• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
And there is...this meme:

De2QtZmX4AAWH6a.jpg:large

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
My wife and I are playing this together. Game is absolutely beautiful to look at, but fuck if the controls aren't dogshit. My wife laughs at my handling of moving the characters and camera.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I are playing this together. Game is absolutely beautiful to look at, but fuck if the controls aren't dogshit. My wife laughs at my handling of moving the characters and camera.
It's like a bizarro half way tank-like control scheme that isn't quite tank controls but didn't want to not be tank controls.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Concept artworks are always fascinating.

I've downloaded some pictures from the game:

Kara :
Detroit_Become_Human_20180605210401.jpg

Kara & Alice:

Detroit_Become_Human_20180527233811.jpg

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
"YOU CAN'T KILL ME, I'M NOT ALIVE"

I love that Connor is the dorkiest, and at the same time coolest Android. He's my favorite character and I want to replay the entire game with him going full "YOU CAN'T KILL ME, I'M NOT ALIVE" because first time through I made him super empathetic.

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
Finished this game tonight. Overall it was a fun game to play thru. Way better than heavy rain for me. Connor and Hank were definitely my favorite character scenes to play.

Unsure if I'll play again or just read through some of the other outcomes and paths. A quick glance on spoiler thread and I was impressed by how different things can be.

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Just finished... game was great but kara died near the end for no reason... got caught when i shouldn't have. Left a really bad taste for the game and kind of hate it lol.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
So for someone who always partially enjoyed the other david cage games until they got batshit stupid (in my opinions of course, and the timeline for that varies from game to game), how does this one hold up by the end?
I'm assuming the game doesn't have you kungfu fight a helicopter or anything, but heavy rain left a pretty bitter aftertaste with the way the overall narrative clashed with the killer reveal, and there were a good few moments in beyond two souls that left me feeling pretty gross.

Is this finally the one that gets it right, or if I ended up strongly disliking the others by the end will I feel the same way here?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Kinda disappointed that they don't give you the option to let Kara kept her hair, I think her long hair is very pretty.

Finished the game last night, hahah it seems like not many people choose the violent path with Markus! The world stat for the final battle of the violent path shows only 23%-ish people actually managed to see the end result of winning/seeing the end-section of the violent path.

Also I stuck to the "continue on, not replaying for the first time" rule only for Connor and Markus. As for Kara, as soon as there's indication she might die, fuck that time to reload the save to save her, lol.

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
Kinda disappointed that they don't give you the option to let Kara kept her hair, I think her long hair is very pretty.

Finished the game last night, hahah it seems like not many people choose the violent path with Markus! The world stat for the final battle of the violent path shows only 23%-ish people actually managed to see the end result of winning/seeing the end-section of the violent path.

Also I stuck to the "continue on, not replaying for the first time" rule only for Connor and Markus. As for Kara, as soon as there's indication she might die, fuck that time to reload the save to save her, lol.

I did Markus's violent path during my "trophy clean up" playthrough and maaaaan how different his arc felt. I loved how different some of the different paths were. I'm pretty sure my first playthrough was the more "canon-ish" ending with the 3.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I especially despise the fact that the game punishes you for deciding to be violent and that the only real way to get a 'good' ending is to be entirely pacifist. I don't like the references to racism against black people in the US vs a bunch of androids gained sentience because it's creator wanted to fuck around in their code and those being put on the same playling level. .

Is it? o_O

I went for full violent for Markus, and in the end
Markus survives and gets to kiss North, Kara manages to cross to Canada with Luther and Alice, and Connor manages to stand beside Markus as one of the leaders of Android movement while being completely free from CyberLife's attempt of controlling him, oh and he gets to hug Hank too in the end.

The only casualties are Josh, Simon, and Jerry, who gives a fuck about them lol (the game doesn't seem to care either, hahaha)

I am actually kinda surprised that the game allows such a seemingly positive and feel-good ending even when I went full violent with Markus and killing people left and right.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
So for someone who always partially enjoyed the other david cage games until they got batshit stupid (in my opinions of course, and the timeline for that varies from game to game), how does this one hold up by the end?
I'm assuming the game doesn't have you kungfu fight a helicopter or anything, but heavy rain left a pretty bitter aftertaste with the way the overall narrative clashed with the killer reveal, and there were a good few moments in beyond two souls that left me feeling pretty gross.

Is this finally the one that gets it right, or if I ended up strongly disliking the others by the end will I feel the same way here?

It's fine. Maybe the timeline is a stretch for the Markus' storyline to be concluded so believably from the beginning to the end, but other than that there's no narrative clashing or anything silly like the bums on the street turning out to be alien gods or something ridiculous like that, hahaha.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Detroit Let's Play with David Cage (in French)

Does anyone who speaks know he said in the interview?
Any new info about the game?I have to speak or study French since high school so I don't remember much but I think at one point
he tried to address the mixed reactions from the reviewers?I couldn't understand his response though

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is it? o_O

I went for full violent for Markus, and in the end
Markus survives and gets to kiss North, Kara manages to cross to Canada with Luther and Alice, and Connor manages to stand beside Markus as one of the leaders of Android movement while being completely free from CyberLife's attempt of controlling him, oh and he gets to hug Hank too in the end.

The only casualties are Josh, Simon, and Jerry, who gives a fuck about them lol (the game doesn't seem to care either, hahaha)

I am actually kinda surprised that the game allows such a seemingly positive and feel-good ending even when I went full violent with Markus and killing people left and right.

Wait, you were able to
cross the border with Kara? That was the downside to the violence route I thought. Did you have to sacrifice Jerry or something to get through?

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

It gets it right. It's also awesome all the way

Wait, you were able to
cross the border with Kara? That was the downside to the violence route I thought. Did you have to sacrifice Jerry or something to get through?
Yeah you have to. But that's a minor sacrifice for freedom :P I also did it in my pacifist route because I didn't know

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This game really brings out the polar opposites. On one hand you have Heather Alexandra and her Kotaku article and on the other hardcore feminist Valorie Curry being incredibly moved by the reactions to Kara including those of many young girls sending her fanart. She also shares the sentiment that Kara can become a total badass by the end and who would be better qualified to judge this than the person who did every move of hers.

Fascinating to say the least.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Wait, you were able to

Yep, just sacrifice him and it's all good.

He's not that important of a character anyways, hahah.

Though yes, it is true that you can't have the trophy where everyone survives if you choose to be violent with Markus, so in that sense you are correct that choosing to be peaceful will give you greater rewards than being violent, if you care about trophies.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I'm slowly catching up to this game, currently on my first playthrough, but my damn... is this game beautiful. I know most of these environments aren't very interactive and resemble wallpapers more than an actual living, breathing world, but this might be the prettiest game I've ever played. I want an entire horror game based in the
snowy theme park.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Lara Croft? lol
I'm slowly catching up to this game, currently on my first playthrough, but my damn... is this game beautiful. I know most of these environments aren't very interactive and resemble wallpapers more than an actual living, breathing world, but this might be the prettiest game I've ever played. I want an entire horror game based in the
snowy theme park.

the sound design is also great.