• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ahaha JimSterling posted his impression... and obviously he didn't go far enough to notice you start as a slave doing slave work... xD

Embedded nonetheless for the fine reference to RLM.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game. Damn brehs. That was good.

My ending clearly can't have been the ideal one.

I decided to take a detour with Kara. Ended up on a boat. Chose to accelerate. Luther died! No Luther! No! Alice was shot. Then Kara jumped in the water and pushed the boat. They reached the shore, and Alice bled out. I chose for Kara to keep on living.

I chose to keep Markus righteous until the end. When the options came for what he'd do, I chose sacrifice. He overheated and lit on fire, as everyone was gunned down.

Connor managed to save the androids, but it's revealed he was being manipulated the whole time. He committed suicide as a result.

Meanwhile Madam President gives some lip service about the androids in her speech at the end.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
in the illustration pack 3,illustration 9/10/11,i am guessing it's some Amanda concept artwork.
It's interesting
she's a black woman in the game

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I'm maybe a few hours in and this is great. The graphics are almost kind of scary. Like they make some scenes feel more intense due to how life-like some things are.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So I think I'm maybe a few hours in and this is great. The graphics are almost kind of scary. Like they make some scenes feel more intense due to how life-like some things are.

Yeah, and this will apply more to simple talking scene the more you play the game.

In the next generation we'll likely see more games with this fidelity applied to bigger open-world type experiences too.

Deleted member 43514

Banned
May 16, 2018
So I got past the frozen cabin scene and the "Underground Railroad" and I'm having this sinking feeling about Alice
is she really an Android? Luther already said three times he needed to tell me something about Alice and Kara didn't want to hear it each time, he gets more urgent and insistent....

She hasn't eaten anything at all, even when i stole food or it was offered to her. I thought she was sick but I also remember Connor said androids never need food. She DID have a fever according to Rose but that cabin scene she suddenly said why humans hate us so much? We aren't bad. And then after Rose left she said Kara wouldn't love her anymore when Kara was wondering about a secret she was keeping

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I haven't gotten this invested in a game in years. I want to see how this all plays out and all the little details add up...

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There's literally one instance of QTE freezing and Jim had to rant about that of course.

Just like he rants about doing chores while takes up 2% of the game ??? Jesus.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
oh,you've seen nothing yet.
Yeah, and this will apply more to simple talking scene the more you play the game.

In the next generation we'll likely see more games with this fidelity applied to bigger open-world type experiences too.

I just got to the:

Kara killing Todd

But then I got to the flow chart and it shows SO. MANY. OPTIONS. Holy crap.

I'm not even done but I want to see what happens on the other paths.

jackdoe

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, that was a great conclusion.

In my play through, Conner straight up became the Terminator by the end of the game along with his "I'll be back" moments. He even had his moment of irony after he killed the riot officers

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think for my next run-through I want to do something a little more extreme than just going for the pacifist 'good' ending.

I think I want to have Markus get extremely militant and violent really fast, and try with Connor to go to any extreme to put an end to a possible war. Kara will just try to survive in the hostile environment.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
So I got past the frozen cabin scene and the "Underground Railroad" and I'm having this sinking feeling about Alice
is she really an Android? Luther already said three times he needed to tell me something about Alice and Kara didn't want to hear it each time, he gets more urgent and insistent....

She hasn't eaten anything at all, even when i stole food or it was offered to her. I thought she was sick but I also remember Connor said androids never need food. She DID have a fever according to Rose but that cabin scene she suddenly said why humans hate us so much? We aren't bad. And then after Rose left she said Kara wouldn't love her anymore when Kara was wondering about a secret she was keeping

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I haven't gotten this invested in a game in years

Yep she is an android. Big reveal around at %80 of the game. Laughed my ass of because the game thinks IT'S A FUCKING MEGABOMB. But bruh, come the fuck on, I knew she was an android the first time Luther got interrupted saying "UH GOTTA TELL YOU SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT ABOUT ALICE, MAN".

