• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Why does Kamski's face and demanor annoy me so much? . Why does he look like a douchebag/anything but a genius and a big CEO? He was even more over-the-top than the CEO in Ex Machina

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit ... that mansion chapter was a mini Clock Tower. They could very well use this tech to make the most realistic horror game. A Haunting Grounds 2 maybe.

Also, the club chapter.

I laughed out loud when Hank yelled at Conner for staring at the android stripper after first entering the place.

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit ... that mansion chapter was a mini Clock Tower. They could very well use this tech to make the most realistic horror game. A Haunting Grounds 2 maybe.

Also, the club chapter.

I laughed out loud when Hank yelled at Conner for staring at the android stripper after first entering the place.
Next time I start a new playthrough I'll kill Kara and Marcus ASAP so I can enjoy maximum screentime with Hank and Connor

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Goddamnit, end of the club chapter:

I shot the android and really hate myself right now...It was just so split second and I was afraid Connor's relationship with Hank going down even further if I spared her.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America

I shot the android and really hate myself right now...It was just so split second and I was afraid Connor's relationship with Hank going down even further if I spared her.

Ouch that must'a hurt. Kind of the opposite of having your cake and eating it too. xD But hey, there are still future opportunities for sweetening...

Speaking of, that chap has some of the most chuckle-worthy interactions between Hank and Connor, particularly that opening, lol. Love it.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn Rose's voice actress is amazing.
Dana Gourrier

MV5BMWZhM2YyNmEtNzUzOC00MjNlLWE2ZjgtYzliYjBlYjY4ZjVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MDYwOTA@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,665,1000_AL_.jpg

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
How far am I?

I just completed the
Jericho chapter and found the other androids in the ship, and am now in control of the prototype cop as the detective goes for food at a chicken truck.

Four hours so far

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Sure does rain a lot in Detroit. Some would say beyond heavy rain.

Loving being able to bond better with characters. Game can be quite tense in some scenes. I do really like Connor and Hanks scenes the best however.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Then I'm genuinely lost, I've done everything I could, I've even followed all the evidence, even after going back and changi g the outcomes of past missions then going back to the main menu and reloading the Last Chance mission, do my changes affect the story, or do I have to redo every mission in between again?
Ok I think I've figured it out.
You have "insufficient evidence" . You can see my story progresses because I have "Sufficient evidence".

NM0TFbd.jpg

According to this flow chart below from my playthroughs:
9H0WCIC.jpg

1) Carlos does have some significance to Jericho, he says something during his interrogation that leads you to break open up an evidence i.e. the statue (which I think can be missed in the murder scene Carlos is found) that has a rough map inside but it's not enough and you need something else for the exact location of Jericho (I don't know what it is yet). But for this to even be possible in the first place you have to find that statue at the murder scene AND have Carlos open up, doesn't matter if he kills himself later but he needs to open up a bit about some shit like "The truth is inside".

2) The dude from broadcast station will give you the location straight away BUT you need to have played Markus' speech at the broadcast station I believe for that speech to be admitted into evidence. If you don't then you wont be able to trick him and ask him for the location.

3) Same for Simon, you need to have the video played at the broadcast station for him to give you the location in Last Chance if you want to trick him.

4) I believe Daniel (the one from opening chapter) "may" be able to help you find Jericho but for him to help you you need Simon in evidence locker (for spare parts) AND Rupert's diary.

5) The last option is to kill Chloe in Kamski'e house and get the location of Jericho there itself thereby avoiding the need for evidence Locker.

You have evidence but they are all partial and don't connect with each other. Judging by this I'd recommend that you either:
-Play Public enemy again but this time make sure to play Markus' speech and then get either the deviant dude or Simon. Though it does force you to replay 2 really long Markus chapters i.e. Freedom March and Capitol Park along with one shirt Kara chapter and one short Connor chapter.

-Play again from Kamski's house and kill Chloe to directly get location of Jericho. Requires minimum replays, if you are already friends with Hank then you can salvage the relationship later even if you damage it by killing Chloe.

Case solved *cue Connor's theme*

Last edited:
so I just had a thought! Did Todd ever bring up that Alice was missing along with Kara? Cause I'm thinking about it and I don't seem to recall that he did... the reason I'm bringing it up is cause if he didn't, then I think it could be another hint to alice being an android... and I also took the dialogue of her saying she wanted to be like other girls s a hint too because that dialogue does not sound like something a human child would said....

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Suggestion: Every time you beat a Chapter, to back to the title screen. The Android (Chloe) on the title screen goes on her own journey of sorts.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

I was surprised when

I spared them and Hank actually approved, glad I went with that.

That blue haired Tracy model looks very familiar, is that an actual actress ?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
so I just had a thought! Did Todd ever bring up that Alice was missing along with Kara? Cause I'm thinking about it and I don't seem to recall that he did... the reason I'm bringing it up is cause if he didn't, then I think it could be another hint to alice being an android... and I also took the dialogue of her saying she wanted to be like other girls s a hint too because that dialogue does not sound like something a human child would said....
If you sleep in the motel and check TV the next day Todd is on one of the chairs and he says "She took my little girl

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see QD do a horror or spy narrative next. This game proved they got the know-how to do both really well

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Suggestion: Every time you beat a Chapter, to back to the title screen. The Android (Chloe) on the title screen goes on her own journey of sorts.

