• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You'll have to keep waiting because uh... I don't care? Like, at all.

The reason is that the developers just can't help themselves but throw sexist garbage into their games. Are we meant to respect that for some random reason?

Ok then call me when DMC6 has erect penises being shown with no censorship and we'll talk. Until then, I'll just chalk this down to developers treating women like shit as they always have been.

Yet not very many people seem to find it odd that a company is even putting ass cheeks for no reason in a game like this. Interesting.

You don't care and yet you are coming off as incredibly caring in this insanely aggressive post. Make up your mind.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're objectively wrong. That wasn't hyperbole. It was arguing there's a slippery slope, which you're free to take issue with.
Arguing that there's a slippery slope with a lens flare filter on a butt is hyperbole, for me. Hell, a month before we had Metro Exodus for the PS4 with exposed breasts.

Will happily change my mind if it leads to more censorship but for now, it's really a non-issue.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
jesus christ dante give her your coat

Trish being naked is one thing given what happened, but yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Instead he's just like "hur hur I got more than an eye fill" which is crass and weird as fuck given Trish's origins. Instead, he lays her on some cold-ass concrete naked, bails on his thunder cycle and leaves it up to V to cover her up

Like, that's just a total douchebag move on Dante's part

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Arguing that there's a slippery slope with a lens flare filter on a butt is hyperbole, for me. Hell, a month before we had Metro Exodus for the PS4 with exposed breasts.

Will happily change my mind if it leads to more censorship but for now, it's really a non-issue.
You won't necesserily even see the effects this might have.

It's not about the game's devs make being censored, it's about how the restrictions put in place by the current market leader may put people off from exploring certain themes in the first place.

Just because you don't see any issues, doesn't mean their aren't any. And it's fine if you genuinely believe that there aren't, but to then try and call out the people who do is poor form. If you think someone is wrong, then you can engage them if you want to, but your single sentence dissmisive posting doesn't actually contribute anything, it's just needless aggression.

Oct 25, 2017

That isn't what hyperbole means. You just disagree with the premise of an argument. It's pretty cut and dry.

Deleted member 55445

Banned
Mar 30, 2019
They haven't removed anything. Nothing about this affected the game's story or gameplay in any way, shape or form.

It's a freaking butt for god's sake.
Yes, it's a butt. A butt that deserves to be shown in a rated M game. You wouldn't censor a naked woman in a rated R movie so why do it for a game? This kind of censorship is immature and useless. If a studio intended for nudity to be in their game then it's their artistic vision. Would you censor a classical sculpture? No, you wouldn't. The same applies for video games. I'm glad they patched out the lens flare.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
its ok because its so minor either way, but huh, weird that they changed it in a patch
I did wonder why put nudity in your game when then you feel compelled to censor it yourself with an out of nowhere lens flare.
I think only the ps4 version was censored , because some rules or something.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's a butt. A butt that deserves to be shown in a rated M game. You wouldn't censor a naked woman in a rated R movie so why do it for a game? This kind of censorship is immature and useless.
The game is immature. The immaturity is the point of it.

Without the lens flare, it's just a terribly modeled butt.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
Wouldn't be easier if they just had a toggle for nudity in the option menu going forward? Simple on and off would help.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Yes, it's a butt. A butt that deserves to be shown in a rated M game. You wouldn't censor a naked woman in a rated R movie so why do it for a game? This kind of censorship is immature and useless. If a studio intended for nudity to be in their game then it's their artistic vision. Would you censor a classical sculpture? No, you wouldn't. The same applies for video games. I'm glad they patched out the lens flare.
It would have been funny (for DMC ) if the ladies have to get naked, use weird censorship like that , lights, signs, stuff, watever something funny like that DmC cutscene.maybe it could have worked, if that were not the only part they played in the story of course

However these scenes are played serious like trish getting kidnapped so its whatever

Deleted member 55445

Banned
Mar 30, 2019
It would have been funny (for DMC ) if the ladies have to get naked, use weird censorship like that , lights, signs, stuff, watever something funny like that DmC cutscene.maybe it could have worked, if that were not the only part they played in the story of course

However these scenes are played serious like trish getting kidnapped so its whatever
Not everything has to be funny, the game can have serious moments. That's usually what makes a story more impactful.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea this was a thing. Light bars, seriously? At a least have them cover up if you're going to make them censor scenes.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Not everything has to be funny, the game can have serious moments. That's usually what makes a story more impactful.
I mean, one scene was already lady getting naked on purpose i just say they could do something funny with it instead of just fanservice

The others, i think people have issue with the ladies having to get naked to work in those demons, was it really necessary?, specially if their clothes are magic like trish.at least i wish they could have played a bigger part in the ending, maybe
fight weakened vergil along with nero, or dmc1 demons with Dante

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Great news.

