• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Installing remotely from work, ready to get into it when I get home! Hurry up afternoon...

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
SPOILERS!

I hate to be this guy, but am I the only one who got the impression that Vergil looks plain ugly in this game?

Eventually, Nero, I guess, grows on you, but Vergil sounds like a hard pass.

He actually makes me miss Fedora Vergil.

Last edited:

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible to gift the PC version you get from AMD promotion yeah? Like, it isn't tied to that persons hardware or wtf ever.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
1,99€ for 100.000 red Orbs seems...very cheap/reasonable actually? I don't know, this MTX implementation is so weird all around.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck this game performs so well. Maxed settings at 1440p and dont think i've dipped in fps once. On a 1070.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
it is really scaring me that all the people with the deluxe version from GMG are claiming to have problems...

This better be resolved by midnight...

Oct 26, 2017
On mission 17, going to stop there and finish it in the morning. Quite like the stuff Dante gets, some really fun weapons and abilities to use with him.
Does the level design just get worse past that "mid game" climax fight as dante. Cause i just did 13 and it was literally just a few floors of bloody palace,and i'm ready to be dmc4d

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Capcom sent me a PC code today so I made a PC Port Impressions video (and a written piece for those who hate videos).

https://erasedcitizens.com/devil-may-cry-5-pc-the-best-version-by-far-pc-port-impressions/

TL;DR: runs at 4K and high refresh rates, IMO the best version of the game. Lacks HDR compared to the console versions but I believe the other positives make up for this.

Edit: Reuploading the video because Premiere Pro decided to miss out large chunks of gameplay near the end :(

Yo you might want to update yr video. People saying there is indeed HDR, just no menu toggle.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I think I left steam signed in somewhere as my VPN isnt letting me unlock. Guess its PS4 version for me until then.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. What CPU do you have?
i7 6700k. 16gb of ram too. I've noticed a tad of the stuttering people are talking about, but nothing major yet.

Also: ALL PC PLAYERS, UP YOUR CAMERA DISTANCE TO MAX, the default camera/fov is nauseatingly low and makes it hard to focus on whats going on during combat.

figured since im assuming most of you are playing close to a monitor like me.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
i7 6700k. 16gb of ram too. I've noticed a tad of the stuttering people are talking about, but nothing major yet.

Also: ALL PC PLAYERS, UP YOUR CAMERA DISTANCE TO MAX, the default camera/fov is nauseatingly low and makes it hard to focus on whats going on during combat.

figured since im assuming most of you are playing close to a monitor like me.

My CPU is much older. Fingers crossed I can do 1440p. I'll be playing in a living room 4k TV, so the extra res would be huge.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have an achievement pop up that isn't going away, anyone know how to deal with that?

Also, I've only been able to change Nero's preorder outfit, not any of the 4 others?

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally could only play for like 15min, because Steam fucked up my preload and I had to reinstall and it's late af over here, but the first impression is great. Game looks great, menus are slick and combat is fun too at the very, very beginning. Now to sleep and restart tomorrow morning

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the difference between the Cavalieres? The steam description is vague

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Very late here gotta continue tomorrow, currently at mission 4. So far I like it, I'm not a very solid DMC player but when I do manage to get into that S and dynamic music goes into full gear, ooouuff it feels good.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Just pre-loaded the digital deluxe edition on One X, can't play it tonight..gonna be a looong day at work tomorrow.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Audio mixing completely busted or something? Dialogue and music and a lot of other things are really quiet.

Also, why can we skip cutscenes by pressing any button unprompted? I've missed 3 cutscenes now.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ok having played about 5 hours today, is it just me or is the level design really lack luster and at times straight up poor? Maybe my expectations were through the roof but this is a really disappointing aspect of the game to me :/

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Game is downloaded and ready to go. I'm sick right now so I won't be playing just yet, I don't want anything hindering my experience, lol. Hopefully I'm 100% by Saturday morning.

Waikipedia

Oct 26, 2017
How to disable hdr on pc? Cant find the option for it. Game automatically turns it on the first time i run. No mention of hdr in the config either.​

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Mission 2 I didn't feel like I got a lot of red orbs, but in Mission 3 I'm getting tons of red orbs, then again it's also because I did the secret mission of the area.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So what exactly are the alternate announcer voices? How many are there and are they a lot different?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been donning the DMC Avi edit for awhile now, hopefully my copy arrives tomorrow, never touched a DMC before, but caught onto the demo fairly quickly (Picked up on Ex-Act on the second runthrough.) Now to wait for the game to arrive.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Audio mixing completely busted or something? Dialogue and music and a lot of other things are really quiet.

Also, why can we skip cutscenes by pressing any button unprompted? I've missed 3 cutscenes now.
I've noticed this too and I've seen some others mention it. I haven't played around with my audio settings yet though, but yeah I noticed some parts are much quieter than others.
Ok having played about 5 hours today, is it just me or is the level design really lack luster and at times straight up poor? Maybe my expectations were through the roof but this is a really disappointing aspect of the game to me :/
I think the level design (along with the story) feel kinda rushed, it's a real bummer.