Also, that weird line in the cabin scene. She literally says "Why humans hate us so much?" At first I thought she was trying to say, "Oh why they wanna gank us, you know as a group" but 'humans' part was extremely weird. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a mistake in the script, considering the quality of the whole package or lack thereof.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Just completed this. I believe I had a largely successful story run until the very last chapter but then I stumbled severely.
Hank was killed. :´(
Kara sacrificed herself to save Alice. :´(
Markus lost his Revolution fight on the field so we ended up igniting the dirty bomb.
Will replay the last chapter tomorrow.

Both my Markus and Kara endings were 3% or less when comparing against the global outcomes.

But oh my. I really, really liked this game.

My favorite chapters were probably:
  • From The Dead
  • Zlatko
  • Freedom March
On average I would say Connor had the highest quality segments. The buddy-relationship between him and Hank were excellent.

If I was to summarize it quickly:

Pros:
+ Three high-quality characters that are well acted with three very different story focuses. Lots of scenario variety throughout. No loading and it has a really good 'just another chapter' hook.
+ The multiple routes & alternatives is kinda mind-blowing. There seems to be practically one-play-through-x4 worth of content here. And there's many real consequences.
+ Flowchart with global player comparison is a Great new addition and really helps brings to the front what makes the games of Quantic Dream unique.
+ Graphics are amazing. This is the most visually consistent game in the industry right now. You almost feel guilty playing this game at normal pace as you speed by amazing architecture & attention to detail. It never falters and it never lets up.
Humans look practically real with maybe the last frontier to become further improvements to mouth/lip-sync & further deformation/stretching with skin-contact.
+ Music similarly is great stuff. Everyone with their own tone and themes.
+ The frustrating elements from Heavy Rain & Beyond are all mostly gone: Sixaxis stuff that didn't work reliably, weird plot moments, uneven pacing. More freedom and everything feels much better play-tested/iterated upon.
Cons:
- The countdown towards some of the options in this game can be brutal as you barely have time to read them.
- A handful of options are 'misleading' or camera-targets not visible enough. Very, very few when considering the whole game but in the moment you do end up feeling frustration as the consequences can be quite critical.

Last edited:

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think what's blowing my mind right now is that I've checked the flow charts, and there's clearly a lot that I didn't get the chance to play. But I actually think the story I saw works really well, and has an interesting and realistic message behind it.

For Markus:
Being righteous doesn't earn you freedom. Freedom is not given. It is taken. Too often I see a peaceful approach result in sunshine and roses in stories and it's kind of insulting because of the very real tragedy that exists in our history. People suffer, they die, and there is no justice for them. The small glimmer of hope is usually small things changing as a result of their actions. But they usually have to go to these extremes for that small bit of change.

In that respect, I feel Markus's story makes sense and was quite realistic. He was constantly pushed, and I kept him a pacifist. And as a result, he died, as did all of his comrades. The end result of that brutality is that the President finally acknowledges that they may have to change their methods. But the reality here is many people were brutalized, and killed, and their oppressors will never face the music.

For Kara:
This one was kind of grim. The core of her story is the mother and daughter bond between her and Alice. I chose for Kara to keep living at the end. The reason why was because of certain words she says in the game. "She needs me. And I need her." Something like that. When Alice dies, you have the choice for her to give up, but I thought it'd be more fitting and demonstrate more strength for her to choose to keep on living.

Parents lose their kids in real life. It's hard, and it's a struggle. But they have to somehow endure. It's never again comfortable, and there's no guarantee it will get better. It just is. In that same vein, I felt this was a fitting choice. These are two individuals who were trying to escape for a better life, and were caught in the midst of a huge change happening in society. The result of that change caused this small tragedy.

It's sad that both Luther and Alice died, especially after the journey they all went on. But I think the story I got to see of Kara and Alice worked as this small tragedy that happened in the midst of this grand scale revolution of Markus.

For Connor:
This is the one story I feel I got short-changed on. The last third of Connor's story feels like it was missing a lot. Judging by the huge spaces of blank flow charts that I have, as well as an entirely blank end sequence called "Connor's Last Mission", I can only assume I chose poorly previously and that short-changed me in the final act. Even when the characters converged on the Jericho, there's a massive gap in Connor's flow chart.

