• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
errr Im indian and while Ive seen some truly entrenched, half blind/ignorant/idiotic positions by some posters.

(Im going to avoid posting on those for now as its quite clear what their views/inclinations of some of the Pakistani and Indian poster's in these threads are.)

On this huh what do you expect them to do with a pilot shot down in their territory? Let him walk back to India. Capturing a pilot shot down (or even if you want to think technical fault) in enemy territory is perfectly normal and not an escalation.
At the very least not parade his video around on twitter (if the previous page's post is accurate). That hardly helps ease tensions. If evidence needs to be provided of capture then that can be done via proper channels, not twitter.

I don't understand what I said was so idiotic, ignorant, half blind??

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
At the very least not parade his video around on twitter (if the previous page's post is accurate). That hardly helps ease tensions. If evidence needs to be provided of capture then that can be done via proper channels, not twitter.
Via proper channels, so Indian media can deny it as usual? Like they're still denying it?

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Slowly but surely official acknowledgment will come but wait no Indian pilot is allowed to have a mustache hence fake news :)

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Christ, I wouldn't want to be in a MIG-21 against a F-16 (especially has Pakistan has upgraded all their block A/B's) even if the MIG-21 was a bison. Actually I wouldn't want to be in a MIG-21 at all, they have a very dodgy afterburner desigIndian which leads to tendency to flame out. I'm surprised India are still flying MIG-21's
India's military procurement programmes are famous for being some of the most chaotic in the world, to the point that even Russia is no longer keen on them. They miss deadline after deadline, shoehorn bizarre clauses (formal or informal) and pit competitors in less than desirable ways. That and incredible levels of corruption at all concebible levels. Those are some of the reasons why India has been struggling to modernise their air force while spending big bucks on the indigenous HAL Tejas programme.

Pakistan is equally corrupt, but they seem to keep their shit together in comparison or push forward with purchases anyway.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What do you think? If shit pops off do you really think I want to be here while everyone slowly starves/freezes to death?
Every damn thread. India and Pakistan have had multiple actual wars while having nuclear weapons and we're all still here. Get a grip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noobie

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Christ, I wouldn't want to be in a MIG-21 against a F-16 (especially has Pakistan has upgraded all their block A/B's) even if the MIG-21 was a bison. Actually I wouldn't want to be in a MIG-21 at all, they have a very dodgy afterburner design which leads to tendency to flame out. I'm surprised India are still flying MIG-21's
Reports are coming that one SU-30 has also been shot down and his pilot is also captured. and seeing the recent record i expect this to be true also.

Sensibility returning on other side of the border.

maxay

Jan 15, 2019
Majority of Indian politician and people of India want war I don't have any idea how can you rage war on other country just by justifying it by blaming other country without any proof. Come on its not a video game or over the top movie. War is a lose-lose situation and its not nationalism that makes you cheer on war, it's your privilege.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Thanks. Hopefully he's returned/found safely.
Although they didn't mention him by name in the briefing, he is almost certainly the same one arrested by Pakistan, Abhinandan Varthaman.

Pakistan is claiming that they have another Indian pilot who had to be taken to a hospital, but there is currently no evidence about this from either side.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Heres a recap from the Indian update:

1. PAF responded to the IAF counter terrorism action by targetting Indian Military Installations.
2. Indian Military readiness foiled the attack which then missed all targets. This was action was suggested to be an air to air engagement.
3. In this skirmish a PAF F-16 was shot down by a MiG 21 Bison and observed crashing in Pakistan territory.
4. In the same skirmish an IAF MiG-21 Bison was lost and its pilot is MIA.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Dude the countries have been independant for over half a century. Were not going to blame it on some ages old colonialism etc... thats just reductionist as hell. India Pakistan issues are their own thing. Hardly anyone thinks about its original British influence etc etc. Quite frankly the concept is somewhat demeaning both are indepedant countries with their own agendas not stuck in some 1950s colonial hangover.
I appreciate that these countries have made their own decisions, mistakes, etc and are responsible for them. I certainly would want to infantilize either, but it's quite obvious that there are major lasting effects of colonialism. Don't excuse the UK and other former colonisers of their responsibility

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Majority of Indian politician and people of India want war I don't have any idea how can you rage war on other country just by justifying it by blaming other country without any proof. Come on its not a video game or over the top movie. War is a lose-lose situation and its not nationalism that makes you cheer on war, it's your privilege.
Indians generally overestimate India's military strength and underestimate Pakistan's military. They have not seen the ill effects of a full scale prolonged war so they ask for it. Dumb to do so really because war is never good.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
I feel like this is probably the end of the escalation phase. Pakistan did respond but not in a way that requires a further repsonse from India.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Dude the countries have been independant for over half a century. Were not going to blame it on some ages old colonialism etc... thats just reductionist as hell. India Pakistan issues are their own thing. Hardly anyone thinks about its original British influence etc etc. Quite frankly the concept is somewhat demeaning both are indepedant countries with their own agendas not stuck in some 1950s colonial hangover.
Not really, the British are absolutely to be blamed for dividing the country this way and fueling the animosity. It's gradual but they were the cause.

Just like how the British are the be blamed for the Israel Palestine mess. They created and fueled problems with no solution so it was bound to get to get to a point where it becomes unsolvable. The fact that people don't even think of the original cause is proof that the animosity is so deep and has become so ingrained in the culture of these two countries that the whole thing is a permanent shitshow.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is probably the end of the escalation phase. Pakistan did respond but not in a way that requires a further repsonse from India.
A logical person would think that. Unfortunately that's not how most people around in India would think so, and it matters what they think because of elections :/

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The root cause of the conflict is varied
India and Pakistan were also created due to disagreements between leaders of the nations and the British. Its not like we went no dont break us up and they insisted on it.

