• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
"Focusing on big DC theatrical tentpole release."
"Great, Ta-Nehisi Coates is done with the first draft for our Black Superman movie, we already cast a Latina Supergirl and got her introduction to the audience out of the way, and we were coming up with ideas for a Static Shock. This will be a great push for representation for DC Movies on the big screen, especially with that PR mess with Justice League."
giphy.gif

"Get Ezra Miller in here, make sure the police don't see them."

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm beginning to think Zaslav has a grudge against characters who aren't white men.
But the hierarchy of power in the DC universe is gonna change, gonna be the Black Adam universe lol.

Static used to be one of my favorite cartoons grown up. Never read the books but was always hype when he showed up in JL or whenever other Supes showed up in his show. Insane how he's barely been used.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Clever strategy.

Marvel is too woke and diversified and they're erasing white people.

So if DC erases minorities and women, they can get all that bigot money that Marvel is throwing away.

It can't fail. Someone get Kevin Sorbo on the phone: we need a Jonathan Kent STAT.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Jesus Christ.

I thought race might've been a factor with the news last week, but didn't post since so many kept saying it's just business. Now, this is fucking pattern especially with The Flash movie being safe.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
These weren't all Max releases, right?

Also, I don't know if the Green Lantern Corps would be staring John Stewart, but it's a pretty bad look that a Black Superman film, a Static Shock show, and a Latina Supergirl (not to mention the cancelled Latina Batgirl), are all getting the axe.

I didn't even believe that all these projects would release, but you can't cancel this many projects with PoC-leads as they are just starting to establish representation. Unintentional or not, it portrays the message that representation is not a priority.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ.

I thought race might've been a factor with the news last week, but didn't post since so many kept saying it's just business. Now, this is fucking pattern especially with The Flash movie being safe.
You've would've been one among many, people have been calling it suspect since the first rumours of Batgirl's cancellation.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Bold of you to assume it won't get cut

People have been worried about Blue Beetle too.
From the THR article:

"Some key collaborators have received assurances their projects are safe. The Suicide Squad filmmaker James Gunn has multiple projects in development at DC, including season two of Peacemaker, which is moving forward. Insiders say Blue Beetle, starring Xolo Maridueña as DC's first Latino superhero to topline a movie, is also on track for its August 2023 release date."

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Why does my boy Static keep getting the short end of the stick? Mans would be Miles Morales levels of popular by now if properly pushed.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
This makes WB forcing Snyder to cut John Stewart from his Justice League ending all the funnier/sadder

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Crazy how all the POC movies are getting halted but Flash is still going ahead, even doing re-shoots during this Ezra saga that's unfolding before our eyes.

It's beyond bullshit and it feels a more than a little racist

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
"Discovery is for woman. HBO Max is for men. Diverse projects are for the trash pile." -- The Zaslav Method

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Static was all I wanted. (And Batman Beyond but I gave up on that years ago).

Literally all of the diverse media is getting cut and I fucking hate it. Fuck all of those white men at WB. All of them are pieces of crap.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For fuck's sake man, I really want to see Static come back some day. It seems like just such a guaranteed hit.

Aug 4, 2022
Static was all I wanted. (And Batman Beyond but I gave up on that years ago).

Literally all of the diverse media is getting cut and I fucking hate it. Fuck all of those white men at WB. All of them are pieces of crap.
Yeah, I mean look at black adam, I mean dwayne johnson is so pale he could have been raised in Iceland right?

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
They making it really obvious by the kinda of movie they are taking priority with. Need a Blue Beetle prayer circle at this point

Aug 4, 2022
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns of representation across multiple posts, account in junior phase
Is Zslav a republican or comicgater because "Jesus Christ" he has a vendetta against bipoc led superhero .
Crazy how all the POC movies are getting halted but Flash is still going ahead, even doing re-shoots during this Ezra saga that's unfolding before our eyes.

