• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChristMustDie

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom sent me a PC code today so I made a PC Port Impressions video (and a written piece for those who hate videos).

https://erasedcitizens.com/devil-may-cry-5-pc-the-best-version-by-far-pc-port-impressions/

TL;DR: runs at 4K and high refresh rates, IMO the best version of the game. Lacks HDR compared to the console versions but I believe the other positives make up for this.

Edit: Reuploading the video because Premiere Pro decided to miss out large chunks of gameplay near the end :(

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom sent me a PC code today so I made a PC Port Impressions video (and a written piece for those who hate videos).

https://erasedcitizens.com/devil-may-cry-5-pc-the-best-version-by-far-pc-port-impressions/

TL;DR: runs at 4K and high refresh rates, IMO the best version of the game. Lacks HDR compared to the console versions but I believe the other positives make up for this.

I don't hate videos, but I certainly appreciate the written piece, thank you!

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan

No HDR?? bummer, I was assuming it would have it since RE2 did. Though with RE2 you needed to turn on HDR in windows before launching did you have windows HDR turned on?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Kinda lukewarm on this at the moment. Hoping the second half is better.

same here unfortunately...i am no hardcore DMC fan, maybe this is why but somehow everything is a little bit lackluster so far...i am at the beginning of chapter 11, taking a break for now.

story does nothing at all for me and the game itself, well, it is nothing new, feels like been here done that, even the enemies are nothing special.

at the moment i like V because he brings at least something new to the table with his animals but i don´t know, the game is not rocking me off my chair at all, maybe it is a little bit too rustic and the old formula just feels stale by now, can´t pinpoint it at the moment.

Last edited:

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
I'm at mission 9 and most of the soundtrack in missions when I was fighting as Nero are ambient tracks, is it normal? Or my game glitche? Lol
I can't remember the time I heard Devil Trigger outside of beginning missions.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Not sure that's how it works. From Steam:

Europe/Asia/APAC Regions:
・Mar. 7th 4:00pm PST
・Mar. 7th 7:00pm EST
・Mar. 8th UTC (+0) 0:00am, midnight London
・Mar. 8th 8:00am HKT / China
・Mar. 8th 9:00am JST
・Mar. 8th 11:00am Australia (UTC +11)

Earliest it looks like it's available is in 7 hours.

What does steam unlock schedule has to do with my PS4 preorder that just unlocked at 0:00 my timezone?

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I called my bestbuys and they all said they aren't selling the game tonight. I kinda hoped they would, that way I could start playing tonight...

Unless someone else had a better luck on that and was told they would sell the games tonight. Matt said Gamestop will, but I kinda want Bestbuy since I have the Gamers Unlocked still.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I'm at mission 9 and most of the soundtrack in missions when I was fighting as Nero are ambient tracks, is it normal? Or my game glitche? Lol
I can't remember the time I heard Devil Trigger outside of beginning missions.
Are you getting high ranks during combat? The theme kicks in more and more as you go up the style rankings.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
same here unfortunately...i am no hardcore DMC fan, maybe this is why but somehow everything is a little bit lackluster so far...i am at the beginning of chapter 11, taking a break for now.

story does nothing at all for me and the game itself, well, it is nothing new, feels like been here done that, even the enemies are nothing special.

at the moment i like V because he brings at least something new to the table with his animals but i don´t know, the game is not rocking me off my chair at all, maybe it is a little bit too rustic and the old formula just feels stale by now, can´t pinpoint it at the moment.
That's where I'm at too. The story has been rather boring so far, and the level design isn't too interesting either. It does look rather nice, though, and combat is fun, just wish the rest of the game was as good.

I'm pretty bummed I feel that way, but who knows, maybe things will pick up in the later chapters.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Is there a way to figure out when the game is releasing based on my time zone? This has always been so confusing to me at times.

I travel a lot so it's always a huge headache.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
after playing DMD a bunch I went back to SOS to run through a level quickly to compare placement and I'm just fuckin beasting on things. DMD really forces you to learn to play efficiently (some might say... cheaply) or you die...

God I'm thinking about Platinum's output now... I hope they can try and match the visual flare of the RE Engine, because fuck me, this engine is incredible.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
That's where I'm at too. The story has been rather boring so far, and the level design isn't too interesting either. It does look rather nice, though, and combat is fun, just wish the rest of the game was as good.

I'm pretty bummed I feel that way, but who knows, maybe things will pick up in the later chapters.

first half of the game is all setup. the level design though is pretty much gonna be corridors from here until the end of time unfortunately

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
after playing DMD a bunch I went back to SOS to run through a level quickly to compare placement and I'm just fuckin beasting on things. DMD really forces you to learn to play efficiently (some might say... cheaply) or you die...

God I'm thinking about Platinum's output now... I hope they can try and match the visual flare of the RE Engine, because fuck me, this engine is incredible.

No way in hell. Switch doesn't have the specs required for a game that looks even remotely similar and runs at 60fps.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
No way in hell. Switch doesn't have the specs required for a game that looks even remotely similar and runs at 60fps.

Just hoping they can make some headway with art design or camera trickery, stuff like the dynamic camera hopefully isn't as tricky... it'll be a shame to get a Platinum game that doesn't look nearly as good as DMC5.

Suggestions? Honestly they seem to function on a filter system and I'd be filtering so much shit it's not worth the time. I'd rather just go dark.

disable comments and suggested videos and whatnot, something like this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...mmende/khncfooichmfjbepaaaebmommgaepoid?hl=en

Juxtapozed

Oct 28, 2017

Edit: Reuploading the video because Premiere Pro decided to miss out large chunks of gameplay near the end :(

Would you know if it supports ultra wide resolutions?

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Are the deluxe editions reversible covers. I prefer the standard edition cover.

I have now bought a ps4, xbox, and pc copy of this game. I have a problem.

l0rd_farquaad

Banned
Sep 19, 2018
My RTX 2080 + 1440p is ready for this game. Still trying to get used to the jump canceling in this game. Been playing the demo non stop...

ChristMustDie

Oct 26, 2017
Would you know if it supports ultra wide resolutions?
That is the one thing I wanted to test but wasn't able to. Judging by how good the port is, in theory it should be like the Resident Evil 2 Remake where it does support ultrawide aspect ratios. If someone can tell me how to test it using a normal 16:9 monitor, I would be happy to try it.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
That is the one thing I wanted to test but wasn't able to. Judging by how good the port is, in theory it should be like the Resident Evil 2 Remake where it does support ultrawide aspect ratios. If someone can tell me how to test it using a normal 16:9 monitor, I would be happy to try it.
If you're on Nvidia you can create a custom ultra wide resolution in Nvidia control panel. I'm sure amd had a similar option. 3840x1440 then it will play letterboxed @ 4k

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just finished mission 11, I've been having a blast with the game; it's way too much fun. I shall return to it in the morning.

Oct 25, 2017
So for anyone that is already playing, would it be hard to go back to DMC4 after this? Purely talking from a gameplay standpoint. Graphics are obvious.