• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Using Microsoft Flight Sim, the RV is outside of the fence. The street view is from 2019, whereas this is a pic from 2020.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator.png

Amazing

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If true then I'm surprised this guy was radicalized enough to believe batshit 5G conspiracies but not radicalized enough that he wanted to claim a large AT&T employee body count. Usually the empathy goes out the window once conspiratorial thinking takes hold.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
if true id just like to give a special shout out to youtube and twitch for allowing these insane conspiracies on their platforms

oh and reading the replies to that tweet, twitter as well. (and facebook of course)

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
The education in this country is a special kind of fucked for this to happen

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit it was really a 5g conspiracy nutter?? It was bound to happen sooner or later unfortunately.

less

Oct 25, 2017
If it really is 5G conspiracy nonsense...sigh. We need to stomp out these lunatic conspiracies or at least make them far far harder to stumble across.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
did there end up being an major injuries or fatalities from this? not counting the domino effect of taking down cell service to the area

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
this 5G nonsense is so baffling, like your non 5G phone doesn't already spy on you
Wait, is the 5G conspiracy about the government/corporations spying on you? I thought it was some nonsense about electromagnetic fields and 5G being a system to kill us. I blame Facebook and YouTube for disseminating this insanity.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't tell me this 5G shit is intrinsically linked to QAnon and Trumpism shit...

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Wait, is the 5G conspiracy about the government/corporations spying on you? I thought it was some nonsense about electromagnetic fields and 5G being a system to kill us. I blame Facebook and YouTube for disseminating this insanity.
Well, the connective tissue running through it all is 5G causes COVID on purpose to give cover to a vaccine program that will secretly implant chips so you can be tracked and monitored by the government so they can better control the population. There are many different splinter conspiracies and other things that connect into it, like 5G repeater towers actually being energy weapons, and big pharma being in on things to drive huge profits.

The fact that people post about this on Facebook from their phones which basically allows them to not only already be tracked but also provides context and intent for everything they are doing is as hilarious as it is stupid.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
jfc my initial hunch was eliction fraud whack job, turns out it's 5g

I honestly don't even know what to think or feel anymore. The internet and social media allow for so much disinformation to be spread. People in the USA are being radicalized at an exponentially alarming rate.

It honestly makes me kind of sad for these people. Maybe if access to education and mental health service existed, and megacorps actually cared about stopping the spread of false information (lol) shit like this wouldn't happen. The footage with the loudspeaker message being broadcast was just so creepy.

I'm glad nobody got hurt. Fuck everything about this.

Can somebody explain to me like I'm five what 230 is and why it rustles the cheeto's jimmies?

Last edited:

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
If this is 5G crap my god. We truly have to fix misinformation on the internet. This Is ridiculous

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
The fact that Trump has barely said anything about it was a telling sign that it was likely to do with a batshit conspiracy theory.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There are still ATT outages here in Louisville related to this (our office phones are down). Did this guy just happen to know the exact spot to take down a whole region of a telcom, or is our infrastructure really this brittle?

You'd think ATT would have a contingency where they just clone the configuration of whatever hardware was destroyed and swap them out...? Or maybe they still don't have access to the area due to the investigation?

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
It might to time to start prosecuting the grifters that make money off these bullshit conspiracy theories. I know, its impossible because of free speech and the ways such laws could be abused regarding actual whistle blowers but God damn.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My mind...

But I guess it was obvious. People are really serious about this shit for reasons beyond me.

And honestly, I expected the COVID angle
The Trump era created a whole bunch of new Conspiracy Theorists. I have a friend who fell down the 5G hole about the same time he fell down the talk radio hole.

Kalamour

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone freak out when 4G rolled out?

4G was not of as high strategic importance as 5G, due to the fact that 5G enables the start of wide scale Internet of Things. Thus conspiracy theories are spread by the usual suspect countries, to raise distrust over the technology and slow down adoption (So that hey can catch up).

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Back in the day, the US went through stuff like Waco and Ruby Ridge. People these days are freaking out about having faster internet lol. Jokes aside this is seriously worrying if 5G theory related

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Conspiracy Theorizing
I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that this is part of the official cyberwar going on between Five Eyes and Russia\China\NKorea.

They were trading blows recently, so if this doesn't end up to be some domestic 5g lunatic, I'd consider them.

testing weaknesses in physical infrastructure, maybe? seeing how we respond during a pandemic?

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Fuck, I was worried it might be related to the 5G conspiracy theories, a lot of mobile phone towers were set on fire here in the UK during the first lockdown. It was sadly only a matter until something like this happened somewhere.

Yokijirou

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny that those who are engrained in conspiracies don't think that a radicalized 65 year old could choose this specific spot with this specific equipment. It has to be an inside job and not a product of their teachings.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL