• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
okay i checked SOS mission 3 against DND mission 3... pretty sure the enemy placement is exactly the same

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
you know i wonder if gating move unlocks behind the orb requirements is actually a big help in teaching newcomers how to play the game

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
The high orb cost of things doesn't bother me. It will actually be nice still having stuff to buy on repeat play throughs.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Regarding the MTX: Move Costs and the amount of red orbs gained in regular Gameplay feel exactly like in DMC 4.
Coming from a fresh DMC 3 and 4 playthrough, I even think you get things quicker in 5.
But I have to say, simply having the possibility of buying everything straight away makes the progression feel off, even if I think objectively that is not true (at least compared to the old games).

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i still have all kinds of bullshit with dante i need to unlock and i've cleared the game on DH and SOS... and played a few levels a couple of times over as well for the hell of it!

Oct 26, 2017
Would have been nice to just start with your demo abilities rather than get red orbs. Loving the dive kick move, but need to feel whats its like to JC already

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the cost itself, what bothers me is having the game offering you paid orbs every time you can't afford a move. That's just shitty.

Hide that option away in the menu for people who actively want to use the paid cheat, don't rub it in everyone's faces.

okay i checked SOS mission 3 against DND mission 3... pretty sure the enemy placement is exactly the same

Keep us updated! Hopefully it'll change later on.

Oct 26, 2017
Yea Nero having a divekick feels so good, made goliath alot easier to fight without jc. Vs like dr seuss or something

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
So I played the demo and didn't really enjoy Nero as a character and the Break mechanics. I was hoping that the other two characters would save it for me, do they get just as much play time, or are they just smaller side experiences?

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Shouldn't Dante's hat allow for some decent orb farming? I saw footage from review and you get like 1k orbs from 3 hit combo if you slap hat on em.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
GqiItlR.gif

Just playing through the demo again to get to grips with the sheer complexity of the combat again.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
any streamers that are actually good at the game?
i wanna see crazy combos and shit

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for my cd keys code to come through. Want this pre-loaded in good time.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you know i wonder if gating move unlocks behind the orb requirements is actually a big help in teaching newcomers how to play the game
I think it's past time these games implement some sort of trial mode akin to SF. Like, the closer we got from that were the loading screens in DmC showing examples of moves, but even that would only serve to mildly pique interest in players maybe trying to perform these moves. Meanwhile, a trial mode would help people get to grips with how you can actually chain stuff in the game, whereas logic dictates that, without that, people will probably just resort to whatever's the most effective, and only try different moves if they really want to engage the style meter (and even then, it's very easy to use a few throwaway moves in order to have your "bread and butter" moves gain you style again).

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
This looks pretty interesting, I loved DmC and played around with 4.

I hope it hits gamepass in the coming months, so I can play through it.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I genuinely hope that every award ceremony that holds a category for animation recognizes this game. Holy fucking shit, this is utterly insane.

In addition to a photomode (which I'm very happy is included!), this game deserves a replay mode where each combat encounter can be reviewed with the same kind of playback options you find in driving games after races. Being able to make these mesmerizing testaments to Capcom's work in gif-form on-the-fly would be stellar.

AIPDiRD.gif
IL4A0r8.gif
PAW96EH.gif
XN8HWpO.gif
1zkkdcl.gif
sImNS0C.gif

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
JUST GOT MY COPY YALL!!!!!!!!!!
6 hours until i can play it...............
BUT IT'S REAL AND IN MY HANDS I CAN TOUCH IT

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely hope that every award ceremony that holds a category for animation recognizes this game. Holy fucking shit, this is utterly insane.

In addition to a photomode (which I'm very happy is included!), this game deserves a replay mode where each combat encounter can be reviewed with the same kind of playback options you find in driving games after races. Being able to make these mesmerizing testaments to Capcom's work in gif-form on-the-fly would be stellar.

AIPDiRD.gif
IL4A0r8.gif
PAW96EH.gif
XN8HWpO.gif
1zkkdcl.gif
sImNS0C.gif

Come awards season it will probably be ignored over some western cinematic bullshit.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Got my copy earlier this afternoon. Played up to Mission 5.

The missions are long. Lots of new skills to learn for both Nero and V. Gameplay is slick and requires practice to get good at.

Feels so good to play a DMC game again.

I quite like Nico. Didn't at first, but she's quite spunky.

I do like how they kept the old sound effects for when you're scrolling through menus and selecting items. Same with that sound when an area gets closed off and enemies appear.

Very nice touch of nostalgia and homage to the older games.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Done with the first 3 missions. Still rusty AF, but it feels good to be playin' some fresh DMC stuff.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm a bit worried the combat will be too difficult for me, seems very complex and I imagine controls are pretty insane. As a newcommer should I be worried?

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
What's up with you lot getting your copies early? Gotta wait for the digital unlock :(

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
I'm a bit worried the combat will be too difficult for me, seems very complex and I imagine controls are pretty insane. As a newcommer should I be worried?

Don't be worried.

Fortunately there's a practice area, and the game shows you how to execute combos and movesets.

As with any game, it takes practice and creativity to get good at (that and watching donguri combo videos lol).

It's a very fun combat system.

If you haven't played the other games, there's a short story catchup movie on the main menu too.

Ah yeah, the fan on my Pro definitely got louder.

You can use a fan mat under your PS4 Pro. I always keep it there to keep my console from getting overheated.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Already asked before but no one answered: for the people who're already playing, does the game have save slots? or is it like DMC4?

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
nah, it eases you in...look at the move list, take it slow, don´t worry
Don't be worried.

Fortunately there's a practice area, and the game shows you how to execute combos and movesets.

As with any game, it takes practice and creativity to get good at (that and watching donguri combo videos lol).

It's a very fun combat system.

If you haven't played the other games, there's a short story catchup movie on the main menu too.

Thanks for the reassurance guys, very excited to dive in!

Oct 26, 2017
Vs boss is a really good practice, it smartly designed so that you are always facing one direction, so the directionals are easy