• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Kara Spoilers

It's not really supposed to be a twist. The game drops hints all over the place, far before Luther starts to try and talk to Kara about it. That "twist" is a litmus test to see whether you actually think android lives are as valuable as humans. If you're disappointed that Alice is an android, then you think androids are inherently lesser than humans.
Good post

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My ending was
marcus gets people's opinion to change. Connor turns deviant and enlists the army and remains friends with hank. Kara survived but Alice got shot and died in the boat.

Such a great game.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
BTW I got a question regarding a path I've not done with Connor, I wonder if i'm right or not, don't spoil it entirely just yes or no

If you make him a deviant his final chapter is totally gonna be fighting an evil Connor double isn't it ? I might have to replay all of that again :p

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
BTW I got a question regarding a path I've not done with Connor, I wonder if i'm right or not, don't spoil it entirely just yes or no

If you make him a deviant his final chapter is totally gonna be fighting an evil Connor double isn't it ? I might have to replay all of that again :p
Yes

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I replayed the final chapters once, so I beat the game twice.

But it's because my first time went horribly wrong. I wanted to see a less dramatic take on my choices before going for another path entirely :) . Got a completely different ending though.

Tired now so won't be redoing all those right away.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
I hope that Sony continues to support QD.

Even if they can't provide GOW and Uncharted numbers, they add a lot of diversity and uniqueness to their library, no one is doing what David Cage is doing in this industry, and his games are profitable while giving Sony a big advantage in this unfulfilled genre.

I believe that the overall effect that those games have on their fan base and their company's perception is much bigger than the numbers they provide. A main Playstation console without a big David Cage game just feels wrong. Please keep supporting them.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only people who died are
luther and Alice

I assume there is a path where they both survive?

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the
"Alice is an Android" twist designed for people who don't care about the Android cause but'll do anything for the real little human girl Alice?

They would've to question their own believes at this
point. "You cared about her until a second ago and suddenly she's just a machine?"

Oct 25, 2017
The void
End game:
The post credit ending with Amanda and the rk900 was something, lol. Got this scene when I was trying to be wildly different in my second play through. I was wondering what the 3rd Connor model in the gallery was.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Isn't the
"Alice is an Android" twist designed for people who don't care about the Android cause but'll do anything for the real little human girl Alice?

They would've to question their own believes at this
point. "You cared about her until a second ago and suddenly she's just a machine?"

Added spoiler tags to your post. Please remember to use them in the future.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
The more I play of this, the more I wish the whole game centered around Conner and Hank. So far their sections have been the most interesting/fun to go through. I guess I wish we had gotten a android detective game instead. It would seem to similar to Blade Runner though.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I hope the game sells well. QD are the rolls Royce of those types of games. IMO no games (TWD season 1 could be argue though) in this genre come close to them.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Guillaume de Fondaumière seems happy with the sales

SlowAdolescentBrownbear-max-1mb.gif

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Last time I believe "release date delivery!!!!"from a seller on eBay.

I should finally have my copy today.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
End game:
The post credit ending with Amanda and the rk900 was something, lol. Got this scene when I was trying to be wildly different in my second play through. I was wondering what the 3rd Connor model in the gallery was.

That's not the post credits scene I got ...

What was your ending for that ?

For me

it was a quick and heart warming scene of Hank and Conner meeting in front of a food truck (where they had a scene earlier in the game) and hugging it out. Conner was a deviant, survived and was full friends with Hank at the end.

The only people who died are
luther and Alice

I assume there is a path where they both survive?

Yes. Absolutely.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
I applaud his stance of no sequels (and no storytelling through cutscenes), but I'll really really miss Connor and Hank.

I personally liked Marcus' plot, it went to places and was big in comparison to other two.

Have a question about Connor's ending:

Is Connor's Last Mission opened by not going to Jericho?
Without spoiling it too much
He has to go Jericho or be deactivated. That chapter opens by his choice there

Oct 28, 2017
I personally liked Marcus' plot, it went to places and was big in comparison to other two. My redo worked pretty nicely, got two good endings, now to fix the last one.

Have a question about Connor's ending:

Is Connor's Last Mission opened by not going to Jericho?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
The void
That's not the post credits scene I got ...

What was your ending for that ?

For me

it was a quick and heart warming scene of Hank and Conner meeting in front of a food truck (where they had a scene earlier in the game) and hugging it out. Conner was a deviant, survived and was full friends with Hank at the end.

