• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
It's not really a conspiracy. The nationalism in India is at ridiculous levels right now. It's pretty worrying. You know it's bad when Indian media is more crazy than Pakistani media.
Just to show you how hateful India is right now. They are not just taking it politically or democratically but even engaging in sports and entertainment.

Olympic body punishes India for denying visas to Pakistan team
Asian snooker body scraps Indian leg of tournament over denial of visas to Pakistani participants
India may request ICC to ban Pakistan from international cricket

How do you take such reactions from India? The BJP party that is in rule right now in India loves warmongering and nothing else. Coincidentally, Modi is a war criminal and he is the prime minister right now running an election campaign to get re-elected.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
2EuJgRD.jpg

Left is video coming from Pakistan, right is the File video of the crash in 2016. WIll see if I can capture the full comparison shown.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pakistan didn't even use F16 in this operation lol. Pakistan instead of escalating the conflict targeted open areas near Indian army supply depots in 3 locations. They were warning shots. Then Indian jets violated the airspace and 2 planes were shot down in self-defense. 2 pilots arrested. Documents of these pilots shown. 1 pilot injured shifted to hospital.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Here is the complete list of airports north of Saharanpur that have been shut:

Leh, Jammu, Srinagar, Shimla, Dharamshala, Kullu, Ludhiana, Adampur,Bhatinda,Pathankot, Chandigarh, Amritsar,Dehradun, Pantnagar.

Lot of air traffic to be affected.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Let's not use Twitter as a source. Too much false reporting on both sides by 'esteemed' journalists.

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017
You may have to realize how enraged the public was over the simple fact that Indian dared to enter not inside PoK but also in Pakistan itself. KPK (one of the four provinces) is inside Pakistan and when you hear the news that IAF was able to go there and drop their payload/bombs, that is going to make people angry no matter what.

There was a huge pressure here on Army to reply back, which is what happened today.

The reason for striking back was simple. No country should think they can just come inside Pakistan to do their task based on allegations. The proof was asked by both the military and Pakistani prime minister and officials yet India wanted to create some drama and feed on the patriotism of common folks and ego of Modi who wants to desperately get elected.
But if you go by the Pakistani update that we bugged outta there the moment they showed up, along with the fact that the Indian side refuses to give proof so far, you would get the implication that we did jack shit, right? All the Pakistani response today did is reaffirm that we did hit more than just trees and dirt.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pakistan Army spokesperson reiterated calls for peace. He also asked the media to show restraint and responsibility

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But if you go by the Pakistani update that we bugged outta there the moment they showed up, along with the fact that the Indian side refuses to give proof so far, you would get the implication that we did jack shit, right? All the Pakistani response today did is reaffirm that we did hit more than just trees and dirt.
Violation of airspace isn't normal. Indian army posts could have been targeted but that would have led to escalation hence open spaces near them were chosen to act as warning shots.

OP
OP
Noobie

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Video of captured Indian pilot

Although twitter is not always correct, but Media is also not always correct. So take the news you like and leave the news you don't.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. There is just no confirmed source and India can't even provide a satellite image of the targets, which should be easy, right?

On the Pakistani side, there is video from the location on the ground that shows craters, some damaged homes and an injured local. At least that is what I have seen so far. I can't personally go there to check and verify myself but the media personnel was allegedly invited and visited that location so there's that.

maxay

Jan 15, 2019
I see that malik and you are back to your conspiracy claims, I guess Pakistan's support of terrorism is fine with both of you.
Are you serious you are accusing someone of conspiracy while saying Pakistan is in support of terrorism without any proof. I am really anti war and really really hope the things will not escalate more but India approach Pakistan first and Pakistan just retaliate. And Pakistan is proving by various videos that they indeed destroy 2 aircrafts of India but the funny thing is India is claiming they killed 300 people but they cannot provide or have any proof. Please just don't say something without any proof if you're saying Pakistan is responsible for Pulwana attack please back it with some concrete proof and then we can furthure dialogue or discussion.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Stop labeling freedom fighters as terrorists please. Thank you

Freedom Fighters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Mumbai_attacks

Are you serious you are accusing someone of conspiracy while saying Pakistan is in support of terrorism without any proof. I am really anti war and really really hope the things will not escalate more but India approach Pakistan first and Pakistan just retaliate. And Pakistan is proving by various videos that they indeed destroy 2 aircrafts of India but the funny thing is India is claiming they killed 300 people but they cannot provide or have any proof. Please just don't say something without any proof if you're saying Pakistan is responsible for Pulwana attack please back it with some concrete proof and then we can furthure dialogue or discussion.

Kargil War is all proof one should need.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I'm not sure where or how Bharat Rakshak gets its information from, but its IAF officer database does list a pilot named Abhinandan Varthaman with the same service ID that the captured pilot says. The link is from Archive.org because I can't access their site directly, but the archived copy is from 2017.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, we all believe Pakistan army wants peace just like during Kargil.
Horrible attitude, if someone is calling for peace whilst only engaging when they have a right to shouldn't be brushed off as pandering. India have been the aggressor from what I've read on BBC, its the second time they've flown into the PAK airspace. They need to calm down

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Indian army general himself admitted the bomb that was must have been procured locally and a Kashmiri resident used it who apparently was shot in the leg by Indian army a few years back. Act aggressively against animals and they will bite back. Here they are gunning down teenagers and innocent civilians in Kashmir and expect no retaliation?

