploding on Steam.

MHW had one of the biggest launches ever on Steam. So it really does seem like it exploded Capcom's overall popularity.

Not that I'm complaining. Gimme more good PC ports Capcom.

Also DMCV is at 71.6k now, Interested in seeing how far itll go.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Royal Mail can fuck off a cliff. They do this now, today, with this game!?

"Attempted delivery" my ass. They didn't even leave a card.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
MHW had one of the biggest launches ever on Steam. So it really does seem like it exploded Capcom's overall popularity.

Not that I'm complaining. Gimme more good PC ports Capcom.

Also DMCV is at 71.6k now, Interested in seeing how far itll go.

I'm gonna be bold and say it hits 100k this weekend, or if not it'll be within striking distance.

Can someone explain me how the multiplayer/online works exactly?

In some missions, they happen concurrently to other missions where you might see a different character in the background. In those cases the game will sync you up with someone either playing the mission at the same time or show you ghost data of a player during that section. There are also some missions where you can choose which character to play through it as, and there will be moments where both characters will actively fight with each other.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I expected a honeymoon period tbh. A period where I am raving about the game, until later my opinion tempres with time and reflection... But I feel like there ain't one. This isn't the same as not enjoying the game, mind you. I just hoped I'd get that giddy childish feeling of "OMG hype, best game evah" would resurface... I guess I got too old for that kinda reaction.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Deciding whether to buy the standard or deluxe edition. Tempted to buy the latter for playing with the live action cutscenes on a second run.

I was just wondering though, what are the below items? Are they skins that are only acquired through buying the deluxe edition, or are they early unlocks for items that are already in the standard?

- Devil Breaker weapons: Gerbera GP01, Pasta Breaker, Sweet Surrender, Mega Buster
- Dante weapon: Cavaliere R

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
I wonder if JIM and the rest of the press will pick up on the loading screens need for the shop, or how one can buy Orbs on the Store/marketplace.
Bad practice if you're EA, but I'm willing to bet Jim not have any issues here :p

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Played it for 5 hours straight tonight, still have no idea what im rating someone for when that comes up randomly. What am i missing?
Really love the game cant wait to play again on harder modes.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Deciding whether to buy the standard or deluxe edition. Tempted to buy the latter for playing with the live action cutscenes on a second run.

I was just wondering though, what are the below items? Are they skins that are only acquired through buying the deluxe edition, or are they early unlocks for items that are already in the standard?

- Devil Breaker weapons: Gerbera GP01, Pasta Breaker, Sweet Surrender, Mega Buster
- Dante weapon: Cavaliere R

Pasta Breaker, Sweet Surrender and Mega Buster have no in-game equivalent. They are unique.
Gerbera GP01 and Cavaliere R do have in-game equivalent but difference isn't just cosmetic. They have slightly different moves.

You can't unlock them in game

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
Played it for 5 hours straight tonight, still have no idea what im rating someone for when that comes up randomly. What am i missing?
Really love the game cant wait to play again on harder modes.
The cameo system is all about seeing other people, actual players or AI, playing across from you in the game. Usually in another mission ahead or behind you. So if you see them fight, after the mission you can rate them if they were stylish or not. In one mission I saw someone destroy the enemies and another mission I didn't see that person at all. All depends how you feel about it. I think it gives you a free gold orb if you were rated Stylish.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
The cameo system is all about seeing other people, actual players or AI, playing across from you in the game. Usually in another mission ahead or behind you. So if you see them fight, after the mission you can rate them if they were stylish or not. In one mission I saw someone destroy the enemies and another mission I didn't see that person at all. All depends how you feel about it. I think it gives you a free gold orb if you were rated Stylish.

Sounds neat, i just havent seen anyone! (Mission 14 now) i give them a thumbsup anyway haha.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Woa, I was thinking it was scripted. Had no idea I was actually watching another player. That's cool. It gives so much life to the game, like V is fighting other there while I'm doing my things here.

Violet1370

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just finished the game, although i found the game to be somewhat easy the final boss is the most i have struggled in the entire series.

While 3 is still my favourite in the series 5 got close, Fantastic game!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The pc version is now at 75.2k concurrent players. Surpassing Resident Evil 2's 74.0k.

Congrats to Capcom on the success! Now to see how far it'll climb

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mission 12 spoilers

Jesus christ at Sin Devil Trigger. I fucking destroyed Urizen like it was nothing lmao.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
So I have a few questions about the game because I haven't followed any news about it.
First of all I know there are 3 playable characters but how does this work exactly?Do you choose a character at the start of the game?In each mission?
Or is it fixed in the campaign ?If it's not fixed which one do you recommend to start with?
Second, which difficulty do you recommend for the first playthrough?
I consider myself good at action games but it's been some time since I played a DMC game, soo I don't know....
Thanks in advance!

Nov 8, 2017
I impusively bought this. No regrets. So much fun. V has been great to play.

I saw in a loading tip you can switch auto mode on on the fly. I did it for one of the boss fights. It was fun to see what good players could actually do.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
So I have a few questions about the game because I haven't followed any news about it.
First of all I know there are 3 playable characters but how does this work exactly?Do you choose a character at the start of the game?In each mission?
Or is it fixed in the campaign ?If it's not fixed which one do you recommend to start with?
Second, which difficulty do you recommend for the first playthrough?
I consider myself good at action games but it's been some time since I played a DMC game, soo I don't know....
Thanks in advance!

It depends on the mission. Some only allow one, some let you pick from 2-3.

Dante > Nero > V in terms of difficult.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For the most part the character you play as in each mission is fixed but there are a few certain missions where you can pick between two characters or all three. It's up to you who you want to play as in those missions, because you'll have already played as each character a few times by then.

Second, which difficulty do you recommend for the first playthrough? I consider myself good at action games but it's been some time since I played a DMC game, soo I don't know....!

It's entirely up to you really. If you'd rather be cautious just play the first few missions on Human and go up if it's too easy or vice versa if you want to start on Devil Hunter and go down if it's too much.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm so happy with the additions to Nero's' abilities now that I've finished the game. I really need Bloody Palace already.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
My first real DMC game! I had to switch the melee and GUN buttons, and change lock-on to RT to make it playable, though. Weird default scheme.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Played up to Chapter 9 and I'm done for the night. I'm SOAKED with sweat; this game is intense and I absolutely love it.

I'm really warming up to V, too. I still don't quite have a handle on how best to send out Shadow and Griffon and how to call them back, though. I know you can call Griffon back with a lock-on backwards jump and Shadow with a sideways dodge, but is there a way to call them both back at once? I know I've seen V whistle and call them back, but I can't remember how I did it :P

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
reached the second boss..i didn't like the first one that much..the collision detection was a big iffy and the boss was all full swings that covered a shitton of space.

game hasn't "clicked" for me yet..can't seem to get a stylish score, sometimes becaue i'm bad, sometimes becaue i lose combo score trying to see where the hell the enemies are since the camera isn't much of a teamate in this game.

you don't have any way to switch between devil breakers right? seems like a pretty annoying limitation

also..how do i use the rocket punch effectively? I jump on it but most of the time i just lose combo score trying to actually manouvre th damn thing and i seem to be way less effective in general when i'm on that thing..doesn't help that the game doesn't seem to explain the moveset.

let's see if the game gets better