A shame really. The whole manipulation aspect may have worked better if I got those blank pieces. But it honestly feels like Connor kind of got shafted in my story after I chose to save Hank at Stratford Tower.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was the score on the flow three anyway

I think what's blowing my mind right now is that I've checked the flow charts, and there's clearly a lot that I didn't get the chance to play. But I actually think the story I saw works really well,

Markus survives if you bring the android from the factory, you ban be good till the end of the game but you get heavy loses

jackdoe

Oct 27, 2017
I think for my next run-through I want to do something a little more extreme than just going for the pacifist 'good' ending.

I think I want to have Markus get extremely militant and violent really fast, and try with Connor to go to any extreme to put an end to a possible war. Kara will just try to survive in the hostile environment.
That is pretty much what I did and it made for an extremely, extremely compelling story.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
I just finished it. Mixed bag for me. Game had some amazing moments, some not that great and it did not avoid certain "Cagey plot moments".

I consider:
Markus and Connor very well put together and they offered the best the game had to show. Quite satisfying arcs.

Kara on the other hand is by far the weakest one and the one that has good old David Cage plastered all over it... the Alice twist is simply a ploy from Cage to make the player question whether his feelings towards Alice are any different knowing her true nature. The problem is that the reveal is not convincing AT ALL and the little girl never ever managed to win me over. The whole arc felt very "forced" imo and you could smell David's intentions from a billion miles away. To be honest it was very dissappointing.

Overall I enjoyed the game. It is definitely the best game Cage has done yet. (Heavy Rain was okayish and Beyond was just bad imo).

But this man just needs to learn how to make a good twist and not just throw one out there like he is pulling it out of his ***. He needs to learn how to build up properly to a twist, convincingly. Imo he is not good at that. Alice being an android and Kara just somehow ignoring it because she feels the need to be a mother is just pure BS. Also not showing a single android kid the entire game prior to the twist is just BS (and an android kid doesnt even make sense to begin with). If you cant pull off your twist properly, just dont do it. It feels fake and forced.

Anyway good effort. Definitely recommended for a playthrough but i would say wait for a sale. If you are a fan of this type of games though definitely recommended to buy now.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Going by the flowcharts this is going to be one of the most replyable games of the last few years.

Many chapters've only finished 40%

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was the score on the flow three anyway

Markus survives if you bring the android from the factory, you ban be good till the end of the game but you get heavy loses
I did bring the android from the factory, but he dies by saving Markus at the demonstration. Markus still died afterwards when the attackers have him and the remaining survivors pinned down.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
If you guys want to discuss spoilers without having to tag every single thing, you're more than welcome to make a spoiler thread.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
- The countdown towards some of the options in this game can be brutal as you barely have time to read them. And overall too many timing-based questions.
- A handful of options are 'misleading' or camera-targets not visible enough. Very, very few when considering the whole game but in the moment you do end up feeling frustration as the consequences can be quite critical.

I like that you have to make (almost) split-second decisions with actual consequences. It also makes action scenes feel really fast (and furious) when you don't get five seconds to input your next move.

But on options being misleading I agree. It has only happened a couple of times but it's jarring when the followup is completely opposite to what the option sounded like.

Oct 26, 2017
But this man just needs to learn how to make a good twist and not just throw one out there like he is pulling it out of his ***. He needs to learn how to build up properly to a twist, convincingly. Imo his is not good at that. Alice being and android and Kara just somehow ignoring it because she feels the need to be a mother is just pure BS. Also not showing a single android kid the entire game is just BS. If you cant pull off your twist properly, just dont do it. It feels fake and forced.
Erm lol
You can see the child is an android at the start of the game if you were looking. Theres a leaflet adverting her which you can interact with, and the child in the picture ( Jewellery box) is clearly a different girl. Additionally, she and Luther make multiple comments informing you of it.
Its not meant to be a twist?