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Horrible attitude, if someone is calling for peace whilst only engaging when they have a right to shouldn't be brushed off as pandering. India have been the aggressor from what I've read on BBC, its the second time they've flown into the PAK airspace. They need to calm down

40 Indian soldiers were killed by a terrorist organization backed by Pakistan.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't wanna thread police but could we keep the discussion about this incident at the forefront as opposed to debating who's a terrorist or not?

cartoon_soldier malik180 take it to the DMs fam.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Erm? Pretty much every western country (+ Russia) says Pakistan sponsors terrorism (At least it's military). What more proof do you need?
And yet more Pakistan soldiers have sacrificed their lives fighting against terrorists. Double more than USA. Yet Pak army sponsors terrorists to get killed by them hmmm strange isnt it

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Both of the sides in this thread are like the Indian and Pakistani media.
Terrorist attacks are wrong. Violating a country's territorial sovereignty is wrong too. There's some big ego problems in here.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Nothing good has come from the politics of that region and those countries. Utter disgraces to so many people.

Reading comments from Indians (in India) on Facebook and Twitter are horrific. For every reasonable person, there's dozens who comment about beating female politicians to death, followed by a score of likes and supporting comments. It's horrible. A large Pakistani response was comparing the airstrikes, joking about the contrast between dead bodies and trees following airstrikes.

I'm horrified at the culture these countries promote, mostly with their young adult men, and how social media has emblazoned so many of them. We're not focusing enough on nationalism affecting India and Pakistan, especially with the shitbag that Modi is.
Facebook: a place to foment and radicalise

Neurom

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Erm? Pretty much every western country (+ Russia) says Pakistan sponsors terrorism (At least it's military). What more proof do you need?

Dude UBL was hiding in their heartland, was hunted and killed there...I doubt people need proof, its about acting on it which most of the world shy's away from...

Nov 1, 2017
And yet more Pakistan soldiers have sacrificed their lives fighting against terrorists. Double more than USA. Yet Pak army sponsors terrorists to get killed by them hmmm strange isnt it

Because good terrorists - one who attacks India, Iran and ISAF Forces in Afghanistan

Bad Terrorists - One who attacks Pakistan military

Meh, It's no use arguing with Pakistanis, they still refute the killing of Osama in Pakistan lol

SuperBonk

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you guys are only looking to blame someone rather than do any sort of introspection, at least blame the UK for causing this mess in the first place.

Neurom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The United States was also an 'aggressor' when it violated Pakistani airspace and captured UBL (a terrorist), India has just done the same thing...attacked a terror camp operating in Pakistani soil...When any western power does it for their national interest its not labelled as aggression, just because India stands up for ONCE, everyone loses their mind.

Can one person who has been defending the Pakistan side here show any tangible evidence that there are no terror camps in Pakistan, if that is the case how did UBL land up there next to their version of Quantico for eons.

Pakistan will and never let go of these elements because that is what controls the nation. The ISI, the military and the so called 'freedom fighters'. Their ideas of democracy/free will/ right to live are so inextricably tied to an ideology that is flawed and wasted.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you guys are only looking to blame someone rather than do any sort of introspection, at least blame the UK for causing this mess in the first place.
Dude the countries have been independant for over half a century. Were not going to blame it on some ages old colonialism etc... thats just reductionist as hell. India Pakistan issues are their own thing. Hardly anyone thinks about its original British influence etc etc. Quite frankly the concept is somewhat demeaning both are indepedant countries with their own agendas not stuck in some 1950s colonial hangover.

SuperBonk

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dude the countries have been independant for over half a century. Were not going to blame it on some ages old colonialism etc... thats just reductionist as hell. India Pakistan issues are their own thing. Hardly anyone thinks about its original British cause etc.
Dude the entire conflict stems from the partition. We are literally the same people.

And you wanna talk about being reductionist? Have you read the last few replies?

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude the entire conflict stems from the partition. We are literally the same people.

And you wanna talk about being reductionist? Have you read the last few replies?
The root cause of the conflict is varied
India and Pakistan were also created due to disagreements between leaders of the nations and the British. Its not like we went no dont break us up and they insisted on it.

Yes same people overall. But the history since is our own so yeah I definitely find it ridiculous to think of it as a British remnant and not our fault. Our problem no point blaming some colonial boogeyman.

Finally I will agree some of the posts in this thread are people ridiculously entrenched in thier position with just snipes at one another.

EDIT: Partly why I've mostly avoided the threads some of the posts are borderline wacko.

Neurom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory generalizations over a series of posts
Dude the countries have been independent for over half a century. Were not going to blame it on some ages old colonialism etc... thats just reductionist as hell. India Pakistan issues are their own thing. Hardly anyone thinks about its original British influence etc etc. Quite frankly the concept is somewhat demeaning both are independent countries with their own agendas not stuck in some 1950s colonial hangover.

I think the problem actually lies there, Pakistan's society has not really evolved since the 1950s, where in comparison the middle calsses in India have evolved quite a lot, their middle calss still harbor hatred over the elements of the partition which has propagated to supporting state sponsored terrorism. I'd really be curious to see if Imran Khan lasts one full term or the army doesn't come barging in and takes charge...