• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone, it's been three weeks since we launched Destruction AllStars on PlayStation Plus* and it's been an amazing experience for us to see the community playing the game for the first time, and quickly starting to learn the ropes. On behalf of Lucid Games, I'd like to thank everyone who has played the game so far and for all the kind words and support on social media!

We're excited to gather your feedback about the game and respond to it asap. We've already released a couple of patches in direct response to community feedback on our in-game voice comms, earning AllStar Coins and a few crash fixes. Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions, it all makes for fantastic reading and consideration – please keep it coming!

Future content
We've got a lot in store for all Destruction AllStars players as we move further into 2021. Some of this is kicking off next week with the addition of Mayhem 8v8 as a featured playlist. This is in direct response to community feedback, with plenty more on the way. We wanted to give you an early look at what you can expect over the next few months, along with a hint at our long term plans.

February
  • Double XP Weekend
  • Genesis' Challenge Series
March
  • Featured Playlist: Mayhem 8v8 (Playable in a party!**)
  • Featured Playlist: Stockpile 4v4
  • Double XP Weekends
  • Bluefang's Challenge Series
  • 10 New Skins
April
  • Featured Playlist: Carnado Solo
  • Double XP Weekends
  • A few more surprises…

As we've shifted the launch of Destruction AllStars into PlayStation Plus, we're doing the same with the price. We're thrilled to announce that Destruction AllStars will be available for digital purchase from April 6th for $19.99 / CDN$29.99 / €19.99. This is a great value, and helps ensure the mayhem will continue long after our PlayStation Plus promotion comes to an end. Of course if you've already added the game to your library, it's yours to keep as long as you're an active PlayStation Plus subscriber.

Once again, we just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who's been playing the game, sharing their clips and asking what's coming next in Destruction AllStars. We've got plenty in store for you and we can't wait to share more about it soon!
blog.playstation.com

Next on Destruction AllStars: Featured Playlists, Challenge Series, and more

Lucid Games details the future content for its car-based multiplayer battler

Last edited:

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I was looking forward to this game, but after playing it, it's not just very fun for me. Good move at making it cheaper, but perhaps it should stay as a PS+ free game forever, to be honest.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they reconsidered the original price. As fun as it is, there is just not enough game there for a full priced game, nevermind Sony's absurdly high new price for games.

Hope it along with it being on PS+ does well for them. It has come a long way from basically looking like it was going to be DOA at launch.

oldyella

Oct 27, 2017
Great decision. Also means that the game should have hopefully have legs even after it's time on Plus has ended. I already redeemed it at launch through Plus, but may still purchase it at that price just to show my support.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the roadmap from the article. Very in to the idea of Carnado Solo. Could be a blast.

February
  • Double XP Weekend
  • Genesis' Challenge Series
March
  • Featured Playlist: Mayhem 8v8 (Playable in a party!**)
  • Featured Playlist: Stockpile 4v4
  • Double XP Weekends
  • Bluefang's Challenge Series
  • 10 New Skins
April
  • Featured Playlist: Carnado Solo
  • Double XP Weekends
  • A few more surprises…

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
The highlight from the PS Blog post was that Stoickpile will get a featured playlist in March.

Stockpile is the best mode in Destruction All Stars, for my money.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good to see Sony got the message loud and clear. $70 isn't going to fly for every game if it doesn't have quality and quantity of content on its side.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Glad this strategy seems to be working out for them. This game was dead on arrival at $89.99 (CAD) I certainly enjoyed it more than I was expecting.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
A great price for the title in its current state and hopefully it will sell really well now. $70 was always unrealistic for this type of game.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
That's crazy that it's gone from $70 to $20. I think the game is actually pretty cool but $70 would have been crazy for it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I downloaded this but haven't played a single online match yet. Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
As we've shifted the launch of Destruction AllStars into PlayStation Plus, we're doing the same with the price. We're thrilled to announce that Destruction AllStars will be available for digital purchase from April 6th for $19.99 / CDN$29.99 / €19.99. This is a great value, and helps ensure the mayhem will continue long after our PlayStation Plus promotion comes to an end. Of course if you've already added the game to your library, it's yours to keep as long as you're an active PlayStation Plus subscriber.

Once again, we just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who's been playing the game, sharing their clips and asking what's coming next in Destruction AllStars. We've got plenty in store for you and we can't wait to share more about it soon!

See you in the arena!

New content in the next months

KnatdiS.png

blog.playstation.com

Next on Destruction AllStars: Featured Playlists, Challenge Series, and more

Lucid Games details the future content for its car-based multiplayer battler

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fair price, way better than the bonkers $70 price tag. I need to jump on this more, I love these profile multiplayer games and had fun with the little I played of it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the single player stuff needing to be bought with real money was always going to be a thing or if it was a reaction to PS+/knowing that the price would be being lowered.

Lower the price of entry but make it back via mtx from a larger crowd?

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
That's great news. I've put in about 7 hours since its release, which isn't a lot of time, but I find this game works really well for me in short bursts. Load it up, play a couple rounds, and then I'm normally good. I can see myself doing that throughout the year. It's pretty stress free to play and enjoyable.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That's a much better price. 20 bucks for the game goes into impulse buy for some.

I really enjoy it; it's great in short bursts.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
That's a reasonable price for what it offers, I'm having fun playing every now and then.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
20 is a pretty perfect price point for this I'd say. It's a ton of fun too, hope they'll support for a long time to come.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh i didnt like it when it was free... 20$ is waaaay too much for this F2P game.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
So if we have plus through April do we still have access to it?

Or was it always temporary? Confused...

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I can switch to "massively underperformed" if it makes you happier but I think it's pretty silly to be offended on a company's behalf.

I wouldn't go that far, heh. I just find the term annoying.

I've never been crazy about schadenfreude on video game message boards in general, and there's no real indication that this freebie PS+ game "bomba'd."

Even if it was somehow fiscally a dud, it's clear some hard work went into it. I work in creative production and feel empathy for the folks who make this stuff.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
They've made nothing but the right decisions with this game since that initial $70 reveal. Great to hear guys.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
They were smoking crack rock thinking they could sell this for $70.

$20 is a stretch for the amount of content available tbh

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Really good move. It seemed the challenge series was going to be included in the retail version when it was $70. They changed that for the PS+ version. Glad there will be a way to get destruction points because I want to play all the challenge series.

I really love this game, but it has been concerning lately with how hard it is to get into certain matches, especially stockpile. I hope the player base sticks with it.

It is a bit strange, I feel like that the model really respects the player base and our time/money (no FOMO battle pass, no "buy more virtual currency to get a better deal"). But without something like a BP, I don't feel much need to keep playing either.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
I wonder if the single player stuff needing to be bought with real money was always going to be a thing or if it was a reaction to PS+/knowing that the price would be being lowered.

Lower the price of entry but make it back via mtx from a larger crowd?
I think you are right, they probably stripped that content out and spaced it out. The trophy list it's pretty telling.

This news are very positive and I'll probably reinstall the game when the in-game currency it's obtainable through gameplay.