• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
"DMC5 Final Boss is Bayonetta!"

Well thanks for the spoilers jesus....

I'm kidding...

or am I ?

sorry I'm just waiting for the last 5 hours of 11 years to go away so in the meantime

rq07W46.png

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The voice over on this sounds absolutley terrible.

He sounds like the new Arthas bootleg VA from WoW.
What fits DMC better than terrible voice over?

This is still the series that gave us "I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIIIGHT (LIIIIIIIGHT) (LIIIIIIIIIGHT)".

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Dang, careful with your YouTube dashboards if you're concerned with spoilers. I had to block 3 channels with spoilery thumbnails today.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
Just finished the game an hour ago! It's a 10/10 from me, it's absolutely GOTY material. Within the saga, for me it would go: DMC3>DMC5>>>DMC4>DMC1>the rest (DMC3 is my favorite game of all time, so DMC5 is in a pretty good spot I'd say!).

Spoiler-free impressions from a longtime DMC fan follows:

• It's an uncharacteristically ambtious storyline for DMC, relies alot on mysteries, revelations and flashbacks.
  • The weapons for Dante are super complex, each one has its own particular system or mechanics. It's AMAZING! Easily the best Dante incarnation gameplay wise.
  • The first time I played with V, it was a doozy. As a heads up to everyone, check how your dodges recall back Griffon or Shadow. Having to take that into account was the biggest hurdle for me. But when it finally clicked, it was second nature. It was an awesome shakeup to the DMC formula.
  • Had a lot of touching moments, especially ones I didn't see coming.
  • Funniest game I've played in years, the banter and interactions are ON POINT!
  • This game NEEDS bloody palace. As soon as I finished the story I went looking for it, but forgot it was a DLC coming down the line.
  • It wasn't a hard game, I only lost twice during the whole Devil Hunter playthrough and got a plenty of S on mission rankings. Probably the easiest of the bunch, only above DmC by a huge margin. I'll go try Son of Sparda next!

All in all, it completely surpassed my expectations! If you are a DMC fan, this is a love letter to you. And if you're not, then there is still a ton to appreciate in this that you simply don't get in the gaming landscape nowadays. In any case, this is an action game landmark and a return to form for the genre! Can't wait to jump back into the game and keep at it!

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any practice mode to mess around with combos or are you stuck replaying chapters until bloody palace comes out

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't Shadow teleport back to the enemy if you lock-on to it again (after dodge) before pressing the attack button?
Nope, he will still just attack around him. If you're locked on to enemies within a certain range of V, he will circle them. He doesn't just teleport to them constantly.

Technically there is a Hard mode unlock at start if you know about it. Its just not easy to unlock.
Decided to give it ago before sinking my teeth into dante. Got 2 phases in, had to use air taunts to dodge his combos, not gonna try again cause I assume this is actually meant to be a real boss later. I really wish I could of seen the crystals HP bar the first time, cause it would have been way more fun than thinking "guess ill die?". Even if the reality of grinding that boss without exceed or movement skills is not fun, I still like that its a thing.

How in-depth is the training mode here? Can you choose any enemy in the game?
Can pick any enemy, i'm scared too look into more menus cause of spoilers.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
yup, except for bosses, you can set unlimited health on enemies, make them to stay still/attack and turn on infinite devil trigger

it's great
Oh my god.

That's everything I hoped for, thank you Capcom.

One more question, can you list what type of health pool they have? Like Devil Hunter HP, or DMD HP, or SoS?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god.

That's everything I hoped for, thank you Capcom.

One more question, can you list what type of health pool they have? Like Devil Hunter HP, or DMD HP, or SoS?

Didn't see any option like that, it's possible it's tied to the current playthrough you're on, but I'd need to confirm that since I only finished the game on Devil Hunter so far.

edit: aaah shit, I constantly forget ERA doesn't merge consecutive posts, sry about that :d

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Still no DMC5 Xb version in the top 100 on amazon US. I get annoyed when I see this bc game deserves the support. So much for the marketing dollars MS

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't see any option like that, it's possible it's tied to the current playthrough you're on, but I'd need to confirm that since I only finished the game on Devil Hunter so far.

edit: aaah shit, I constantly forget ERA doesn't merge consecutive posts, sry about that :d
Thank you.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Depending on your skill and desire to seek out secrets it's easily between 10-15.
It took me about 12-13 and I did some additional running around looking for secret missions and B/Porbs

Excellent, I've only played 1-2 & DMC. Didn't have much trouble going through those games and I usually take my time with the exploration to find hidden rooms etc.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Decided to have a go at the trophy, Well I'll Be Damned, I played lame but it's doable and easy way to get the trophy :) don't think it's a spoiler but it does change the prologue, so probably don't watch until you have finished the prologue.

Oct 26, 2017
Dante is just straight up insane just with just balrog since its basically two weapons in one with really cool mechanics

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Managed to last until 5 mins ago avoiding major spoilers went to open YouTube for some music to workout bam DMCV full end and boss with spoiler thumbnail. Kind of bummed out as I knew who It was already but more got another surprise ruined by it.

Bleh ready for my copy in post tomorrow after get back from gym

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Pray that my work has it available for rent tomorrow (or at very least has it available next Monday). I'm gonna die.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
03h 29m 15s left...

In the time of waiting to play decided to do some spring cleaning and look what I found !

8Osc25c.jpg

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what do you guys recommend for a total DMC noob. Just go in on normal difficulty and getting destroyed? I'm hoping that difficulty is on the easier side

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Probably been asked already but can we use a VPN to unlock the game early on steam? I can get console today but I'd rather play PC if I can still play tonight.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
So what do you guys recommend for a total DMC noob. Just go in on normal difficulty and getting destroyed? I'm hoping that difficulty is on the easier side

If you didn't play a lot of action games like DMC/Bayonetta I'd start with Human and work my way up, getting the feel. If you did, go ahead with Devil Hunter.