It's beyond bullshit and it feels a more than a little racist
Yes it crazy, I mean look at how white Dwayne johnson is.
Or could it just be that warner has been mismanaged for a decade and now they need a desperate course correct.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I mean look at black adam, I mean dwayne johnson is so pale he could have been raised in Iceland right?
Your hyperbole is hilarious to me as a POC.

And those people lack the ability to think critically, black adam october 21st with a poc actor, with 3 other poc heroes
The film is post-editing and in the marketing phase of course it wasn't getting cancelled. Keep trying to prove this isn't white male privilege on display by these corporate goons 👍

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
*sigh* I knew damn well if Batgirl got the can, Static didn't have a chance in hell of coming out, but it still hurts seeing it confirmed.

Aug 4, 2022
Jesus Christ.

It's really not
A film that's already done. What else they got starring POC?
Batgirl was already done, the implication that they are cancelling all poc projects is simply completely untrue, they have to make up for a decade of mismanagement it's going to take a while to evaluate, one of the major complaints of dc fans is that they seem to throw shit at a wall to see what sticks.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A film that's already done. What else they got starring POC?
The Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey..

DC shows on HBO. Watchmen, Peacemaker, Doom Patrol..

Maybe you should watch more DC stuff before commenting on them?

If you were only referring to upcoming stuff, then maybe wait and see? DC has a lot of Black characters, and I'm sure The Batman 2 is already coming.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yes it crazy, I mean look at how white Dwayne johnson is.
Or could it just be that warner has been mismanaged for a decade and now they need a desperate course correct.
The film was already and the Rock is one of the name actors, every other project with a PoC lead is being canceled while they refuse to canceled the white one with a criminal pedophile lead that keeps assaulting people, from all that people are going to start to ask those questions

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
There needs to be a movement to fire Zaslav, something to at least get their attention

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
User Banned (2 Weeks): Misgendering
Batgirl was already done, the implication that they are cancelling all poc projects is simply completely untrue, they have to make up for a decade of mismanagement it's going to take a while to evaluate, one of the major complaints of dc fans is that they seem to throw shit at a wall to see what sticks.
When Ezra Miller's flash movie is coming out still no matter what he does but all the POC movies get canceled it doesn't take a genius to figure out the optics on that is a bad fucking look
The Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey..

DC shows on HBO. Watchmen, Peacemaker, Doom Patrol..

Maybe you should watch more DC stuff before commenting on them?
Oh is Suicide Squad or Birds of Prey getting sequels??? Cause there hasn't been shit said except Idris has a project which is good, but could just be showing up in Peacemaker for all we know. Last time I checked it starred John Cena who is white. Watchmen was also a one and done and Doom Patrol has who? Cyborg and Jane out of an ensemble cast? Wow, so much progress!

Maybe you should read the room and the news before commenting on very valid concerns people have.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There needs to be a movement to fire Zaslav, something to at least get their attention
The current board just got in with WB and they are all likely very loyal to Zaslav. The only thing that will change their minds is losing money, and honestly I think they sort of want to devalue the brand…

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
That may get cancel .
Yet they haven't been canceled. So of the five upcoming DC films with actual release dates, three feature a POC lead.

I personally think it's much more simple and they're hitting a rethink of the future of the DCEU. Which is why development for some titles early in development have stalled.

If, and this is still an if, the Bad Robot Superman project has been canceled, that's probably due to Zaslav being upset that former WarnerMedia management got finessed by JJ Abrams in that $200 million deal.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Goddammit, not Static. I've been wanting a Static show since I was a kid. The cartoon made him one of my top 5 favorite supes growing up.

WB finally getting out of AT&T shitty management only to go to...this. Has to be one of the all time worst monkey paw scenarios.

But the hierarchy of power in the DC universe is gonna change, gonna be the Black Adam universe lol.

Static used to be one of my favorite cartoons grown up. Never read the books but was always hype when he showed up in JL or whenever other Supes showed up in his show. Insane how he's barely been used.
Same, the show was great. I watched it after school all the time.

DC cartoons from the 90s-00s are such a perfect template for a MCU type of thing, I don't understand why they're so bad at this shit.