• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
man the Pro goes absolutely jet engine in those "statues holding an hourglass" menus where you buy skills...completely insane, seldom i have heard my Pro so loud, that can´t be good for the console at all...and the console is getting loud in general with this game at least on 4K TV, it is definitely one of the loudest games so far

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom sent me a PC code today so I made a PC Port Impressions video (and a written piece for those who hate videos).

https://erasedcitizens.com/devil-may-cry-5-pc-the-best-version-by-far-pc-port-impressions/

TL;DR: runs at 4K and high refresh rates, IMO the best version of the game. Lacks HDR compared to the console versions but I believe the other positives make up for this.

Edit: Reuploading the video because Premiere Pro decided to miss out large chunks of gameplay near the end :(

Hopefully they push this later. No hdr is a huge bummer when it already exists on consoles

BK0X

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any exclusive modes for the PC version? like turbo mode or LDK? (DMC4 did that last time)

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone help me here? The combat in the demo felt very slow, and very mashy, it was a crappy demo? Or is the game just overhyped? Bayonetta's combat is even faster than the demo's combat felt. I'm used to this kind of game but it felt very boring.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
man the Pro goes absolutely jet engine in those "statues holding an hourglass" menus where you buy skills...completely insane, seldom i have heard my Pro so loud, that can´t be good for the console at all...and the console is getting loud in general with this game at least on 4K TV, it is definitely one of the loudest games so far
I imagine it's due to an unlocked frame rate during those segments.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Can someone help me here? The combat in the demo felt very slow, and very mashy, it was a crappy demo? Or is the game just overhyped? Bayonetta's combat is even faster than the demo's combat felt. I'm used to this kind of game but it felt very boring.
It gets way better not much after the demo is finished.

You have no idea how much variety is in this game and the demo doesn't really represent all the possibilities with the limited move set.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

huh? you can play the game rather fast, maybe you didn´t use the full moveset in the demo? Nero can be played fast with the right Breakers and Dante is really fast with his Trickster style and the Balrog

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing to hear that HDR is not available on PC. Honestly it's really puzzling that HDR would not be here, being that it's on both RE2R and RE7 for PC. Here's to hoping that it gets fixed soon.

It was in RE7 as well? Man smfh that's super upsetting. I'm sure we'll get DMC5 HDR right alongside that RE7 Vive port.

Any day now.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Whaaaaat, no HDR on PC?! Well that makes my platform decision easier. Jeez that's super fucking lame.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it God Of War menu sound level? I almost got rid of my PS4 after I finished that game

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I think the biggest disappointment for me personally are really the bossfights so far...super lackluster and frankly, just boring stuff...could be directly from the mid 2000s. especially that cutscene cocktease stuff is so annoying, in the middle of the fight cutscene and over...smh

but i don´t want to sound too much like a downer, hope enough people still enjoy the game

Is it God Of War menu sound level? I almost got rid of my PS4 after I finished that game

easily God of War levels..in this menu my Pro goes absolutely apeshit...

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
So for anyone that is already playing, would it be hard to go back to DMC4 after this? Purely talking from a gameplay standpoint. Graphics are obvious.

DMC4 has many things that this doesn't. It's not simply an 'upgrade'. The gameplay is different. The presentation is different. The vibe is different. Even the characters -although ostensibly the same- are different. Same with 1 and 3. They all have their own little quirks and unique merits. 5 is a fine addition to the series though.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Capcom sent me a PC code today so I made a PC Port Impressions video (and a written piece for those who hate videos).

https://erasedcitizens.com/devil-may-cry-5-pc-the-best-version-by-far-pc-port-impressions/

TL;DR: runs at 4K and high refresh rates, IMO the best version of the game. Lacks HDR compared to the console versions but I believe the other positives make up for this.

Edit: Reuploading the video because Premiere Pro decided to miss out large chunks of gameplay near the end :(

Happy to hear cause I chose the pc over the X.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i gotta get the parry frames down right on the voltaic knight...

Oct 26, 2017
I think the biggest disappointment for me personally are really the bossfights so far...super lackluster and frankly, just boring stuff...could be directly from the mid 2000s. especially that cutscene cocktease stuff is so annoying, in the middle of the fight cutscene and over...smh

but i don´t want to sound too much like a downer, hope enough people still enjoy the game
I think most the bosses are probably just like the demo boss which you had to literally stop attacking to see half his moveset. Like i think the second boss was going into a phase 2, but i rocket punched at half hp and RIP

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Is someone already playing it? how is it?

i'm dying to play it but because lack of ruppies, i'll have to play it in a few months lol.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Just picked up PS4 copy for my local mom and pop an hour or so ago.

Didn't have any deluxe editions but oh well. Have a Xbox Deluxe Edition I was able to track down at a Best Buy. Seems like Capcom didn't produce enough copies and are cancelling some pre orders that were put in late.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 patch is around 3.6 GB, presumably adding in Japanese voice to the game.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was going to cancel my pre-order because i hadn't finished but 4 yet, but i forgot to and 5 arrived in the post today!

Well im glad I didn't cancel because there's a recap video i didn't know existed which summed up 4 nicely and now im having a blast - this is way better than 4.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Day 1 patch is around 3.6 GB, presumably adding in Japanese voice to the game.

ZcUaKkw.png

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just use something like reshade to tweak stuff. Sucks you have to at all in the first place but hey benefit of playing on PC modifying stuff.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Welcome to the party. Played the Xbox demo and the performance sucked but the HDR was good, so here I am thinking PC no brainer.

Jk it's still a no brainer for the frame rate but STILL. Come on.
They could have at least told us about that ahead of time, obviously we were all thinking PC HDR was a given, considering they put out two RE games in the same engine on PC with phenomenal HDR support. This shit is fuckin boogers.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
PC doesn't support Ultrawide? Cmon Capcom don't do this to me. I waited 11 years to play this on glorious Ultrawide 1440p/144fps.

Should i just get it on PS4 Pro since I might as well play it on my TV anyway ?

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
They could have at least told us about that ahead of time, obviously we were all thinking PC HDR was a given, considering they put out two RE games in the same engine on PC with phenomenal HDR support. This shit is fuckin boogers.

That's where I'm at. Don't let me find out hours from release that a mode assumed standard isn't included.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question for those who played the game? Is it easy to SSS Rank on easy mode? The enemies die so easily thus it does n;t take time to combo, right?