• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
It seems like Warner was into computers:

"Fridrich said that for four or five years Warner had come into the office roughly once a month to provide computer consulting services, until this month when Warner told the company in an email that he would no longer be working for them. He gave no reason, according to Fridrich."

"He seemed very personable to us – this is quite out of character I think," Fridrich told the newspaper."

www.reuters.com

Nashville blast suspect died in explosion, police say

The 63-year-old suspect in the bombing that rocked Nashville on Christmas morning was killed in the blast that destroyed his motor home and damaged more than 40 businesses, authorities said on Sunday.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
It seems like Warner was into computers:

"Fridrich said that for four or five years Warner had come into the office roughly once a month to provide computer consulting services, until this month when Warner told the company in an email that he would no longer be working for them. He gave no reason, according to Fridrich."

"He seemed very personable to us – this is quite out of character I think," Fridrich told the newspaper."

www.reuters.com

Nashville blast suspect died in explosion, police say

The 63-year-old suspect in the bombing that rocked Nashville on Christmas morning was killed in the blast that destroyed his motor home and damaged more than 40 businesses, authorities said on Sunday.
That probably explains why nobody has found his internet presence yet. He was probably savvy enough to use a VPN and burner e-mails, if he used social media at all. I'm sure the FBI will find his accounts soon enough, but even a small amount of tech knowledge is enough to make things hard for internet sleuths.

This also, in my mind, almost guarantees he was a QAnon follower. Some anti-5G types are just general technophobes, but if he actively worked with tech on a regular basis I'm guessing he got indoctrinated into anti-5G stuff from somewhere. QAnon isn't the only group pushing anti-5G conspiracies, but they're definitely the biggest.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there is another suspicious vehicle with the same warning message broadcast, bomb squad on the scene.

Lebanon, TN

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
The article says that police pulled the truck over. Thankfully in the middle of nowhere from the looks of it.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could be the truck was on its way to the target when the evacuation message accidentally played and driver couldn't turn it off so abandoned it? Such a weird location to park it if not.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to tell but is there a driver in the truck? They sent the robot in and it poked the truck a few times and then they pulled it back. Now they've driven a SUV closer and taken something out of the back.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to tell but is there a driver in the truck? They sent the robot in and it poked the truck a few times and then they pulled it back. Now they've driven a SUV closer and taken something out of the back.

I was just thinking the driver must be in custody or they think he is down, because they're being super nonchalant about walking (the authorities).

Now they are suiting up someone it looks like

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking the driver must be in custody or they think he is down, because they're being super nonchalant about walking (the authorities).

Now they are suiting up someone it looks like

Yeah, I watched the windshield for awhile and nothing is moving inside. They must have him already.

Oct 26, 2017
When it's a white guy, they report slowly and never say terrorism.
But if it was a Muslim, they would call him an instant terrorist.
Fuck American News Media, trash ass.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
EqRlNNFXUAEDohQ

Found this picture of the box truck

dkeane

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so do they have the driver in custody? Was this just a dumb copycat?
CNN says the remains at the first explosion were the 63 year old.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
I was just reading some updates on the reporters Twitter sounds like the truck has been cleared and no explosives were found apparently there was a minor in the vehicle along with the driver who are both in custody.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Updated at 5:31 p.m. ET

The violent explosion that rocked downtown Nashville on Christmas morning is believed to be a suicide bombing by Anthony Q. Warner, 63, U.S. Attorney Don Cochran said Sunday.

Authorities continue to ask those who knew or encountered the suspect to contact the FBI. The agency is still investigating, but there is no indication that anyone else was involved, Cochran said.

Officials said DNA testing of human remains on the scene matched to Warner. They said no other threats were known against the city, but wouldn't comment on possible motives for the bombing.
www.npr.org

Nashville Blast Suspect Died In Explosion, Officials Say

Authorities revealed that DNA testing shows the man believed to be the perpetrator of the Christmas Day incident died in the blast.