• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I read on the early screening page that Detective Pikachu's review embargo is tomorrow. Curious as to how it'll review? These impressions gives it hope that it'll review decently.
Edit: Nevermind the Embargo is right there on the screen saying its on Tuesday May 7th.
Apparently the embargo got moved up to tomorrow.

But we'll see if it's true.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Twitter and someone I've seen post reviews update regular so I figure they're trust worthy.

Unfortunately I can't post a link at the moment cause I've been trying to find it but twitter is a bit of mess on my phone.
Gotcha, thanks!
Hopefully it's true.

I thought one of those Tomb Raiders was supposed to be good (I rarely do that whole movie thing)
I mean, good like the Resident Evil movies are good, I guess.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
This is good news

The more I see trailers for it, the more I want to see it. I think a large part of that is honestly my love for Ryan Reynolds, but I'm glad it's a good movie too. I grew up with Pokemon, and even though I've outgrown it, should still enjoy that aspect too.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I've said before that this feels more like a muppet movie than the movie about the similar idea that had actual muppets in it.
Especially given the whole "Pokemon, but realistic" concept, I long for, but suspect based on guidelines produced by the Pokemon Co. will not see, a bunch of scenes where pokemon get eaten and/or explode

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
As it turns out, when you focus on making a movie first rather than just directly translating a videogame to the big screen - you can actually make a pretty great movie. And when you also respect & cherish what made that game great, you satisfy fans as well.

Super excited, and hope this sparks a long catalogue of Pokemon movies to come.
Who is this a lesson for? That's pretty much solely what these video game movies are. Stuff like MK is rare as hell.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Who is this a lesson for? That's pretty much solely what these video game movies are. Stuff like MK is rare as hell.
Not really. Warcraft was slavish to the lore, and was a boring film as a result. Rampage had nothing to do with the game Rampage, because it was more focused on being an action movie.

MK is a good example of things going right, but even that wasn't a particularly great action movie.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Where did you see this, if you do not mind my asking?
On Twitter and someone I've seen post reviews update regular so I figure they're trust worthy.

Unfortunately I can't post a link at the moment cause I've been trying to find it but twitter is a bit of mess on my phone.
Mod Edit: We do not provide a platform for Grace Randolph or her content here

Last edited by a moderator:

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Not really. Warcraft was slavish to the lore, and was a boring film as a result. Rampage had nothing to do with the game Rampage, because it was more focused on being an action movie.

MK is a good example of things going right, but even that wasn't a particularly great action movie.
You named one more example you can name another 10 that aren't which is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.