• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Haven't really been enjoying playing with Nero or V. I think Nero would have been more fun to play if you could switch breakers on the fly, having to break one to use another doesn't add depth it just makes in an annoying mechanic.

V just isn't a character I would usually play due to his play style but even so it's quite easy to get SSS style ranks with him. Nero requires more investments into skills where as I have barely bought anything with V and destroy enemies with ease.

Just got to Dante and I'm sure his styles are going to feel more familiar and enjoyable to be.

A shame Lady isn't playable.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
So glad to be back. Dream game for me! Nice OT Dah
The time has come and so have I! We also had a nice little DMC5 pre-celebration this morning.

To celebrate the opportunity, Discord folks came by our office and dropped off these awesome Devil May Cry-inspired cake pops :)

dmcisbackebjm3.jpg
That's awesome, and congrats to you guys and the dev teams! Game looks great and is reviewing well, and the promotion work has been awesome!

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Haven't really been enjoying playing with Nero or V. I think Nero would have been more fun to play if you could switch breakers on the fly, having to break one to use another doesn't add depth it just makes in an annoying mechanic.

V just isn't a character I would usually play due to his play style but even so it's quite easy to get SSS style ranks with him. Nero requires more investments into skills where as I have barely bought anything with V and destroy enemies with ease.

Just got to Dante and I'm sure his styles are going to feel more familiar and enjoyable to be.

Lady was always dlc bait.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica

Getting a SSS always just depends on how high you put the difficulty.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Thx! I was already sold on the extra $10 for past battle music but was curious what those were.

They are truly great fun. I actually think the deluxe is one of the better editions of a game in recent years. The red orbs and nostalgic music are a bonus too.

Yesssssssss models look amazing!

TIME TO KICK DEMON ASS

It's almost here...

Yeah, every item and weapon and enemy and boss and even characters have portraits in the same vein as the ones in the OT for the main cast. They did really well with the archive / library in this one.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see who everyone's favorite to play is. Super curious about V's complexity.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
holy fuck the pre order theme has the best music in a theme in the history of ever.

WOW hands down my favorite PS4 theme

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Waiting for steam unlock is going to be hell...friends on ps4 it unlocks in 12 hours for them and I'm just like

tenor.gif

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
Any Aussies who have preordered the deluxe through EB Games? I just got a call from my local store telling me that they may not even have stock of the deluxe until early next week :(

It was suggested that I just buy the standard and exchange it for my deluxe later on

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I just want to say that man, I remember starting DMC4 and being a little confused and mixed up...

I'm so fucking happy we are where we are now though. I can't wait to see this through.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Any Aussies who have preordered the deluxe through EB Games? I just got a call from my local store telling me that they may not even have stock of the deluxe until early next week :(

It was suggested that I just buy the standard and exchange it for my deluxe later on

Sorry to hear that. I pre-ordered my Deluxe version on the EB Games website and got a shipping confirmation e-mail back on Tuesday. I'm guessing it'll only arrive next week, though, since I didn't spring for the express postage.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah game has really good shop/gallery music lol

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, this CGInfernoBlast guy on YouTube is a real jerk. He uploaded the entire game with no regard for spoilers.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't gonna do the wait til midnight thing but I just got a Pro so why not. Gonna take a nap soon as I get home and regret it during work tomorrow lol

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Ive seen just 2 screens on twitter which are big spoiler but idk how my youtube is so clean, maybe because I click not interested on everything remotely DMC related.
I deleted my watch history 5 times just this past week. I completely forgot to do it after watching the reviews today, Goddammit.
Hey, this CGInfernoBlast guy on YouTube is a real jerk. He uploaded the entire game with no regard for spoilers.
Yeah, that's where I got spoiled. Fuck that guy

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yup can confirm I got spoiled by this CGInfernoBlast guy too. Reported this dude!

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I wasn't going to order since I'm playing on PC but it seems it's sold out around the world so now considering it for collection.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You guys might as well avoid Twitch tomorrow, a LOT of streamers will be allowed to start streaming the game early.

Last edited:

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Game unlocks for me at 11am tomorrow on steam, just need to sleep all day to avoid everything.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
My friend - who pre-ordered after me - already got his CDkeys code but I haven't yet ..
The wait is killing me!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Ive seen just 2 screens on twitter which are big spoiler but idk how my youtube is so clean, maybe because I click not interested on everything remotely DMC related.

How many style rank announcers are there I cant seem to find how many there are.

They don't list them out, there's just a toggle to randomise them or not

gypsyOtoko

Capcom Producer
Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Btw Billy Bacon is literally one of the smartest people at Capcom and a huge proponent for the PC community.

Thank you. As much as I'd like to say the pleasure is all mine, it's thanks to the fan support and the dev team's hard work, passion, and craftsmanship. It just makes my (a sales guy's) job that much more easier. :)

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Feel free to lynch me, but Lady in DMC4SE quickly stopped being fun. All her tools are really slow and she pretty much compensates for her clunkiness with just doing a bunch o damage...

Instead of playable Lady in DMC game, I want a spin off, a stylish over the top third person shooter, with her gun mechanics being the focus of entire design.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Yeah I ran out of ideas for lady combos, you'll see them on the latest Reddit colab hopefully if they didn't cut me out.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't play the demo (downloaded it) and yet I placed a pre-order earlier today. Not sure if I'll get the bonus pre-order items, but we'll see

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
I'm playing through the HD collection on pc, just finished 1 and started 2 and It seems pretty good so far. Why do people hate 2 again?