• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Ok, I need to decide.. PS4 Pro or XBX? What is the analysis?

Both versions are great. XBX looks better, but PS4 Pro has slightly better framerate on average. I didn't see any drops on XBX on my playthrough except in few cutscenes.
But if you want to get deeper into the combat system, especially Dante, I would recommed PS4 version just because of the gamepad. Quick style switching with Dante is much easier with DS4 d-pad/left stick layout.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even get the game to start unlocking, I used two different VPNs and multiple different regions. No idea what is going on.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
finally the bar is starting progressing on thatpreparation

but at this point i'll just unpack today and go to sleep and play tomorrow

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So it's recommended to play these game with a pad on PC, right? I'm picking up a pad tomorrow, so I'll probably just wait until I do if this is the case.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Both versions are great. XBX looks better, but PS4 Pro has slightly better framerate on average. I didn't see any drops on XBX on my playthrough except in few cutscenes.
But if you want to get deeper into the combat system, especially Dante, I would recommed PS4 version just because of the gamepad. Quick style switching with Dante is much easier with DS4 d-pad/left stick layout.

Thank you, just bought on PS4!

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
You can totally turn off your VPN for better speeds when downloading the 6.2 GB day one patch. Just make sure you turn it back on before launching the game for the first time.

I'm using my own AWS hosted Korean VPN for reference.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Can't launch the game on steam, i'm missing the .exe file.

A huge amount of people seem to have this problem on steam forums too. Bummer.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
That sneaky 6GB update. It didn't begin until i tried launching the game with a VPN active. Gonna try launching again in 5.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seems like a lot of people are trying to download the patch at the same time and it's clogging the whole system

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
VPN stuff:

The [PC version] has unlocked everywhere but the Americas. To unlock it early:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server outside America
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)
You need to change your password if you were recently logged into the mobile app or another instance of the desktop client. Those sessions linger for a while and prevent Steam from detecting the IP change; changing your password terminates them.

Don't disable then re-enable Steam Guard. That'll result in market and trading cooldowns.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Lol @ my DMC5 folder

TXVOov6.png