• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Some people tried redownloading the game, they're still missing the .exe so I don't know..

:(
Exactly what happened to me. Going for a redownlod and hoping it resolves. Fingers crossed. :/
It might be your anti-virus removing it I'm not sure, only reason I say this is that I've installed plenty of games on my current system and through Steam but with DMC5 when I first launched the game my antivirus stopped it and did a 15 second scan on the exe to make sure the file was not malicious, did it after I updated as well, stopped the load and scanned the exe automatically to make sure it's fine. My antivirus (avast) has never done that with any other game I've installed.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think they forgot to include the goddamned executable for the deluxe version.
It might be your anti-virus removing it I'm not sure, only reason I say this is that I've installed plenty of games on my current system and through Steam but with DMC5 when I first launched the game my antivirus stopped it and did a 15 second scan on the exe to make sure the file was not malicious, did it after I updated as well, stopped the load and scanned the exe automatically to make sure it's fine. My antivirus (avast) has never done that with any other game I've installed.

That's definitely not it in my case. I think someone screwed up the release. That's why reinstalling or validating the install doesn't replace the file.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Welp I tried
wqhRDdX.png

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
dang, they fucked up the steam launch. suckzzz big time as i wanted to get an hour in before going to bed for work tomorrow

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also missing the game's .exe here, validating the files resulted in nothing.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hope the executableerror is not gonna happen to me too after it ends the download

ohwho am i kidding, of course it will

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yup, gmg deluxe. Sounds like JaseC is right. They just forgot to include the executable for a buncha depots. Just gotta wait it out and hope they're in the office, lol.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
That was the best intro/credits sequence I have ever seen in my life.

Also on the PC this is a stunning looking video game.

I am 1000% motivated but I have to work tomorrow so I must sleep. Hell of a first impression though.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, it sounds like people understand what went wrong. How difficult should it be for capcom to rectify the issue you think? Like, is it a simple fix if they have someone in the office, or is this a longer process to get it working?

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good Lord, this game looks incredible. The characters have the most convincing facial animation I've seen in a game yet. Nero out here looking like a SNACK.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So, it sounds like people understand what went wrong. How difficult should it be for capcom to rectify the issue you think? Like, is it a simple fix if they have someone in the office, or is this a longer process to get it working?

It's just a matter of logging into the Steamworks site and clicking some buttons. Literally no more than a few minutes.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez. I might just go play the ps4 version right now and wait for all this stuff to be figured out on steam.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else's game stuttering? Man, fuck it I'm playing this shit tomorrow.

Smooth here for me.

If you are on Nvidia there are game ready drivers for DMC5 - you could also try capping the framerate with Rivatuner. I neglected to do so before booting up and it was still smooth. Sucks to hear you are having issues :(

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ya, the game does look fucking insane on pc at max settings 4k. there is stuttering but whatever, my biggest complain is no fucking ultrawide support.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
Standard version, bought on CDkeys had the exe.
Capcom fucked up for some people.

2700x
1070ti.

1440p. Max settings. Buttery smooth 60 fps (i don´t have a high refresh monitor).
And the game just looks soooo good. RE Enginge best Engine.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
On mission 17, going to stop there and finish it in the morning. Quite like the stuff Dante gets, some really fun weapons and abilities to use with him.