• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
started 2 and It seems pretty good so far. Why do people hate 2 again?
pGoZKSh.png

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. As much as I'd like to say the pleasure is all mine, it's thanks to the fan support and the dev team's hard work, passion, and craftsmanship. It just makes my (a sales guy's) job that much more easier. :)

You all did an amazing job! We can't wait to play the game we been waiting for 11 years now! Thank you so much!

BTW, anyone knows if stores will have a midnight launch for DMC5 in the US?

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
My copy won't come until next week so is DMC4 worth giving a retry or messing around with before I get it?

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I keep getting recommended final boss's and endings on youtube by the same dude and its mad annoying.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing through the HD collection on pc, just finished 1 and started 2 and It seems pretty good so far. Why do people hate 2 again?

Numerous reasons, though I'm thinking back like 15 years to my playthrough on PS2 to recall it all, but essentially:

-Terrible bestiary. Enemies that do not challenge or invite the player to learn Dante properly. Bosses especially.
-Imbalance. Guns are overpowered and instead of meant as a filler option to enhance combos, they are effectively an efficient way to clear a lot of the game. Bosses particularly demand their use.
-Environments are way too open lessening combo focus with little in the way of maintaining a smooth flow. This is partly why guns probably were given such a boost too.
-Drab and muted tone. Ugly environs with no color or interesting architecture. Lifeless Dante and a terribly dull plotline.
-Lucia felt wasted
-Mechanically uninteresting. Limiting and just not as freeform. It's a night and day downgrade from DMC1.

Probably more but I do recall liking the crisp resolution bump over DMC1, also wall running was kind of satisfying...that's all I got I think.

Admittedly much of the issues was the fault of Capcom rushing to shove a sequel out in like a few months of development(old interview discussed how cynical Capcom was to capitalize on the success of DMC1 fast). The team turned it around with DMC3 obviously.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I am preloading the game right now and still got the pre order bonuses. There is also an exclusive theme on PS4 but how to redeem it? Is it also time locked?

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
At the time 2 at least had the minimal benefit of "more Devil May Cry" but going back to it now... when 3 and 4 are right there instead.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
I still cant believe we are got DMC 5 and a fucking RE2 Remake in the same year shit is crazy. Glad to see the great reviews for it knew it would do well.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be able to start until the weekend because my copy won't arrive until Friday which is killing me because I want to play now.

Maybe I'll play some DMCIV in preparation.

The time has come and so have I! We also had a nice little DMC5 pre-celebration this morning.

To celebrate the opportunity, Discord folks came by our office and dropped off these awesome Devil May Cry-inspired cake pops :)

dmcisbackebjm3.jpg
Congratulations on the launch!

Those cakepops look so good.

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
People in here are playing on PC, how is the input latency compared with the console demos?

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I purchased the deluxe edition at 10 and got the code instantly. You sure you haven't gotten the confirmation email with the code link?
The email code link shows me this
"This product is a Pre-Order, it will be available here on or slightly before the release date of 8th March 2019."

Guess we are waiting :/ (for what it worth, it's the normal edition)

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm really tempted to get this but I'm pretty bad at these type of games and never play a DMC game before.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Seems they only got the Deluxe version at CDKeys, the normal edition says still you can pre-order. I hope they will sent the keys later today.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
My wife bought me a copy since it was only 42€ on PS4, but I have other games to finish first.

Jun 17, 2018
Managed to get an hour in on this last night. It's fucking crazy, the monsters look amazing and it's just a fun time. I finish work for the week today so I'm going to have a late one. Can't fucking wait!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
gotta say i am a little concerned about the sales of this game...there is an ad on the german PSN about buying Devil May Cry 5 digitally, it was posted yesterday evening and it has only 43(!) thumbs ups.

i really think most people don´t want such games anymore, it is only for old time fans and hardcore players at this point...

Oct 25, 2017
gotta say i am a little concerned about the sales of this game...there is an ad on the german PSN about buying Devil May Cry 5 digitally, it was posted yesterday evening and it has only 43(!) thumbs ups.

i really think most people don´t want such games anymore, it is only for old time fans and hardcore players at this point...
How many likes do ads for other games on German PSN get?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

Sold out left and right restock sold out again top seller on all platforms for months straight from multiple retailers and regions.

I really think the sales numbers will impress a lot of people.