• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Game is just sitting pre-loaded ready for tomorrow

I have no interests in any other game right now. I have nothing I need to get done.

I prepared myself too well for this...I don't know what to do with myself

Nhz599g.gif

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I have no interests in any other game right now. I have nothing I need to get done.

Nhz599g.gif
At least your game is pre-loaded and ready to go. Pretty sure Nuuvem will fuck up and only send my steam key on Friday.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Anyone know how much unlockables and stuff this has? If there's no costumes that only leaves difficulties and stuff right? If so that's disappointing.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome OP!

I'm 200% motivated. My hype is through the roof and I can't wait to finally play the full release. Welcome back, Devil May Cry. We missed you!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what to do for my next vid... probably a Voltaic Knight SOS run 1CC attempt, since I reckon that's probably non-spoilery (but will have to avoid using some spoilery abilities...)

I wonder how long until 'spoiler limitations' on abilities is up, haha

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
What does "Live Action cutscenes" mean and what are the "Alt announcers" in the Deluxe edition?

They are Pre-Viz custcenes which have actors acting out the general goings-ons of the cutscenes before they were added into the game and actually modelled and animated. They're very comical.

Announcers is a small thing - basically everytime you boot the game someone says Devil May Cry like the old games. If you have Alt Announcers installed it'll be Nico sometimes, Dante sometimes, V sometimes. Just alternates through the cast.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well my Amazon order isn't going to ship, its cancelled and I can't order another as its unavailable. ;(. Don't see anywhere else I can get the physical(Deluxe Edition) right now and im having a FOMO moment.lol. I may break my no digital $60 and up rule for this one.I see green man gaming has it for $5 cheaper than psn, may go that route. Depends on how im feeling tomorrow. Kinda mad right now but oh well.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had any luck using a VPN to decrypt a steam preload early?

I've done it a few dozen times in the past.

It's quite simple. You get your preload downloaded on your normal connection and you wait for the closest release.(Here it would be 8 March 00:00 London Time) When that's out, close steam, start your VPN of choice and start up steam again.

The game will decrypt and when that's done just launch it till you hit the menu, exit the game and go offline in steam.

You're free now to close the VPN and play.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
They are Pre-Viz custcenes which have actors acting out the general goings-ons of the cutscenes before they were added into the game and actually modelled and animated. They're very comical.

Announcers is a small thing - basically everytime you boot the game someone says Devil May Cry like the old games. If you have Alt Announcers installed it'll be Nico sometimes, Dante sometimes, V sometimes. Just alternates through the cast.
Isn't it for the style announcements when you combo too? There's a voice that shouts "dismal* "badass" etc as you rank up your combo.

Oct 27, 2017
Well my Amazon order isn't going to ship, its cancelled and I can't order another as its unavailable. ;(. Don't see anywhere else I can get the physical(Deluxe Edition) right now and im having a FOMO moment.lol. I may break my no digital $60 and up rule for this one.I see green man gaming has it for $5 cheaper than psn, may go that route. Depends on how im feeling tomorrow. Kinda mad right now but oh well.

I feel your pain man. I waited too long to pre-order. Best Buy is sold out for me. Was planning to pre-order there and I just checked other retailers. They too are sold out. Seems this game is selling out of pre-orders. I am guessing that is a good sign for this game, but sucks for the fans. I am just going to have to wait at this point now.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Nero: Hey Dante! Will we meet again?

Dante: "Waves"

11 years later...

"ring ring!"

Nero: Yeah?

Dante: Sup bro

Nero: Dante??? Wtf I haven't heard anything from you fo years lmao. Where you being?

Dante: In purgatory lol

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
SAW TV COMMERCIAL ! MY HEART JUMPED. IM SO READY !

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for this to arrive. I've been hearing some word that leads me to ask...

I've hear daround that this game will conclude Dante's story. Is this true (without spoilers)? Yes/no

It'd be a bummer for the first DMC game in like a decade to come out now and put a fan favorite to retirement

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
The time has come and so have I! We also had a nice little DMC5 pre-celebration this morning.

To celebrate the opportunity, Discord folks came by our office and dropped off these awesome Devil May Cry-inspired cake pops :)

dmcisbackebjm3.jpg

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
The time has come and so have I! We also had a nice little DMC5 pre-celebration this morning.

To celebrate the opportunity, Discord folks came by our office and dropped off these awesome Devil May Cry-inspired cake pops :)

dmcisbackebjm3.jpg
That is great, I can't wait to play. You guys have been knocking it out of the park lately! great job and keep it up! <3

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere

dmcisbackebjm3.jpg

That's awesome.

Hey, question - If my computer is in Australia, can I play at 4pm PST tomorrow on PC?

:)

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't played a DMC in over a decade, but love Bayonetta. Should I just get this deluxe edition or get one of those HD compilations? Are Capcom preorder bonuses truly preorder specific or can they be purchased/bundled later?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played a DMC in over a decade, but love Bayonetta. Should I just get this deluxe edition or get one of those HD compilations? Are Capcom preorder bonuses truly preorder specific or can they be purchased/bundled later?

bayo is post DMC4 iirc but DMC5 is post bayo. get DMC5. HD compilations are good but they're more for the historical record at this point, speaking as someone who entered the genre via Bayo

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
lmao i realised something about the final boss fight (minor dialogue spoilers)

Not only does Nero quote a line from DmC in it but so does Dante!

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if PC version has Nvidia Ansel and Highlights supported? I noticed the new driver update mentioned DMCV optimization.

Kunomori

Nov 1, 2017

Nhz599g.gif

You can spend more time making more bets and losing them all. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

PowerK

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I would go for XBX version. Most reviews have been on that console. Also waiting for DF analysis
Yeah, probably.
If my memory serves correctly, Capcom's past games (such as RE7, MHW, RE2) in this generation showed almost negligible differences between PS4 Pro and X1X.
I should wait for Digital Foundry's review, however.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yeah, probably.
If my memory serves correctly, Capcom's past games (such as RE7, MHW, RE2) in this generation showed almost negligible differences between PS4 Pro and X1X.
I should wait for Digital Foundry's review, however.

I think RE Engine has been "softer" looking on Xbox One but a better resolution? I don't know the specifics, but it really comes down to personal preference.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit I couldn't handle my hype and pre ordered the game...got the deluxe edition since I'm now buying at day 1. I love DMC but I really need to do something about my backlog...

Anyway anyone knows if there is a character model viewer like on RE2 Remake?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Thx! I was already sold on the extra $10 for past battle music but was curious what those were.