• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
The level design isn't nothing though, its straight up become annoying by mid game. Everything looks the exact same now and feels like pure filler. Like you have to ask yourself "which way did i come into this room, was it from this corridor or that one" too often.

Like in dmc4 you start in the city, go to the snow castle, go to the underground labs, go to the forest etc. Here theres two options for 90% of the game explore ruined city, explore tree. Theres abit of varation to parts of the city atleast, but my god the tree. Imagine if half the game was Bayonettas 2 hell stage, cause thats whats it is.

This is just what the game looks like now

At least Bayo 2 Hell was really nice looking. This tree is just mangled garbage.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
This feels so good. On mission 3 and I can feel it ramping up. Already have almost all the Red Queen combos, and the devil breakers feel really good to throw into combos.

Oct 25, 2017
not related but quick question:

I bought it on the PSN store, but, will the PC version have dualshock prompts? I was sad when RE2 didn't.
And if you guys add it through a patch, please make it a choice in the options menu. I use a dual shock but emulating a 360 controller, would still prefer dual shock prompts.

FFXIV did it right.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
The level design isn't nothing though, its straight up become annoying by mid game. Everything looks the exact same now and feels like pure filler. Like you have to ask yourself "which way did i come into this room, was it from this corridor or that one" too often.

Like in dmc4 you start in the city, go to the snow castle, go to the underground labs, go to the forest etc. Here theres two options for 90% of the game explore ruined city, explore tree. Theres abit of varation to parts of the city atleast, but my god the tree. Imagine if half the game was Bayonettas 2 hell stage, cause thats whats it is.

This is just what the game looks like now

You can hold down L3 to see the critical path at any time.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I got caught up in the hype.

Decided to not buy Sekiro this month at launch and wait for it. Decided instead to spend the money on the Deluxe edition of DMC5 and the Apex Legends battlepass when it drops.

I really hope I end up putting some major hours into this game gittin gud.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
tbh bloody palace is my idea of ideal character action level design which probably gives you some indication of what i'm really looking for in these games, lol

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
M6 done, game is good. Love the lore especially if you're into the series from the beginning.

V playstyle is like a ventriloquist it's the best way I can describe it.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
not related but quick question:

I bought it on the PSN store, but, will the PC version have dualshock prompts? I was sad when RE2 didn't.

Not to my knowledge. I believe Playstation button fonts are Sony's mark, so I would have to assume they'd have to give their blessing for it to be used on PCs.

Edit: fixed fat finger mobile typo

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Not to my knowledge. I believe Playstation button fonts are Sony's mark, so I would have to assume they'd have to give their blessing for it to be used on PCs.

Edit: fixed fat finger mobile typo

Ah, I see. I'm sure someone will eventually release a mod; thank you for letting me know, though!

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
This. I just complained about it to a friend yesterday. It feels very good to essentially play locked on most of the time, but then unlock for one or two specific moves.

I'm fine if I have to unlock to use the breaker but man it'd be nice if I could make it... its own button?

Love how it feels like I have so much to learn about the combat, but it's also just familiar enough to be almost second nature.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Anyone else kind of underwhelmed? I love 3 and 4 but this isn't wowing me the same way. Just beat the first V level. I think bayonetta (particularly the first one) has spoiled me. The level design is straight up boring in this.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I mean I havent played it but I always expected it to be hyper linear due to the nature of character actions games. I dont know why people expected some souls-esque level design since it would become annoying on later playthroughs.

The linearity isn't my issue with them and there are a few aspects to the levels that cause me to be disappointed by their design as a whole. Keep in mind I've only played through mission 8, so I still have a long way to go. The biggest grief I have with them so far is the abundance of invisible walls. The levels feature little thought into crafting a stage where its traversal makes sense and are designed around preventing a player to go where they want. They just threw up invisible barriers practically everywhere which is always lazy imo. However in this particular case it also makes me disappointed that there wasn't more thought put into exploring the environments due to these barriers. There are nooks and crannies to wander into, but they're not different from the other nooks and crannies that you can visibly see yet can't pass through. There are other things about the levels that are incredibly lack luster to me, including the unimaginative environments themselves , the serviceable enough platforming sections, the cramped corridors and even the longer than need be zones without anything interesting to see or fight. I do enjoy finding the secret missions in this one moreso than the other dmcs at least. Even if they're a means to an end (to get to the fights), they're still a large enough part of the experience that they're a detriment to my overall enjoyment of the game so far. I think I was expecting to be blown away by every facet of this game though lol !!! I was insanely hyped even from day 1 of the reveal.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like Greenmangaming and Fanatical removed the pre-order bonus from the description. Do you think it's too late to get the pre-order bonus?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Apperently Capcom screwd up and somehow released a Denuvo free exe of DMC5 in all that confusion.

Now the game is cracked because of this. Good job, way to waste money on that DRM that will still stay for us customers.

Oct 25, 2017
Apperently Capcom screwd up and somehow released a Denuvo free exe of DMC5 in all that confusion.

Now the game is cracked because of this. Good job, way to waste money on that DRM that will still stay for us customers.
Can I get banned from Steam using that exe? People say one of the biggest differences of not using Denuvo is loading times, and DMC5 has plenty of them.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get banned from Steam using that exe? People say one of the biggest differences of not using Denuvo is loading times, and DMC5 has plenty of them.

That's what I'm asking too since I wanna switch aswell.

I think prolly not, but as soon as Capcom will release a patch for the game that exe will be gone.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

u1ziupR.gif

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Let's fucking gooooooooo

IJPEzJj.jpg

i5-4690k and GTX1070 and it's running like a dream at 1440p with max settings. Easily breaking 80+ FPS.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Anyone else kind of underwhelmed? I love 3 and 4 but this isn't wowing me the same way. Just beat the first V level. I think bayonetta (particularly the first one) has spoiled me. The level design is straight up boring in this.

Yup. Love everything else. But I'm with you

AmuroRX

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on that GMG key for ps4. Ugh I should have gotten it for pc.

Anyway I don't think enough people have posted this:

Does anyone know if this song is US version of the game?

Where's my Hyde fans?!

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
To anyone already playing it, are there difficulty options from second one? If the demo was like first grade recess to me and assuming I don't want to be stomped into paste by the hardest mode(s) (like in previous DMC games) what would be a good difficulty to start on?