• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
These are all very welcome changes to the current style of the battle pass! Looking forward to see it all unveiled. Might get me to hop back in.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
It's as if Respawn and Netherealm are in a battle to see who can make the worst skins

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Make it to the Top 5 in any match

Top 5 (15?) only? What the fuck? I do that all the time and I know I'm not that sweaty. This should be top 3 instead (9)

I mean, that's a whopping 15 people left. You can do this by just going someplace and hiding for a few minutes.

Even though it isn't true matchmaking, this is a step in the right direction

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 (15?) only? What the fuck? I do that all the time and I know I'm not that sweaty. This should be top 3 instead (9)

I mean, that's a whopping 15 people left. You can do this by just going someplace and hiding for a few minutes.

Even though it isn't true matchmaking, this is a step in the right direction
Quality of players should still improve. Just think about the amount of people who drop in highly contested areas and are sent back to the lobby within the first minute or two of a match.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity why do you want solo queue? The game is mainly built around team based play. Seems like it'd be significantly less fun if not outright broken without team play unless they make significant changes.

Jumping in on this.

I want to avoid playing with randoms that I can't understand who always seem to yell or have bad mics. I want to be able to play alone as my friends (when they played) always grouped up together and I couldn't play with them (if it was a 4 squad it'd be different) and even when I could play with a friend it was almost always just one person meaning it'd be us two and then a random and that isn't as fun as a full squad of friends.

I want to be able to just hope in by myself play my best and have some fun like I can in PUBG or Fortnite. The pinging and respawning are fantastic things for multiplayer and are super good but you still have to play (in my case anyway) with randoms who I don't want to play with, I wanted to play with my friends but that didn't happen because of the 3 player squads.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Not good enough. Content is one thing but whoever their MTX head is, they're being absurdly stubborn about prices on stuff.

Saying you can craft 1(!!!) Legendary item after an entire Battle Pass is so miserly its unreal. If they don't halve the price on buying Legendary stuff I don't know what they expect going forward for their revenue. ÂŁ15.99 is insanity.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Whoever thought it was a good idea to alienate 90+% of your audience with the ridiculous time investment the first battle pass required was insane. As were all the people on here defending it.

A battle pass is supposed to drive engagement. You don't do that by asking people to play your game at the expense of literally everything else. Requiring 100s of hours to play to complete a battle pass is an awful decision, and the vast majority of players will either be turned off if they realise, or even worse burned when they buy the battle pass and pay $10 for a fraction of the content because they don't devote their life to the game.

A good battle pass, one that will make them the most money and get the most people playing the game, is one that is completable with 3 or fewer hours a week. Sure the hardcore of hardcore will complain about lack of unlocks. Who cares. Those people are 1% of your audience. The majority of people would prefer a more casual pass that can be realistically completed by most players, and suddenly you're selling battle passes, encouraging new people to start playing etc.

For sure. It was interesting seeing some reddit posts claiming it's "not that bad" and the breakdown was like 1.5 hours a day. A DAY. And if you "miss" a day it continues to compound. This is not how I should be thinking about your game.

That said, it looks like they've learned their lesson at least a bit. We'll see what the requirements specifically turn out to be but on the surface things look better.

I think having more of those evolving badges should help appease the hardcore people (like the win 1/5/10/20? games with each character). It's a cool thing they can put on their banners and something to "grind" towards even if the BP is done more quickly.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the daily/weekly challenges aren't anything too distracting. It would be very unfortunate if I jump into a match only to find that one or more of my teammates are less interested in winning than they are about doing some dumb challenge. I like the system they have in place now where you get bonus XP for playing different legends. I think Respawn just needs to decrease the amount of XP per level and maybe increase they XP payouts a bit. Adding challenges to such a team focused game has me very worried.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds sooooooo much better already. The battlepass being loaded with filler badge icons and banner things was awful, it already had one that tracked every level which made them super redundant.

I am really curious what kind of challenges they add. Fortnite lets you do a bunch of dumb stuff but I can't see much from Apex aside from using x weapon or landing in certain spots.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they are reducing their time to get level 100. I played about 8 hours a week and am no where near close to hitting 100.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Out of curiosity why do you want solo queue? The game is mainly built around team based play. Seems like it'd be significantly less fun if not outright broken without team play unless they make significant changes.
My favorite ways to play all BR games are solo queue. Apex has the best gameplay of all the BR games so I would die for a solo que

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to be dropping either a new map or character with this, or no bueno

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I haven't stopped playing this and season 2 sounds decent. But a new character is definitely needed along with ranked play.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the challenges don't affect gameplay too much, it's one of the things I absolutely despised about Fortnite's. Just a whole bunch of people dropping in X location to do dumb shit for challenges which ruined the fun as they'd only enter games for challenges and not to actually play.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was really really hoping they'd reduce the grind, and it looks like they've done just that.
Nice one. If it's much better now I might buy the Pass.