Yes same people overall. But the history since is our own so yeah I definitely find it ridiculous to think of it as a British remnant and not our fault. Our problem no point blaming some colonial boogeyman.

Finally I will agree some of the posts in this thread are people ridiculously entrenched in thier position with just snipes at one another.

EDIT: Partly why I've mostly avoided the threads some of the posts are borderline wacko.
But the disagreement between the leaders happened exactly because of the partition mentality the Brits brought. The sentiment that India won't accept Jinnah as PM existed because the Brits fueled those sentiments and made it worse. This doesn't go back to independence era, this goes back all the way to 1857.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India

Given that Modi was prepared to invade Pakistani airspace to appease a warmongering public, I don't think his government is going to take the capture of a pilot very well. Like I'd commented in the last thread, this is going to get worse before it gets better.

What Modi wanted was pretty much a show of force to appease the Indian public and get him re-elected. Pakistan managing to retaliate, take down an Indian jet and capture a pilot makes the situation even worse than it was 48 hours ago. If India felt compelled to respond to Pulwama, then this is an entirely new level of escalation.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR_-47dqlDI

This is a livestream of CNN18 in India covering the story. Be warned they are pretty obnoxious with the flashing and constantly changing on screen graphics

This lot is terrible - there is so much sensationalism and bullshit they spout, i'd strongly recommend anyone to NOT follow them if you have choice.

I use NDTV.com because at least their anchors seem to constantly caution against speculation and the constant 'fog of war'/misinformation that comes with these moments.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
But the disagreement between the leaders happened exactly because of the partition mentality the Brits brought. The sentiment that India won't accept Jinnah as PM existed because the Brits fueled those sentiments and made it worse. This sn't go back to independence era, this goes back all the way to 1857.

There is much truth here, the divide and conquer mentality that the Brits used to rule over a 100 years was foundational in the formation of Pakistan and East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) - and it sucks because there is a lot of common ground/history/tradition that the people of the countries share. I've been fortunate to have traveled to Karachi on work and the reception and hospitality I was shown as a visiting Indian made me feel like home.

A lot of political (domestic and international) agendas/narrative manipulation and misplaced patriotism over the years have just led to the tensions on the subcontinent today.

OP
OP
Noobie

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Conspiratorial rhetoric.
Another Speech by PM Pak, offering India to show the evidence and find the culprit of Pulwama attack and resolve issues through dialogue.

But as is evident to all sensible people that it Pulwama incident was a false flag operation by Modi Sarkar to win the election, therefore i doubt they will accept an offer of dialogue.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Imran Khan is giving a televised address to the nation
4trxsv4.jpg

Pakistan 'wanted to show capability'
Prime Minister Khan says in a televised address that Pakistan's morning strikes were not meant to cause casualties or damage. He said they were only meant to show Pakistan's "capability", Reuters news agency reports.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-47383889

'We shot two Indian planes down'
The Pakistani leader says that two Indian MiG fighter jets were shot down.
India earlier said it had only lost one plane.
"We shot two of their MiGs. The pilots are with us," Mr Khan said.
"But where do we go from here? I'm asking India. We must be responsible."

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Another Speech by PM Pak, offering India to show the evidence and find the culprit of Pulwama attack and resolve issues through dialogue.

But as is evident to all sensible people that it Pulwama incident was a false flag operation by Modi Sarkar to win the election, therefore i doubt they will accept an offer of dialogue.

Ball's in our court now. I just hope Namo plays ball.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The fuck? I didn't know we had fucking terrorism apologists on Era. Do mods really slip by posts sympathizing with mass murdering sick fucks?
I don't sympathize with what the Indian army is doing in Kashmir. for decades You reap what you sow. Its a daily fight for freedom for Kashmiri people. You can't just lump them with other terrorists. so casually. The real terrorist in Kashmir has been the Indian army and still is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding

In four months, 17,000 adults and children have been injured, nearly five thousand have been arrested, and an entire population spent the summer under the longest curfew in the history of curfews in Kashmir.

Blame Pakistan for this too I suppose?

Last edited:

Window

Oct 27, 2017

Look I can understand IKs statement on needing to respond and show 'capability' but the bolded is a massive overreach given the evidence we have.

OP
OP
Noobie

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How exactly did they wanted to show capabilities? lmao when IAF crossed LOC to target terrorist training camp, they had a target. I don't get what PAI was trying to prove with this stunt now we have 2 jets shot down including their own. So what exactly did they achieve?

No sovereign country can allow another country to become judge, jury and executioner ... PM IK

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How exactly did they wanted to show capabilities? lmao when IAF crossed LOC to target terrorist training camp, they had a target. I don't get what PAI was trying to prove with this stunt now we have 2 jets shot down including their own. So what exactly did they achieve?
No proof for both of these

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I don't sympathize with what the Indian army is doing in Kashmir. for decades You reap what you sow. Its a daily fight for freedom for Kashmiri people. You can't just lump them with other terrorists. so casually. The real terrorist in Kashmir has been the Indian army and still is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding
JeM is not a freedom fighting organisation, it's a terrorist organisation.
This particular problem is caused by JeM so you're going on a tangent by talking about freedom fighting and the rest, as for atrocities by Indian Army yes indeed they do it but those issues have existed on both sides and both sides need to fix that shit on their own.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, evidence is that He was Indian, on an Indian car, used Indian ammunition, passed through Indian check post.
Therefore it was a false flag operation by Modi to win re-election? That's a massive gulf in logic to overcome for anyone to arrive at your stated conclusion. I'll put in the pile of other worthless conspiracy theories (which funnily enough happens to include people saying Congress did this to make life tough for Modi - which is total bullshit as well).