• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I know personally, MS should be pushing more for games to have Xbox Live features imo. Stuff like hotline Miami and undertale not having achievements is such a bummer.

I think they are. At least I was surprised to see games like Prey and The Messenger having Xbox achievements and assumed Microsoft is probably already pushing for it.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Not the biggest DMC fan, but I'll sure play one of the most well regarded games of 2019 at no extra cost. Thanks GamePass!

I wonder if this is (was?) an Inside Xbox Gamescom announcement

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Microsoft has the marketing for DMC5, just because Sony sponsoring the tournament doesn't change that.

I actually saw the add on the SFV stream so probably Capcom put it there and not Microsoft but it was funny seeing the stream full of PS4 logos and then a DMC5 add for X1.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Holy shit that would be nuts! Glad I didn't buy it. Mostly because I have yet to play and finish all previous games.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
This will be awesome if true! How does it look/run on a xbox one s?

Gamepass really not wanting me to finish my ps4 purchased games. Well I won't complain.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I still have it installed on my X, but haven't played it for months. Not having to put in the disc may make occasional bloody palace runs more likely.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
This 'leak' is from a Xbox console. It will obviously reference an addition to Game Pass on console.
Microsoft literally has two distinct Twitter accounts for Game Pass and Game Pass on PC. They could potentially rename the first Game Pass Xbox console but it'd be a little too long and harder to market. Apart from that, every single game they add has a little logo on the side with a console or desktop icon. It's very clear, IMO.
Renaming everything to Xbox on PC is a deliberate strategy because for MS, the Xbox ecosystem just goes beyond the console. It makes sense to me.
The problem lies in how media and us at the boards talk about it, the official announcements should be fine. I believe the official names were labeled as Xbox Game Pass for Xbox (or maybe Xbox Game Pass for Console, don't remember) and Xbox Game Pass for PC. The twitter accounts right now though are called Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass PC, so maybe that's the current model. But here we say Game Pass and leave it up to the user to figure out what we're talking about.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when there was a rumor that DMC5 was PS4 exclusive? Now it's coming to GP lol

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Me waiting for games to get because of Gamepass. Is paying off a lot now. Metro, tomb raider, vampyr, and now dmc.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Me waiting for games to get because of Gamepass. Is paying off a lot now. Metro, tomb raider, vampyr, and now dmc.
It seems like if Microsoft shows off a game at E3, there is a very good chance it comes to Game Pass.

Games shown on Microsoft's stage in 2018 from 3rd Party studios in GamePass

Games shown on Microsoft's stage in 2018 from Microsoft/ 2nd party studios in GamePass

Games shown on Microsoft's stage in 2018 from Microsoft/ 2nd party studios going into GamePass

• Battlefield V (Electronic Arts).
  • Black Desert (Pearl Abyss).
  • Crackdown 3 (Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive).
  • Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course (Studio MDHR).
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt RED)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom).
  • Dying Light 2 (Techland).
  • Fallout 76 (Bethesda Game Studios).
  • Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere).
  • Gears POP! (iOS and Android Exclusive – World Premiere).
  • Gears Tactics (Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere).
  • Halo Infinite (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere).
  • Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix).
  • Metro Exodus (Deep Silver).
  • Nier: Automata Become As Gods Edition (Square Enix).
  • Ori and The Will Of The Wisps (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive).
  • PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Console Launch Exclusive).
  • Sea Of Thieves (Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive).
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Activision).
  • Session (Crea-Ture Studios).
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix).
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc).
  • The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (Square Enix).
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
  • Tunic (Finji).
  • We Happy Few (Compulsion Games, Gearbox Publishing)

EA has/had EA access so probably we would not see Battlefield V or Jedi Fallen Order in GamePass but you never know.

Monster Hunter, Shadow of War, Life is Strange after the storm, Rise/ Shadow of the Tomb Raider, all appeared on Microsoft's stage before releasing.

Actually, I thought this was the case for a while but I always wondered what happened to Shadow of War, until today.
16/26 of that list is 62%

Take out the Microsoft games and it's 11/21 or 52%

Remove the EA game and add in DMCV as a Game Pass game, and that goes to 12/20 or 60%.

