• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
So much better for a small premium. Every part of your body can get a bit of water pressure instead of the light trickle of water flowing downwards.

Plus, my understanding is ladies can masturbate with them. What is not to love?

Zona

Oct 27, 2017
Rain shower head all the way, I got a 12 inch one off Amazon and I love it.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So much better for a small premium. Every part of your body can get a bit of water pressure instead of the light trickle of water flowing downwards.

Plus, my understanding is ladies can masturbate with them. What is not to love?
giphy.gif

I have a nebia I got. Which I still haven't opened... Because we have hard water and I don't want to ruin it.

Edit: I'm so lazy,

support.nebia.com

Using the Cleaning Caps

If you live in an area with hard water, you may find that calcium deposits build up from time to time. We have designed two custom Cleaning Caps that will make it much easier to remove these deposi...

I could have saveeeed so much water, they definitely thought this out.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
They're a must for sure. I love that Japan has relatively high-pressure shower heads.

I've also become a fan of waterfall shower heads. I really wish I could have one in my apartment.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
So can guys if you get the right pressure and get that little spot under the head. The downside is cum mixed with warm water turns it into the consistency of chunky arts and crafts glue.
What? Man.. why isn't jizz more water soluble?? lol

Anyway, I generally don't like them because I have only experienced ones where the angle is off of hard to adjust precisely when you want to be handsfree.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
So can guys if you get the right pressure and get that little spot under the head. The downside is cum mixed with warm water turns it into the consistency of chunky arts and crafts glue.
The little bits get everywhere.

Uh I mean, golly, that sounds troublesome!

What? Man.. why isn't jizz more water soluble?? lol
I heard cold water is fine because it doesn't make the proteins contract or whatever. Maybe somebody could jizz for science and report back.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

I have a nebia I got. Which I still haven't opened... Because we have hard water and I don't want to ruin it.

Edit: I'm so lazy,

support.nebia.com

Using the Cleaning Caps

If you live in an area with hard water, you may find that calcium deposits build up from time to time. We have designed two custom Cleaning Caps that will make it much easier to remove these deposi...

I could have saveeeed so much water, they definitely thought this out.

OMG thats so simple yet great. Our fixed head is removable but its still a pain to unscrew and descale. I'd love a simple click on thing like that.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Japanese showers use a different system than in the West. They share the same water source as the main faucet, which it's connected to with a hose.

japanese-bathrooms-05.jpg

Same as Europe. For me there was no difference between Japanese showers and German ones. But first day in the states I was baffled about the fixed shower head.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao I have never not used a shower like that except in locker rooms or something.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i prefer completely cordless showerheads so you have full freedom of motion

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I installed one with a fixed head and a detachable head last year. I can have the water come out of either or both. Normally I use the fixed head and just use the detachable one for cleaning the shower. The key when switching to the detachable is to remember that the water left in the neck is room temperature so you get a burst of cold before hot water starts coming out of it.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I thought this was normal, im in europe. I hold the showerhead in my hands pretty much at all times when showering.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I see your intention there OP. Bravo.

But I agree with your first point, they're a game changer for me. I feel like it's inadequate when I'm in a shower without one.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
As a short person who also is very nearsighted I hate them with a passion. They keep falling off their mount and then I have a hard time putting them back because they are so high up. Plus they make the shower head be much higher up and being short by the time the water reaches me there is not much pressure.

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
Japanese showers use a different system than in the West. They share the same water source as the main faucet, which it's connected to with a hose.
That's how it has worked everywhere I've lived here in the states, though the setup is slightly different than your image.

• There is pipe "stub" up high for your shower head. In some places there might be a fixed shower head, but you can simply use your hands or a wrench and unscrew it. Feel free to install a detachable shower head, that's what I've always done.
  • The spout that fills tubs in the US is a diverter valve. That little button is for the valve, when it is in the down position water flows through the spout thanks to gravity. If you pull it up it blocks off the spout and water goes to the shower head.
  • As a result of the previous point they both share the same water source.

If we're going to talk about unusual things, I would say that the whole "wet bath" thing that seems common in Japan is unnerving. I know the way bathrooms are built in the US only the area around the bath/shower pan is going to be adequately sealed against water, and the only place I've seen a wet bath is on a boat.

I heard cold water is fine because it doesn't make the proteins contract or whatever.
Coagulate. It's basically like albumin, so think about an egg white or the white stuff you see when you cook salmon.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
As a short person who also is very nearsighted I hate them with a passion. They keep falling off their mount and then I have a hard time putting them back because they are so high up. Plus they make the shower head be much higher up and being short by the time the water reaches me there is not much pressure.
Doesn't yours have the height adjustable mount on a vertical rod?

fliesen-dusche.jpg

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Seems like a mess to clean up/dry. Also, I don't like having a mirror in there lol.
Pretty sure it just dries by itself, but I am told that it takes longer to clean because, well, it's more space.
Have you never seen this scene in Anime?
They go scenes where people outside tubs/onsen wash themselves all the time. I thought you're a huge nerd.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I have an old shower head. Are they easy to replace.

Extremely easy, coming from someone with minimal household repair skills - just twist it off, apply a little plumbers tape to the spout (or whatever the showerhead nub thingy is called) and twist the new one on.

It's the first thing I do in a new apartment; I can't imagine showering without a detachable head anymore. The few times I've needed to (hotels), it just feels wrong.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I installed one with a fixed head and a detachable head last year. I can have the water come out of either or both. Normally I use the fixed head and just use the detachable one for cleaning the shower. The key when switching to the detachable is to remember that the water left in the neck is room temperature so you get a burst of cold before hot water starts coming out of it.
Yup, that initial burst of freezing water is something that is awful if you're not braced for it.

Pretty sure it just dries by itself, but I am told that it takes longer to clean because, well, it's more space.
Have you never seen this scene in Anime?
They go scenes where people outside tubs/onsen wash themselves all the time. I thought you're a huge nerd.
Yes, if the camera tilted down a few degrees there would be a drain in the middle of the room.
One thing that may surprise people is that families will often keep a cover over a warm bathtub of water and then each person would shower themselves clean, take a warm bath, cover the bath again and then rinse off with the shower. It's a bit like a mini onsen experience at home.