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there's a way to get an optimal play-through. One where you get most of the best action sequences as well as the ideal endings. I'm sure peeps will figure it out. I don't think I'll play through this again, since I don't like replaying games. Another 10-12 hours is a big commitment. It'd be cool if QD patched in a way to experience the alternate scenarios without having to play through huge portions again. Granted, there is always YouTube, but it's not quite the same.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
well if you are curious,my ending with Kara

Kara and Alice were both shot while trying to escape Jericho

Alice in Kara's arms :
"..are we free now ?"
Kara :
"yes...we are free now"

Alice died in Kara Arms.
then Kara shuts down.

:(

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I managed to save him if Markus kiss North in front of the people.
Boo!

No wonder. That romance was forced on me. I chose to "connect" with North because she was giving me her sob story and I wanted Markus to be a savior to everyone. And somehow they ended up in a romantic relationship as a result. I had the kiss North option but ignored it because I thought it didn't fit and would be way too cheesy.

I can't believe that's what allows Markus to survive. This is bullshit! I was robbed!

Deleted member 43514

Banned
May 16, 2018
Yep she is an android. Big reveal around at %80 of the game. Laughed my ass of because the game thinks IT'S A FUCKING MEGABOMB. But bruh, come the fuck on, I knew she was an android the first time Luther got interrupted saying "UH GOTTA TELL YOU SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT ABOUT ALICE, MAN".

Also, that weird line in the cabin scene. She literally says "Why humans hate us so much?" At first I thought she was trying to say, "Oh why they wanna gank us, you know as a group" but 'humans' part was extremely weird. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a mistake in the script, considering the quality of the whole package or lack thereof.

Figures, I knew I was right. And that's exactly what I thought she meant, I was surprised she would say that like that. But it was so odd.
Especially when i saw the trophy list today and saw
the one that says Alice, Luther, Kara live as a family. They would have no chance in the USA, two androids raising a human girl. Even Canada would be pushing it. But if they are all together as a family of androids then it makes perfect sense.
I won't spoil myself further. Thanks for the laugh

Last edited:

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
I loved my character arcs. It was a strangely subversive feather in a cap that was turned sideways for me at the beginning of the story.

In the end everyone in my playthrough died except for

Markus, who led a revolution against the human forces.

However as a result he lost all his friends, and North, his romantic interest.

But funnily enough, he emerged from a slightly cringey edge man (as I saw it, admittedly) to being a badass champion of his people -- because my Connor, at the last minute, after being gradually turned to deviancy, stuck to his machine roots and became the end game villain.

In other words, Markus, who was originally going down a path of big headed extremity, became a genuinely likable, self-reflective hero, while Connor, who seemed to be growing more and more compassionate and eventually befrinded Hank and faltered more and more in each mission, chose the path of his fundamental programming: the mission, above all else, in the end.

While Kara and Alice ended up dead after Kara couldn't find it in her to steal from a pair of human lovers.

I found it so morbidly poetic that I'm planning on keeping that as my only playthrough for a while. I just loved how it turned out in my original experince as a 'first timer', where I didn't know what to expect from these characters and was surprised by how I felt of them by the end. Went from meh to 'don't stop NOW' and I'll commend it for that. :p

Last edited:

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
I do encourage anyone who wants to see the different paths to replay it as that is what gives the game such value and surprising versatility. I'm one of those however that am content with the one I took, trophies or not, so I'll just watch the rest to see other people's reactions lol. And be surprised by the things I didn't play through myself. ;o

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved my character arcs. It was a strangely subversive feather in a cap that was turned sideways for me at the beginning of the story.

However as a result he lost all his friends, and North, his own love.

But funnily enough, he emerged from a cringey man of edge to being a badass champion of his people -- because my Connor, at the last minute, after being gradually turned to deviancy, stuck to his machine roots and became the end gam villain,

In other words, Markus, who was originally going down a path of big headed extremity, became a genuinely likable, self-reflective hero, while Connor, who seemed to be growing more and more compassionate and eventually befrinded Hank and faltered more and more in each mission, chose the path of his fundamental programming: the mission, above all else.

While Kara and Alice ended up dead after Kara couldn't find it in her to steal from a pair of human lovers.