That's a great percentage to have. Anywhere from 50-60% of what Microsoft advertises at E3 ends up in Game Pass.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Remember when there was a rumor that DMC5 was PS4 exclusive? Now it's coming to GP lol

Ah yes, good times!

Some games I just can't wait with though. Borderlands 3 for example, that sucker is day one!

For a while I've thought that the reason some of these games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Metro Exodus end up on GP so soon is because those weren't exactly big sellers. But that can't be said about DMCV.

We don't have a release date for it yet?

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
At this point I'm not buying anything atm. Between this and Origin Access Premier.

Just working on the backlog :d
Just like how I believe Control will eventually hit gamepass...not buying it. My next purchase will be Cyberpunk 2077. After that...sheeeeeeeit. I'm just holding out for Sony to follow suit for first party in PSNow so I can catch up on all the games I missed this gen since I skipped PS4. I got too many games on both console and pc from xgp and new ones keep coming and I be playing all these indie titles too.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Just like how I believe Control will eventually hit gamepass...not buying it. My next purchase will be Cyberpunk 2077. After that...sheeeeeeeit. I'm just holding out for Sony to follow suit for first party in PSNow so I can catch up on all the games I missed this gen since I skipped PS4. I got too many games on both console and pc from xgp and new ones keep coming and I be playing all these indie titles too.

2019-08-27 : Control
2019-09-10 : Gears 5
2019-09-10 : GreedFall
2019-10-25 : The Outer Worlds
2019-11-15 : Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
2019-11-22 : DOOM: Eternal
2020-02-11 : Ori and the Will of the Wisps
2020-03-06 : Watch Dogs: Legion
2020-04-16 : Cyberpunk 2077

What I have on my list for the near future. 4 of those will be purchases, everything else is sub-based. :D

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
2019-08-27 : Control
2019-09-10 : Gears 5
2019-09-10 : GreedFall
2019-10-25 : The Outer Worlds
2019-11-15 : Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
2019-11-22 : DOOM: Eternal
2020-02-11 : Ori and the Will of the Wisps
2020-03-06 : Watch Dogs: Legion
2020-04-16 : Cyberpunk 2077

What I have on my list for the near future. 4 of those will be purchases, everything else is sub-based. :D
Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs, DOOM: Eternal, and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order will be purchases? Just guessing.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What do you guys think: announced and added to Game Pass during Gamescom?

I've never gotten into Devil May Cry or that genre as a whole, but might delve into DMC 5 on Game Pass. Is it good for newcomers? Any thoughts on the game from people here?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Control, GreedFall, DOOM and Cyberpunk will be purchases is my guess. ;)

Yeap. By the time I'm done with The Evil Within, The Evil Within 2, Alan Wake, Alan Wake: American Nightmare and Deux Ex: The Fall, maybe some of those will end up in a sub somewhere.

A Plague Tale Innocence ended up on OAP a week after I bought it on Steam. -_-

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Yeap. By the time I'm done with The Evil Within, The Evil Within 2, Alan Wake, Alan Wake: American Nightmare and Deux Ex: The Fall, maybe some of those will end up in a sub somewhere.

A Plague Tale Innocence ended up on OAP a week after I bought it on Steam. -_-

You just know Doom Eternal is bound for GamePass sometime in 2020

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil 2 and A Plague Tale: Innocence are at the top of my Most Wanted List. If either shows up on Game Pass this year, I will be SO happy. It would save me probably $30-$40 CAD each, which would be cost of purchasing them during Black Friday.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Your only limitation is your brain =)

LMAO! I thought I was looking at Dark Souls (Artorias) at first. But yea, after seeing experts (like Kail, Donguri990, etc) play DMC3 and 4 on YT, I pretty much just resigned to the fact that my mediocre skills would rob the characters of their true potential.

And to that end, my personal head-canon has always been to see those players and say, "Yea, if Dante/Vergil/Nero were real and possessed in-game abilities, that is exactly how they'd move, aka anime mode".

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Resident Evil 2 and A Plague Tale: Innocence are at the top of my Most Wanted List. If either shows up on Game Pass this year, I will be SO happy. It would save me probably $30-$40 CAD each, which would be cost of purchasing them during Black Friday.

Depends on what you're playing on, but if you're on PC, OAP has A Plague Tale Innocence for $15 a month, I think.