• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all these brands advertising for Nintendo

EDIT: ok this is fuckin amazing

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Quickly becoming the number one game brand in the world. I hope we see some big updates to the game soon and on an ongoing basis.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Bigger than Pokemon?
Let's not get that far. It's enormous, but bigger than Pokémon, Mario or Minecraft?
Allow me to introduce you to Grand Theft Auto. And to sales of Grand Theft Auto.

Z7HeRxU.png

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
They also shared the codes for the gear they had on in the video within the replies to the original Tweet.

kiddtic

Sep 6, 2019
Zambia
This was actually super cool.

I didn't expect Animal Crossing to be this big of a hit id anyone see this coming?

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow

This needs to go in the video game marketing Hall of Fame. I wonder how much time it took to put all that together

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Not bad for a niche franchise!

I'm talking about the Detroit Lions of course.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a Bears fan I loved every second of that video.

Great stuff

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
That was really good and they got a nice burn on my hometeam, the dismal Washington Redskins. (Go Ravens)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Since I know how protective Nintendo is over their IP, I guess I just assumed they would need permission in order to use in official promotional material elsewhere.

I honestly don't understand this line of thinking. They're using in-game clips of a game that Nintendo allows video recording/sharing for.

You're not the first person I've seen question whether or not Nintendo would allow stuff like this but they have never once had an issue with people sharing clips of games that literally have a clip sharing feature. It's not a logical worry to have. On the contrary this is exactly the type of thing the share function was made for, free advertising.

That was really good and they got a nice burn on my hometeam, the dismal Washington Redskins. (Go Ravens)

As a DC area resident, well said on both counts!

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I bet Nintendo wishes the Seahawks asked them first
Asked them? Didn't the Lions just do this on their own? Why would they need to ask Nintendo?

As someone who works for a company that recently had a conversation about an Animal Crossing collaboration with Nintendo, their general guidance seems to be (Regardless of size), "Feel free to use the game to make whatever sort of videos you would like." I don't think this is a permission granted, collaboration situation.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Man this is amazing. Insane what amount of time they had to do. Now I'm way more curious about animal crossing.
So you can actually script what people say in the game?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty funny, but they couldn't even get a lion villager to make an appearance. 🤔

Also, these games are definitely not gonna happen anyway, at least not in any stadium with an audience. (Though it is America, so who knows... 💀 )

Man this is amazing. Insane what amount of time they had to do. Now I'm way more curious about animal crossing.
So you can actually script what people say in the game?
No, the text was just superimposed overtop the regular AC text.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Back in the Gamecube days, I'd never have imagined Animal Crossing would break this big. It's wonderful to see, really.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who works for a company that recently had a conversation about an Animal Crossing collaboration with Nintendo, their general guidance seems to be (Regardless of size), "Feel free to use the game to make whatever sort of videos you would like." I don't think this is a permission granted, collaboration situation.
yeah its free marketing for Nintendo, as long as its family friendly I dont think they'd care much