I found it so morbidly poetic that I'm planning on keeping that as my only playthrough for a while. I just loved how it turnd out in my original experince as a 'first timer', where I didn't know what to expect from these characters and was surprised by how I felt of them by the end. Went from meh to 'don't stop NOW' and I'll commend it for that. :p
That actually sounds pretty cool too.

It feels like this is the first time I've seen a game where "craft your own story" actually had some meaning to it beyond the superficial. I'm reading through a lot of people's experiences at the moment, and there's a good bit of variation scenario wise. I think the first play-through is what will stick with most people so that's what you tend to glean the most from.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

However as a result he lost all his friends, and North, his own love.

But funnily enough, he emerged from a cringey man of edge to being a badass champion of his people -- because my Connor, at the last minute, after being gradually turned to deviancy, stuck to his machine roots and became the end gam villain,

In other words, Markus, who was originally going down a path of big headed extremity, became a genuinely likable, self-reflective hero, while Connor, who seemed to be growing more and more compassionate and eventually befrinded Hank and faltered more and more in each mission, chose the path of his fundamental programming: the mission, above all else.

I found it so morbidly poetic that I'm planning on keeping that as my only playthrough for a while. I just loved how it turnd out in my original experince as a 'first timer', where I didn't know what to expect from these characters and was surprised by how I felt of them by the end. Went from meh to 'don't stop NOW' and I'll commend it for that. :p

About
Yeah, that part was super lame, if you try to side with the humans you lose everything

Boo!

No wonder. That romance was forced on me. I chose to "connect" with North because she was giving me her sob story and I wanted Markus to be a savior to everyone. And somehow they ended up in a romantic relationship as a result. I had the kiss North option but ignored it because I thought it didn't fit and would be way too cheesy.

I can't believe that's what allows Markus to survive. This is bullshit! I was robbed!

IKR, I dont like the writing of the game if you dont follow the writing they want to you to go, saw it instantly on Kara scenario.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
i will never try to get all the trophies, since i don't want to ruin my experience by watching scenes that could easily hurt my feelings. i've earned above 50% of it and that's enough!

Oct 27, 2017
I'd actually really like to see a prequel game (i don't know how far in advance though)

But it would be cool to see more exploration of
- The early deviants and some exploration of those events
- som kind of cool plot twist for rA9
- Carl losing the use of his legs and being gifted Markus by Kamski, and Carl/Markus' early relationship (and some more resentment from Leo)
- Why Kamski left Cyberlife and some more exploration of his views on deviancy
- Creating his Amanda replacement

And I'm sure there is a multitude of other things they can come up with, a bunch of earlier stories of human / Android interaction. They can do explorations of things at a smaller level as a contrast to D:BH's macro AI uprising events. Explore some smaller vignettes before they fully understand deviancy like I'm Time of Eve or something.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
Detroit is currently No.1 at Amazon UK,DE and FR. also No. 8 at Amazon US(first game on the list,after PSN and XBL cards) ,so i think game will sell well...i hope Sony will give us some numbers in 1-2 weeks.
I will get it a bit later,i still have to finish UC4,Horizon and Andromeda...

Deleted member 43514

Banned
May 16, 2018
Erm lol
You can see the child is an android at the start of the game if you were looking. Theres a leaflet adverting her which you can interact with, and the child in the picture ( Jewellery box) is clearly a different girl. Additionally, she and Luther make multiple comments informing you of it.
Its not meant to be a twist?

I mean for Gods sake
when i entered Jericho the first time there was clearly a child android shut down and Josh said the owners got tired of him and it happens a lot with child models. I connected the dots with Alice today and the comments from her and Luther were so odd it was obvious. It was that or either she was adopted or terminally ill

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't take that as a scripting error (come on...), I took it more as Alice internalizing the struggle Kara and Luther were facing and making it her own. Kids are malleable and she had far more of a connection to the party than she did her father, for example.

I do wonder about her mother.

edit: Can you even buy this from Amazon US?

Mar 6, 2018
Looking forward to play once i can get it at a lower price.Hopefully they at least try to bring up the framerate on standard PS4. It's as if the PRO was their main target, looking at how hard original hardware struggles.
It's absolutely unacceptable that game can't even hold 30fps