Wut. *looks back on chapter playthroughs and when game was returned to menu*

(Hint: 0.)

Weehe-hell, that woul've made a certain moment more affecting had that actually been the case...

The biggest hint imo was in

The Pirates Cove

when one of the party members asks if she noticed anything

'different' about her

to be frank. That was pretty much as finger-snapping foreshadowing as you could get.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did my first playthrough. Got a more neutral/middle of the way ending I suppose. But man did I hate Hank, I hated him so much I butchered Connor storyline as a result. I hate cliche storylines so much.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Did my first playthrough. Got a more neutral/middle of the way ending I suppose. But man did I hate Hank, I hated him so much I butchered Connor storyline as a result. I hate cliche storylines so much.
Heh that's funny cause your hate ironically led you to a cliched storyline and had you given him a chance he would've changed and grown on you and you'd have a non cliched storyline. The Hank Connor dynamic is probably one of the strongest dynamic in the game.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Credits are rolling for me right now. I really enjoyed this and definitely going to be doing a second playthrough with much different choices. Very curious how different it will get.

While this game definitely has some very "Cagey" moments and dialog this feels like a big step up from their previous works in terms of writing. I thought the story and characters and engaging through out, although I will agree that the plot with Markus's revolution is a little weak.

Even if I went the violent route and killed everyone who got in my way with him.

I just wish Kara didn't die on me... I felt so fucking terrible when that happend.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Heh that's funny cause
your hate ironically led you to a cliched storyline and had you given him a chance he would've changed and grown on you and you'd have a non cliched storyline. The Hank Connor dynamic is probably one of the strongest dynamic in the game.
That's still a cliche storyline. That's the one I actually prevented in my view.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
All of QD's games has had an element of horror to it, Cage being a stickler for 'INTENSE SUSPENSE' and what have you.

Imo they should tackle a Super Dark Times/Stand By Me-style story next. A bunch of kids getting into a rotten mess and it spiraling into darker territory, perhaps one even bigger than they may have anticipated or something. Could make for a good blueprint for dynamic but intimate character choices. *wink wink*

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Credits are rolling for me right now. I really enjoyed this and definitely going to be doing a second playthrough with much different choices. Very curious how different it will get.

While this game definitely has some very "Cagey" moments and dialog this feels like a big step up from their previous works in terms of writing. I thought the story and characters and engaging through out, although I will agree that the plot with Markus's revolution is a little weak.

Even if I went the violent route and killed everyone who got in my way with him.

I just wish Kara didn't die on me... I felt so fucking terrible when that happend.
If you go full pacifist like 100% then I think it comes as really strong. Provided you meet some requirements like
letting the cyberlife dude from spare parts join you so that when you stand your ground firmly during freedom March he ends up sacrificing himself for Markus which lets Markus continue his story to the end. And having North as your lover which allows you to kiss her at the end when the Androids get cornered, which leads to everyone realising that the Androids have emotions and having a change of heart/rethink.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Because I can see the flowchart and predict what outcome it could have been. Compare and contrast.

I'm happy with my ending, I just wish Hank wasnt so heavily tied to Connors. But I need to explore more I can do.
Well that's an odd thing to say cause the flowchart won't tell you the dynamics and dialogues that occur between the two throughout the whole game. They only tell you potential deviation as the actual results are hidden from you until you actually play so all you are doing is guess work with little basis. Honestly it's quite unrealistic to be able to predict anything correctly when we are talking about flowcharts through the the entire game considering how several of them rely on previous chapters, so without knowing what those results actually are you can't possibly predict future results to any degree of accuracy. The probability drop would be exponential due to the nature of the game's branching pathways and interconnectivity.

You really should give him a chance.

Last edited:

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Ok after I beat the game, I went back into the survey and it asked me 3 more questions. Surely these percentages aren't right?

94% of people say Markus is their favourite character?
93% say not a moment in Detroid resonated personally.
95% say the toughest choice was deciding to shoot Chloe with Connor.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Ok after I beat the game, I went back into the survey and it asked me 3 more questions. Surely these percentages aren't right?

Those seemed glitched to me too.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying all the Kara and Connor chapters but I just want to skip the Marcus ones he's just such a boring character.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Though it does force you to replay 2 really long Markus chapters i.e. Freedom March and Capitol Park along with one shirt Kara chapter and one short Connor chapter.

This is the main part, if I change anything in an earlier chapter do I then need to go through the next few chapters again to get to the latest chapter or can I just redo a chapter, quit back to main menu then go back to the latest chapter?

This could be the reason I'm getting nowhere because I'm going back, changing something, quitting out when the chapter has finished then reattempting to start the latest chapter again.

Oct 27, 2017
Browsed her Twitter and apparently she's engaged to Connor and they're streaming a playthrough of Detroit together.
Haha that's wild.

Spoilers for possible outcome for her character in-game
imagine playing a game with your partner where their in-game version of them kills the in-game version of you. How weird must that be though see people with your faces and voices replicated so accurately, killing each other?

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too. There must be something wrong there.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too. There must be something wrong there.

For the middle one I could see it, but the first and third seem like something most people would say. That said 90% is a big percentage. :p

According to his Twitter they're starting the playthrough together tomorrow.

Detroit and chill on a Sunday 'ey..!? Sounds good to me.... *probably might tune in*