• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It barely makes fun of it. I kinda agree with what you're saying but it annoys me just how often you see variants of this slogan being used even if its sometimes making fun of it.

Little anime girl? "Silent majority"? All this misses is a MLP pillow and a fedora. Not exactly the macho imagery MAGA people go for. I think it works.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Ahem.

Mod Edit: Do not make this your avatar. Image removed.

To be applied whenever they want from this point forward up until the end of the box office run. At which point, the end of the box office run, it must be put on if not elected to prior. Per the rules of the bet, it must remain on from the date of the avatar application for a period of one month. Enjoy.

This is hilarious and would make people really fucking consider making such bets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Little anime girl? "Silent majority"? All this misses is a MLP pillow and a fedora. Not exactly the macho imagery MAGA people go for. I think it works.

I realise if you stop and think about the avatar it's clearly mocking Trump and his dumbass slogan. Problem for me is it just makes his slogan more visible and keeps him on everyone's minds. Also how many people actually take in the joke from an avatar like that and how many just see the MAGA bullshit.

You see and hear that slogan all over the place and whilst it's often making fun of it I just hate how pervasive it's become.

It to me the jokes in bad taste in this situation. I think making an avatar to mock people trying to dodge this bet is hilarious I just don't agree with using a slogan that is currently being used to create hate and cause suffering to so many.

Agree to disagree. If we can laugh off Hitler, we can laugh off Trump. You're making him something bigger than he is, in my opinion. He'll go down in history as a buffoon more than a monster.

Hitler isn't currently causing death and suffering to an untold amount of people. Silly comparison IMO.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hitler isn't currently causing death and suffering to an untold amount of people. Silly comparison IMO.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think Trump will ever have anything on Hitler, and I personally believe he deserves to be mocked more than anything.

I grew up with my grandfather constantly recounting how the nazis killed his brother in the camp of Mauthausen, the fine details of their deeds. My grandmother would then chime in and show were they would hide when nazis came for anyone with a surname that could remotely sound jewish. I don't think Trump is worse than that. He's nowhere close to that. He's a failure even at being evil, but that's just me maybe.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm speechless.

Make America Great Again. Nationalism. Anime? How does it even make sense?
4chan loves anime. 4chan loves anime avatars. A shit ton of 4chan likes Trump (and they also have twitter presences). So, alt-right incel Trumpers that watch anime have anime avi's, and many put a maga hat on em.

These aren't baby boomer Trumpers that put em on.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Making someone change their avatar to a MAGA avatar during Pride month seems really insensitive, not counting all the other awful things that game has done. It's turning what could be a silly joke (maybe an Avatar avatar or something) into something malicious.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Making someone change their avatar to a MAGA avatar during Pride month seems really insensitive, not counting all the other awful things that game has done. It's turning what could be a silly joke (maybe an Avatar avatar or something) into something malicious.
The movie won't be out of theaters within Pride month. It'll take longer than that.

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
I completely forgot this bet until the thread became super active. I can't find what was supposed to be the losing side's avatar so I picked the shittiest Elvis Impersonator Digimon. I can't believe how bad that franchise was (is?), compared to the greatest of all time Pokemans which will gross 1bln+ before the sun turns into a giant and engulfes us all.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Even if it wasn't pride month I still think it's in poor taste.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Good lord I was wondering why this thread was still so active long after the result of the bet was obvious and I did not anticipate that madness in the last few pages.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ahem.

To be applied whenever they want from this point forward up until the end of the box office run. At which point, the end of the box office run, it must be put on if not elected to prior. Per the rules of the bet, it must remain on from the date of the avatar application for a period of one month. Enjoy.

I just wanted to say go fuck yourself. Really glad you stepped down from a place of "power" around here. I'm out of this bet, I changed out of my Digimon avatar. Ban my ass for a month or however long. I don't care. I thought it was funny, harmless fun and you go and pull this..?

A friend in WrassleERA got banned for three days for admitting to using illegal streams to watch WWE, as a sort of protest. Yet this is okay?

You could have done some cringey sexualized pokemon art to embarrass late comers, something silly but clearly worse. This is just absolutely stupid.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Ahem.

Thats fucked up. Not in a fun way.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Holy shit, are you people really trying to get a guy to use a politically divisive, and absolutely offensive avatar... Because the guy is adhering to the terms of the bet?

Didn't we just have a poll that says "Everyone here judges people by their avatars"? You're basically damning them on the rest of the board, and considering this board, going against the very ideals the board was started.

That's fucked up, like actually fucked up.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
tenor.gif

They're supposed to be fun avatar bets. Harmless good fun to rib each other over. If people want to get technical and take it seriously, it can be an avatar that makes them regret doing it. Basically, if you aren't going act in the spirit of what avatar bets are supposed to be, you can get an avatar that won't be in that spirit either.

tl;dr: its about the spirit dude

You should follow your own advice.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Ahem.

I'm not the one affected by this, so I support this incredibly harsh/incredibly fair punishment for the Loser who was incredibly bad at holding the L

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Thread is so embarrassing. And I mean those of you hounding people ITT and via PMs to hold up to some stupid forum bet.

The maga shit is just disgusting and y'all should be ashamed.

Ahem.

Sorry but this was gross to even suggest. You should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.