Fuck censorship.

Trish being naked is one thing given what happened, but yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Instead he's just like "hur hur I got more than an eye fill" which is crass and weird as fuck given Trish's origins. Instead, he lays her on some cold-ass concrete naked, bails on his thunder cycle and leaves it up to V to cover her up

Like, that's just a total douchebag move on Dante's part
I'm actually pretty happy with him there. o.O
It would have been weird if he had not commented on it in some way, and I would interpret it more as a bit apologatically instead of horny.
That's the part I always loved about him, that he meets the women around him on equel terms and with respect. He's the one who bursts out into laughter when he sees her as Gloria.
I'd also say, Trish looking like Eva is not that big of a deal anymore. She is a complete different personality, and they work together long enough already for him to look past that.
I would have expected V to be more arkward around her, btw, who's not used to her appereance.

Sure, I want him to give her his coat too, and that part is weird - but that lies more with the development. Dante can't run around without the coat for the rest of the game, and to have him sit down and take care of Trish would have ruined the pacing even more, better have him rush off. This way they can also avoid them talking to each other and give her alone time with V.

He acts more like an asshole towards V, I'd say.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So basically the reverse of what people expected in the last thread? (other versions to be patched to follow Sony's version)

Oct 25, 2017
You don't care and yet you are coming off as incredibly caring in this insanely aggressive post. Make up your mind.
I am aggressive against sexist garbage, yes. I care a lot about that. I don't care about """"""""censorship""""""""" in video games because why the fuck does every game need a titninja or five?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather the whole scene just be removed entirely. The nudity is gratuitous and completely unnecessary and only serves to further objectify two badass, formerly active female characters who got downgraded to nothing but eye candy in DMC5.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm in the "who cares, it's just butts" camp.

It is infuriating that most sexualization in games is done to women; so if that standard hasn't changed I don't care about fucking lens flares covering some butt-crack. The fact the chicks are arbitrarily in the nude anyways is annoying.

TEIx6A9.gif

There's three corny-as-fuck dudes that have tons of room to get cheeky with.

Even the "lesser" game was cool with it.
Dante-Naked-Baseball.gif

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
i dont really care about the censorship itself, i just dont like that sony thinks they can remove things that other companies just allow. you should not be doing that for your platform. that's what people clowned on Nintendo for for years.

I dont really like how they portrayed Lady and Trish in certain scenes, but i said the same in DMC4 as well.

If your going to censor something, it has to be for clearly defined reasons like what they were originally doing with the little girl esque characters. It cant be for everything someone just happens to find personally objectionable

RHANITAN

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed the lens flares were done as an intended joke. Felt like it fit right in with dmc's humor.

From my perspective they have removed a joke because some people couldn't stand not seeing a butt.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't played the game: can anyone actually provide clear context for this? Because in this thread people are saying that 1. PC versions got lights covering body parts too, and more importantly 2. the JP versions didn't have these lights like the NA version did.

Which to me would pretty clearly indicate it's not Sony that caused this, if the JP version differs, because that would have had it too? So it would be the ESRB, or else Capcom fearing the ESRB, right?

If it was Sony, it is maybe a little more actually concerning than the fearmongering over fanservice in the previously affected games, as it's a game that isn't actually centered around fanservice. But... the affected part is still fanservice. So I'll continue to say: I'll only be concerned when they stop a dev from actually including sexual content/themes, and not just "please stare at these women's bodies".

Beyond that, the only things I can possibly care about it are the lack of a clear policy and the English forms bit, and I'm not even sure if we've heard that again since the first time?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think it's fair to put us who are against censorship on something minor in a m rated title with a bunch of assholes.
Pretty much. Seeing Trish's ass doesn't make me horny in the least lol

But while pointless nudity is dumb, hilariously out of place lens flares to try and hide it is even dumber. Especially in a game with constant violence and gore.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good. It's not like anyone really cared about the details of censorship in that scene but I'd like the full experience of the game that other regions/platforms get to experience.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why this was a big deal to begin with. There was a censored scene on the Xbox version as well. Big whoop.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I'm going with it was part of a bigger patch and just so happened it "fixed" the scene – I doubt someone said 'the hell with Sony we're showing ass'.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I can't stand to see a bare butt! Need a mod to cover that butt on the PC version ASAP

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather all versions of the game had had something more humorous to cover up the nudity (see the DmC bread/bat covering up nudity) but they're pretty bad cutscenes at this point.