• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Already asked before but no one answered: for the people who're already playing, does the game have save slots? or is it like DMC4?

No save slots. You have a master save file and that saves what you've done. There's a temporary mission state save file too, but that's wiped if you start another mission.

Hope that makes sense.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed how much youtube pushes spoilery ass videos with spoilery ass thumbnails on you.
I avoided watching anything dmc related the past month so it wouldnt effect my reccomended tab, just watching a gundam video 2 mins ago lo and behold 2 major ass spoilers in my reccomended vids.

Its funny because playing KH3 i didnt run into this at all (i was watching a shit load of kh related vids too) and i didnt really care about getting spoiled for that game.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I feel your pain man. I waited too long to pre-order. Best Buy is sold out for me. Was planning to pre-order there and I just checked other retailers. They too are sold out. Seems this game is selling out of pre-orders. I am guessing that is a good sign for this game, but sucks for the fans. I am just going to have to wait at this point now.
Yeah that sucks. Update on my end, I just found it on Newegg in stock(PS4). Ordered it but I won't be able to play it till next week of course. Wasn't going to pay that high shipping cost for overnight nor the 2 day shipping.

EDIT: And Amazon might be back in stock on PS4.
EDIT: Nevermind its not, it seems to be an error.

Last edited:

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Youtubes algorithms are the worst, I mockingly watch one video posted somewhere about some dipshit and then all of a sudden my recommended is every garbage video they make, I spend so much time telling it not interested in so and so channel and yeah it bubbles up all the click bait and gamer rise up shit all the time. ugh it sucks

So I played the demo and didn't really enjoy Nero as a character and the Break mechanics. I was hoping that the other two characters would save it for me, do they get just as much play time, or are they just smaller side experiences?
Nero gets the biggest chunk. It is already leaked who gets how many missions, but I can't tell you exactly. (Just answering cause so far nobody did.)
Maybe someone else sees this and can tell you more.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, what an OT. Incredible work Dahbomb and everyone! Magnum opus indeed.

Just two more hours til another nearly decade-long wait finally comes to an end.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, before I get excited for nothing, am I correct that this game will be live at midnight EST on Steam for US?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England

Decided to order this on Xbox to play on my X, haven't got a physical Xbox game in years. I play most of my games on PS4 or PC, so atleast getting some use out of my One X other than Crackdown 3

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Motivated.
1534504292403.png

aaaaaaaand saved. that'll do just fine for launch day.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Quick ? because it seems like the Deluxe phyiscal is sold out everywhere... if I preorder it on Ps4 can I preload it when I get home from work today and play it at midnight?

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hate Youtube! Just because I watched a few reviews doesn't mean I want it to recommend end game playthrough videos with extreme spoilers as thumbnails. Youtube sucks and Youtubers that put spoilers as their thumbnails really suck. Excited for the game nonetheless, but I hope anybody that is trying to stay clear of major spoilers doesn't have the same thing happen to them.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hate Youtube! Just because I watched a few reviews doesn't mean I want it to recommend end game playthrough videos with extreme spoilers as thumbnails. Youtube sucks and Youtubers that put spoilers as their thumbnails really suck. Excited for the game nonetheless, but I hope anybody that is trying to stay clear of major spoilers doesn't have the same thing happen to them.
Good time to learn about Video Blocker!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-blocker/jknkjnpcbbgcbdbaampbjlhkcghmgfhk

Add "Devil May Cry", "DMC" and some other things you'd like to see blocked, in my case "Final Boss" and "Ending", as I almost never look those up by myself, they only appear as spoilers in my recommended tab.

You can also block whole channels, Boss Fight Database being one that will always spoil everything for most games, so it's a safe block.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
It's really weird how this piece of shit recommends videos. I never got spoiled thankfully but I saw lots struggling

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
I based my review off not using the auto-combo feature but decided to try it out today. Boy does it make things easy!

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way to unlock it before with NZ vpn ?
I would say global unlock like Remake 2.
Launch times: https://steamcommunity.com/games/601150/announcements/detail/1816544902766169355
Europe/Asia/APAC Regions:
・Mar. 7th 4:00pm PST
・Mar. 7th 7:00pm EST
・Mar. 8th UTC (+0) 0:00am, midnight London
・Mar. 8th 8:00am HKT / China
・Mar. 8th 9:00am JST
・Mar. 8th 11:00am Australia (UTC +11)

North/South/Latin Americas:
・Mar. 7th 9:00pm PST
・Mar. 8th 0:00am (midnight) EST
・Mar. 8th UTC (+0), London 5:00am
・Mar. 8th 1:00pm HKT / China
・Mar. 8th 2:00pm JST
・Mar. 8th 4:00pm Australia (UTC +11)
So different unlock time depending on region.
If you live in America and VPN to London at midnight UTC time, your game will unlock. That is March 7th 4pm PST and 7pm EST, 8 hours 11 minutes from this post.

IslandNiles

Sep 28, 2018
To the folks who haven't got their codes from cdkeys, what version did y'all get? I got my deluxe edition pc code last night

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
About DMD, wasn't enemy placement for SoS and DMD the same in DMC4 too? I'm not surprised that it's the same here.

Also, how's the audio in the game? Someone mentioned the announcer is hard to hear. I also had a hard time hearing the music in the demo.

Oct 25, 2017
About DMD, wasn't enemy placement for SoS and DMD the same in DMC4 too? I'm not surprised that it's the same here.

Also, how's the audio in the game? Someone mentioned the announcer is hard to hear. I also had a hard time hearing the music in the demo.
But even bosses acting the same way as in Devil Hunter? That's a first, isn't it?

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the only difference between the deluxe edition and regular pre-order that you get 100k red orbs?

I'm a little worried that I will have difficulty keeping up with the game since due to arthritis. But I'm still in.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Note: Purchased Red Orbs are saved to your save data, and so will be unrecoverable if you delete your save data.

unknown.png

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
Got my copy in the post earlier! played up to mission 4 been playing on normal difficulty and hadn't died until the end of mission 3 twice getting too cocky, game is fluid as hell and sure is a looker, never been one of the DMC players that tries S ranking everything as my skill level on these games peaked a long time ago the same as fighting games, eager to get the game finished before the weekends over as wanna avoid spoilers so bad and get all the skills and equipment before 'attempting' S ranking the higher difficulties.