I got your ending in my first play through. I did like the complete opposite in my second.

Played Connor as an asshole machine. Hank hated him, he prioritized the mission, etc. Connor stayed machine. There was no option for him to go deviant because his software instability was non-existent. Hank commited suicide at the end. I let Markus die during the battle to liberate the android camp. Connor chased North, but I let her live. Machine Connor totally would have killed her, but oh well. Anyways, there was a post credit scene with Amanda where she was like congratulations on completing the mission. Who's this guy? Oh, he's your next model, btw, you are obsolete and we are deactivating you. It was great. His diehard resolve to stick to the mission was all for nothing.

Deleted member 43446

User requested account closure
Banned
May 15, 2018
We'll motivate him to get some DLC.

He's horrible. It does pick up near the very end. The other two will make up for it but yeah.
If you choose to be rebellious with him you get some very intense moments, like the last chapter was pretty damn awesome gameplay wise and one of my favorites even if it's not the path I preferred to take with him.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
STILL waiting for my rental copy in the mail. Got dispatched Thursday, didn't come Fri, didn't come Sat, Monday was bank holiday so no mail, and it's raining really heavily today so it looks like the postmen have just not even bothered. FUCK sake.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
RE: Marcus's plot.

His trajectory was pretty obvious from the moment you get shot by the police. I would have really loved it if the plot had diverged into Conner becoming a reluctant savior of the Androids. Starting as a deviant hunter and becoming the default leader for them.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still loving this game, going through each chapter doing different chpices is great. One of my favorite games in a long while.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I still haven't gotten my copy yet. It was supposed to arrive Friday, and Amazon customer service has been worthless. I was looking forward to playing it over the three day weekend, but no luck.

I could have just went to the store and picked it up, but I wanted to use my amazon prime discount. I paid $52 for instead of $64, but fuck, I wanted to play my game! Between this an the Bloodstained console code fuckup, this weekend has been a big as headache.

It's supposed to be delivered today, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze in an hour if I don't get home late from work. :/

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I still haven't gotten my copy yet. It was supposed to arrive Friday, and Amazon customer service has been worthless. I was looking forward to playing it over the three day weekend, but no luck.

I could have just went to the store and picked it up, but I wanted to use my amazon prime discount. I paid $52 for instead of $64, but fuck, I wanted to play my game! Between this an the Bloodstained console code fuckup, this weekend has been a big as headache.

It's supposed to be delivered today, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze in an hour if I don't get home late from work. :/

soon you will be able play it for the first time.
i envy you :p

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the game

I liked it! Like all QD games, the writing and story have been the weakest aspect for me, which you don't want to see in your story game, but I believe that the acting (Easily the best in a QD game), graphics, atmosphere, world-building (For the most part), sound design and music allow it to still be a great experience. I had all 3 characters (and side characters) live, and was pretty happy with my choices. Connor was my favorite, Kara was a great second, but Markus just didn't do it for me for the most part. The junkyard scene was superb, but it just kept going downhill from there, and his ending was just...Ugh (I got the love ending). I don't see how it could have been more cliche. Maybe if North announced that she was pregnant? The game was obviously heavy handed in a lot other scenarios but you know what you're getting into with a QD game. Either you love the ham-fistedness or you don't.

I haven't seen Connor's actor in anything else, but damn he played him so well. Maybe he's a really stiff actor like Arnold was which made it easy for him to portray an android but whatever, it worked. :P Kara was great as well.

Also, Clancy Brown continues to be the MAN.

Overall, I think it's the best Quantic Dream game, I'd give it a 7.5/10. I'm interested in seeing a game where David just gives the concepts and choices, while letting other people write the entire script. That said, since Beyond, I wasn't really looking forward to the next QD game but they made me a believer.

I also have to give them major props for the amount of inclusivity in the game, it's such a breath of fresh air after Heavy Rain, and it was all handled very well.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
soon you will be able play it for the first time.
i envy you :p

I don't. I really would have liked to have been able to play it over my long weekend, though. It's fucking obnoxious. I don't have much time to game during my work week (ironically, because I work in the gaming industry XD), so this three day weekend was a great chance for me to dive into the game. I can't get that time back, so I'll just have to try and squeeze in some time during the week until this weekend, assuming I don't have a ton of errands to do over the weekend.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game. Replayed the laat chapter because the first time wasn't satisfactory enough.
Everything went well until Kara and co took the boat to cross the river, dived into the river and Luther died