• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
That's awesome and odd as I recently heard it was a dud.

I game tested this way back when, I'm so glad the game was met with success.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Bought it day1, and will do the same with their next project.

Hopefully it doesnt take them more than 3-4 years!

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Truly happy for them. The game is, imho, the best of its kind. Not a perfect game by any means but the branching paths were really well done. Looking forward to their next game

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Overall I didn't like it as much as Heavy Rain and Beyond, but it's still very close and a very good and unique game. I hope we see another Quantic Dream game on PS5 :)

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
QD have had a rocky history in terms of success and/or reception - part of the deal when it comes to making games like these - but Detroit is undeniably their best, and one of the best games the genre has put out in years. Excellent news.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Loved my play through. There's something about these QD games that scratches an itch other games don't. Here's to future scratchings of said itch.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Bryan Dechart's impact.

7841db6e3881fcf4aded794f4d667d87ea568c86r1-268-420_hq.gif

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
After watching MB's evisceration of it, I can't say I feel the same way.

QD iirc still treats its staff like shit, making it more worthwhile to skip this.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Detroit was a great game. Some dlc with just Connor and Hank would be great. That was my favorite story line.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to, so it's great to hear that it did well. Very well deserved.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
So for like 10 years going, I'm amazed by the demo and don't end up buying the game. I still never played one of their games. I got the heavy rain remaster on ps plus, so I guess I shoukd get in there

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Well deserved. It's my 2nd favourite game this year after AC Odyssey.

Same, really glad it was sucessfull. I really hope they keep making these types of games. It's just such a unique expierence in todays gaming market. (The Council goes in the same direction with a few nice twists on the genre, but obviously lacks the production values and polish of Detroit)

Last edited:

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Best game I played this year with god of war and Celeste. Really an amazingly well crafted and intense experience. Can't wait to see what's next for quantic dream !

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Same, really glad it was sucessfull. I really hope they keep making these types of games. It's just such a unique expierence in todays gaming market. (The Council goes in the same direction with a few nice twists on the genre, but obviously lacks the production values and polish of Detroit)
I liked the council. The voice acting though....LOL

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Half of these because of Bryan Dechart. Whoever hired him should get a big bonus. QD should have him as the face for their next game.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
After watching MB's evisceration of it, I can't say I feel the same way.

QD iirc still treats its staff like shit, making it more worthwhile to skip this.

You don't feel what way? You don't feel like it sold 2 million? Or you don't feel like it's QD's fastest selling game?

And let me get this straight, you haven't even played it?

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not to sound moronic but I seen this game repeatedly discounted on psn. I mean, if it was that successful why they dropped the price so frequently?

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Not to sound moronic but I seen this game repeatedly discounted on psn. I mean, if it was that successful why they dropped the price so frequently?
They didn't. It dropped exactly as fast as GoW did, in some countries even slower where it sometimes took 3 months before it first dipped under $60. Was GoW not successful either by that logic? They even had similar Black Friday deals. Sony is quite aggressive with deals on PSN with all their first party titles just a few months after release, strong retail deals were actually much more sparse until the Holiday season

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
The game is 20€ (Holidays sale) in my country right now but it's out of stock almost everywhere, so I don't even know if they were expecting that.

I'm really happy with it's success, really enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

God of War is the 2nd biggest launch ever for Sony, launched the same time as Detroit and it already got heavily discounted.

Sony doesnt care to keep the prices of their games high when they reach their desired profit margins. Detroit sold 1 million in 2 weeks. I am pretty sure that already recouped its entire development budget + marketing.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I really need to get this. Still need Spider-Man too. I'm leaning towards this first because it's cheaper and needs more support.