• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Guys I just noticed in the credits, Shinji Mikami is listed as the lead artist for environments. Is that the same Mikami from Tango?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
e7u7nmzjclk21.jpg

Green Stig

Feb 27, 2019
I'm so Torn between getting this on the Xbox x with a 4k OLED. Or my new gaming pc, which I only have a 1080p 60hz monitor for until the end of the month. When I can afford to upgrade.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
You all did an amazing job! We can't wait to play the game we been waiting for 11 years now! Thank you so much!

BTW, anyone knows if stores will have a midnight launch for DMC5 in the US?

The wait is almost over :)

And yes, most retailers such as GameStop should be hosting a midnight...well, a 9:00pm local launch (check with your store beforehand tho).

In fact, Matt Walker & Co. will be with us at the Union Square San Francisco GameStop location at 9:00pm PST tomorrow to celebrate the launch. Come see us if you're nearby!

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
gotta say i am a little concerned about the sales of this game...there is an ad on the german PSN about buying Devil May Cry 5 digitally, it was posted yesterday evening and it has only 43(!) thumbs ups.

i really think most people don´t want such games anymore, it is only for old time fans and hardcore players at this point...

Check the deluxe version.

Oct 25, 2017
Any clue which version is better: PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X?
Not sure which one to get.

In the DF Analysis of the Demo the One X had huge FPS drops, but it seemed that it was an old build.

EDIT: nvm, ordered the Xbox Version, because my store already has it in stock and will ship it immediately.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Feels like just yesterday Capcom hit rock bottom by charging for Asura's wrath ending. Now i've got a high budget MH, a 10/10 RE, and a new devil may cry. I'm usually fine with digital, but dam these cases look good together
P7xNvRK.jpg

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Any clue which version is better: PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X?
Not sure which one to get.

In the DF Analysis of the Demo the One X had huge FPS drops, but it seemed that it was an old build.

EDIT: nvm, ordered the Xbox Version, because my store already has it in stock and will ship it immediately.

X has lower FPS than Pro, but has 30% higher resolution, or something like that.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
gotta say i am a little concerned about the sales of this game...there is an ad on the german PSN about buying Devil May Cry 5 digitally, it was posted yesterday evening and it has only 43(!) thumbs ups.

i really think most people don´t want such games anymore, it is only for old time fans and hardcore players at this point...
DMC5 has been the best selling game on steam for the past like 4-5 days straight. I think the game will do just fine.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forard to play this, played the Xbox one X demo that first releases, so now Im just waiting on Steam to unlock the game so I can download it.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Dante Must Die mode isn't as tough as I initially thought (if you orb-revive continue... look, it's a first run, okay?) but the secret seems actually to me to be 'run through as many encounters you don't have to as possible and save your health for the mandatory locked rooms/bosses'. There's a few main differences, most of which are familiar to old schoolers:
  • Enemies seem to devil trigger after either a set time or a damage threshold (i think maybe both? I've seen DT'd enemies at higher health). They don't seem to regen health from it I think, but the main difficulty is that they mostly don't get hitstunned by anything anymore which severely impacts combo potential.
  • Everything hits like a goddamn truck and takes a truly ridiculous amount of damage
  • Your own DT doesn't regen nearly as fast
  • There's no health items anywhere in the environment, though I've seen some enemies pop them.
Early days yet of course... I'm not sure, but I think the enemy placement might be the same as SOS?

Just defeated the chapter three boss in the library... that was rough going. I think I could have gotten it without using revives if I had learned the boss's patterns before... ai yah

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
yoooo reuben langdon speaks jpn? rad

/edit oh he did acting jobs in jpn, that makes sense

Oct 26, 2017
The game does all the stuff like exceed punching bag tutorials like we've been discussing in the demo thread, its dull gameplay so far for vets, but hopefully will help new players since its a full tutorial.

Oct 26, 2017
The mtx really fuckin sting when you have the demo red orbs and cant even buy enemy step+air hike so it asks if you want to go online and buy some.
Enemy step costs 45000 orbs

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
The mtx really fuckin sting when you have the demo red orbs and cant even buy enemy step+air hike so it asks if you want to go online and buy some.

having to rebuy a stupidly expensive enemy step is tradition, baby!

oooooh dmc cafe... man, i wish i lived in tokyo...

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO

That's what I feared the most. I don't mind if it's like DMC4 that a lot of people didn't even know you could buy shit, but the game constantly offering it to you makes it feel like a mobile game.

At least I'll have 100k from the pre-order, so I can get a couple of moves as soon as I start playing.

And this... scene... I'm in tears... hahahah. I cut out the story context so it's just the dance, if anybody wants a good laugh then go ahead.

Uuuuuh... aaaaaahh... mmmmm... the cringe.... .__. Naaaa, too much Michael Jackson for my taste. (And too much checking his little Devil Trigger.) :/
Reminds me of his Nevan scene from DMC3; took me quite a while to get used to it either.

Oh my gawd! XDDD ... *aaaand saved*