Edit: ÂŁ16 for ONE skin is still madness though.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
So they acknowledge that the battle pass was a terrible grind... But they'll address it during the next battle pass? Why not do something about it now?

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Whoever thought it was a good idea to alienate 90+% of your audience with the ridiculous time investment the first battle pass required was insane. As were all the people on here defending it.

A battle pass is supposed to drive engagement. You don't do that by asking people to play your game at the expense of literally everything else. Requiring 100s of hours to play to complete a battle pass is an awful decision, and the vast majority of players will either be turned off if they realise, or even worse burned when they buy the battle pass and pay $10 for a fraction of the content because they don't devote their life to the game.

A good battle pass, one that will make them the most money and get the most people playing the game, is one that is completable with 3 or fewer hours a week. Sure the hardcore of hardcore will complain about lack of unlocks. Who cares. Those people are 1% of your audience. The majority of people would prefer a more casual pass that can be realistically completed by most players, and suddenly you're selling battle passes, encouraging new people to start playing etc.
I mean.....you are getting upset because the items you get to play digital dress up on your fake characters aren't to your liking. God forbid the gameplay is actually fun!

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So they acknowledge that the battle pass was a terrible grind... But they'll address it during the next battle pass? Why not do something about it now?

I think the Wraith skin and gun skin given to everyone that got to level 15 (which isn't that tough to do) is a bit of a recompense there for people that weren't ready for how grindy it was. They're better skins than the ones that were in the pass previously.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
i really hate this demand for new characters so damn often in these games. just ends up getting cluttered and ruining the dynamic. i miss mp shooters were time was spent refining the game as opposed to just slamming tons of new shit into it and breaking the game constantly.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hooray! Glad to see that they're listening and finally adapting to very valid criticisms. The final 2 weeks of BP1 sound like what it's needed for weeks now. Looking forward to hearing more about Season 2.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I mean.....you are getting upset because the items you get to play digital dress up on your fake characters aren't to your liking. God forbid the gameplay is actually fun!
Whilst I wholeheartedly agree on paper the difference is in the modern climate so many games are giving reasons to demand our attention, whether that's free or paid. Apex basically did the opposite - the battle pass is almost actively discouraging players by being so unrewarding.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is basically what the game should have had a couple months ago, and the kind of update I was waiting for to come back to the game. I love it, but I was feeling burnout with the horrible grind so I temporarily quit for my own sanity and to avoid hating the game. Now I'm ready to jump back next weekend. Hopefully the community didn't get MLG while I was gone, lmao.

Cammington

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they've learnt some lessons at least. I've got back into Apex in the last few weeks with my buddies and still can't believe just how grindy and tedious the battlepass is. We play 8/9 hours a week (which should be plenty) and think we're all on level 20 or something stupid grinding for that next stat tracker for a character you don't use at the next level.

The core game is great but I seriously felt like I was mugged.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Challenges will be huge to get me into the game again, having progression beyond win really gives more life to the game.
This seems like a step in the right direction.
Definitely a step in the right direction. Challenges will definitely help with the feeling of progression, but I hope they don't go the Rocket League route and do "Do this while wearing this legendary skin" or whatever. In fact, locking challenges behind the paywall is a bit of a dick move in the first place.

I'd like to see a more steady release of new weapons/characters/maps, but I understand and appreciate that Respawn like to balance their stuff carefully. Apex is in a good place balance-wise right now.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any rewards for staying in the elite queue for longer?
Seems like there are stat trackers that will display your current Elite Queue Streak and either highest streak or total elite queue matches played; I can't remember exactly what I read earlier.

My coworker I always play with was excited about the elite queue and I imagine will want to go into it every time. I'm not particularly hyped up about it, especially since in recent weeks he's gotten really big on hot-dropping Skulltown (and doing that repeatedly seems like a quick way to no longer be in the elite queue). Maybe the gameplay will change a bit in the elite queues though. I saw someone earlier suggest elsewhere that it might see people think a bit more about their position and approach when engaging instead of just rushing to third-party wherever they heard gun shots from, snipers might get even more common, and more.

OP
OP
TitlePending

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Details on the Wild Hunt challenges and how to complete them -- starts today!

apex-legends-legendary-hunt-challenges-rewards.jpg

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this games still has crashing issues, it's so dang annoying. The crash I used to get was fixed and I had a blast playing the game, but the update that introduced the battle pass introduced a new crash that prevents me from playing at all, and seemingly has no fix.
I wish the game actually received updates occasionally. I guess partly though I have been spoiled by Fortnite's crunch-fueled weekly updates.

I will happily jump on the second battle pass though, if the game works. The first really did not seem like a good value at all, I was surprised so many of my friends got it.

edit: After checking, it seems the most recent update has patched my issue, hooray!

Last edited: