• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

Phantom HDR

btw. sliding on a shadow Tony Hawk style is preeeeetty cool.

qT1lkoC.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I dunno if FF was the right comparison but just the passiveness of it seems like the opposite of what I want in a game like this.
Na mate V is fuckin mental gymnastics as you try to position 3 PCs simultaneously, and read a book. And repositioning V using evasive ablities effects the position of your other PCs. Aside from that hes pretty similar to a DMC character
  • Shadow is his sword. With stinger, aerial rave, high time, helm splitter, calibur...the lot
  • Griffon is his gun. With charge shots, and aoe shots
  • The titan is his devil trigger. With special moves like stingers, unique combos
He doesnt play like a normal DMC character since he doesnt need to JC everything, but abit of freshness is all good. The only problem I have with him so far is that its easy enough to just AOE the entire map down at the same time

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Just did the first mission as V. It took me most of the level to find a control scheme that I felt comfortable with but once I did things started to click, it's still going to take a while to tell if I really like playing as him but the first impression was solid.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Just did the first mission as V. It took me most of the level to find a control scheme that I felt comfortable with but once I did things started to click, it's still going to take a while to tell if I really like playing as him but the first impression was solid.

After the first fight I immediately remapped Shadow and Chicken to shoulder buttons, made it WAY more comfortable for me.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this isnt live anywhere on steam, right?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Do you usually prefer framerate over resolution? For this kind of game I would tend to go fps first but that's just me.
My 144Hz is ready.

I'm excited, I've never played a game like this before on a high refresh monitor. I played DMC4 and Bayonetta on 360, DmC and MGR on a 60Hz PC, and Bayonetta 2 on Wii U.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Man this PS4 preorder theme is lame. The song is cool, but everything else just seems super low effort. Dunno why they even bother with this shit, oh cool a background that's just the cover of the game, great preorder bonus.

Edit: just noticed the friends icon is smoking a cig tho lolol. That's actually pretty funny.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck I dunno what to get it on.

Just standing in the shop with both copies in my hand

between the platforms difference in avg performance is ~1-2 fps with pro taking the lead while the difference in resolution is 30% with better AA on the X.

I chose the X before any comparisons popped up and I'm glad I did, the performance boost is marginal [to me ofc] so I'd go with better IQ.

It's really up to one's preferences. Both ports are solid AF.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
So watching previews and things, one thing I noticed is that the level designs look really really bland. Like super generic caves, industrial areas, and just generally a lot of gray and brown colors galore, nothing really stands out at unique or cool looking in terms of the environment.

The last DMC game I played I remember having some cool scenes, like at a carnival and some post-apoc stuff going on. Is there nothing like that in this one?
Sadly, one of the worst parts of the game is the bland level design.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For those speaking about using an vpn to unlock it early in the us :
Is connecting from a computer with an VPN in the correct region enough to unlock it to then play it on another computer without an vpn?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally pre-loading. Decided to also queue up another download to warm up for when it's available:
t7HWoy7.png

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Beat the first couple of missions and damn the game is soooo good.

The game was worth the wait. Itsuno delivered.

Also playing V is really fun.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
So watching previews and things, one thing I noticed is that the level designs look really really bland. Like super generic caves, industrial areas, and just generally a lot of gray and brown colors galore, nothing really stands out at unique or cool looking in terms of the environment.

The last DMC game I played I remember having some cool scenes, like at a carnival and some post-apoc stuff going on. Is there nothing like that in this one?

level design could be from the the times of the original game...sure more resolution and good graphics but really boring and many corridors where nothing happens

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
I'm gonna geek out so hard this weekend. DMC V and no money to go out anyway lol

Can't wait to play until my hands hurt!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
level design could be from the the times of the original game...sure more resolution and good graphics but really boring and many corridors where nothing happens

nah man dmc1 level design was actually a little complicated. and by complicated i mean i got lost all the fucking time

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
nah man dmc1 level design was actually a little complicated. and by complicated i mean i got lost all the fucking time

yeah, i meant from the general style...and yeah the first one had more complicated design than 5 which is a little bit embarrasing tbh. i think 5 is really bland when it comes to environments and actual design.

it reminds me actually of the level design of the Berserk Koei game in the eclipse mode...empty hallways, arena spawn, empty hallway again

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
DMC1 level design is pretty good tbh. Nice bit of Resident Evil going on in that game and the environment changes throughout the "campaign"

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, one of the worst parts of the game is the bland level design.

It's true, the environments in the previous DMC games are a lot more varied and interesting.

I'm about halfway through now and I kind of feel resigned to knowing what to expect in terms of level layout and features, in addition to expecting location assets to be re-used a lot.

There is some really nice stuff in there, though.

DMC1 level design is pretty good tbh.

Still the best in the series imo.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Just preordered my PS4 copy from Best Buy. I'm going to be sad when gamers club runs out for me.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So I think I'll eventually double dip regarding console versions, but the slight edge in performance on Pro, the DualShock 4 feeling better to me for this genre, and a new SSD in my PS4 Pro have me leaving toward that choice.

Visually, I couldn't tell the difference between the two versions in the demo. I have a 1080p TV anyway.

Gameplay wise, the touchpad as a useable button is far easier to use than the back button on Xbox controllers.

The subpar bloom lighting and jet fan in certain menus are the only things I'm feeling down on, but I'll live.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I loved the shoutout in Nero's second mission btw when
the ghost scissors appears and runs away in the next room that was a library just like the first game

I SEE YOU ITSUNO!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
there's not even that much hidden stuff either... it's a little odd. There are a couple of walls you can bust down with nightmare tho which I think is fun, it's great finding where he'll pop out from if you summon him

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The fanservice in this game (i.e. Throwbacks to previous games) is done well. It doesnt bludgeon you over the head with it but its not super obscure

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Steam doesn't ban for using VPNs to unlock games early right? Just for buying games in a different region?