• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
This Cerberus trophy is so annoying. Gridfall then wait till 1v1 and then use cerberus to light 1 enemy car on fire. I don't understand why the trophy won't pop

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So it's muted in the lobby now? Presume in-game it's the same?

It seems a shame that a bad microphone solution on the controller is causing them to just eliminate voice chat from the lobbies altogether. They shouldn't really have to.

A global, obvious mute button in the game (not in the activity cards) would probably be the ideal solution. Hopefully they're working on that! Says they have longer term plans.

Oct 25, 2017
This Cerberus trophy is so annoying. Gridfall then wait till 1v1 and then use cerberus to light 1 enemy car on fire. I don't understand why the trophy won't pop

If someone doesn't leave the gridfall match after they lose, it still treats them like they are in the game. Meaning the trophy will not pop unless they leave.

It's happened to me twice trying to get the Barong trophy. I got the flamethrower one, but imo trophy hunting in this game isn't worth it. Too much shit relies on hoping people are in an ideal spot and with connection issues, getting things is harder than it should be

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kinda surprised how negative the discourse around the game is. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

I kinda hated it at first but since i started playing carnado im liking it now. Its still a really shallow game tho. This could be a lot better with more modes, a decent progression system, QoL improvements like music ingame etc.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
The unintentional voice chat was one of my favourite parts of the game!
The Eurogamer review called it out as the best thing about the game, glad it's now turned off but I imagine there's a couple of people out there who were playing mainly to listen to folk who didn't realise they had a hot mic in their hands 😁

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is like the perfect game to have a few beers and play online with friends

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The unintentional voice chat was one of my favourite parts of the game!

I actually really liked it too. So much fun with all the yelling and shit talk and such. But we were probably just lucky. There are so many people out there that I'm sure got thrown into lobbies with racial slurs and shit being thrown all around with them not knowing how to mute them.

I wish they wouldn't have gone this route though, and instead just made mute all an option in the game and extremely clear, rather than only in the activity cards. Like in Black Ops you can just click in the right stick and it mutes everyone, simple as that.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love Harmony, too bad her specials suck.

Shockingly, I didn't hear not one baby crying or even a poorly rapped song. It was just mostly people quietly mumbling to themselves.

I honestly think her special is up there because you don't even have to nudge into the car and damage still registers. Lol.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Anyone here notice that the tiger dude's legendary skin turns him white? Kind of a weird choice me and my friend saw last night haha

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
If someone doesn't leave the gridfall match after they lose, it still treats them like they are in the game. Meaning the trophy will not pop unless they leave.

It's happened to me twice trying to get the Barong trophy. I got the flamethrower one, but imo trophy hunting in this game isn't worth it. Too much shit relies on hoping people are in an ideal spot and with connection issues, getting things is harder than it should be
Yeah its just annoying to be honest. I literally only need 6 more trophies and im done. Still need Barong as well..

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
No amount of vaulting or special leaping will make the on-foot portion engaging or interesting. It is literally just a means to get gems to get back into a car ASAP.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
A lot of the badges in this game would seem super tough to get. I assume a lot of them are also linked to the hidden trophies? Definitely one of those "if it happens, it happens" sorta thing where you get one not even trying for it. Intentionally grinding them makes you a masochist.

Also, should probably change the OT title now that automatic voice chat is turned off by default.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else lose a level (or XP) from the patch? I was 21 yesterday and now 20 again. Strange.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kinda surprised how negative the discourse around the game is. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

One, it's a PlayStation Exclusive...it's been happening since PS3.

Second.. it turned into a *free* game... so people who weren't interested in buying it in the first place, might have download it... and of course they can comment on it. Heck they might not even be interested in the genre, but still consider it boring. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Second.. it turned into a *free* game... so people who weren't interested in buying it in the first place, might have download it... and of course they can comment on it. Heck they might not even be interested in the genre, but still consider it boring. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Three, it's a bad game.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Why are the skins so incredibly boring in this game? That feels like one of the most important aspects to a game hero-based game and they're all simple color swaps.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
The game lacks content. They were really gonna ask 80€ for this? Absolutely crazy.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Clearly this game was going to have much more modes+content that was cut when it went "free on PS+" much like the "free edition" of Drive Club vs the proper full price game. I'm kind of having fun in it.. with that mindset.. expecting much more content, free costumes etc down the line... I HOPE!

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching some streams, thought the game looks fun. Just need Sony to make PS5 more readily available so I can party up.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
There is a good game in here somewhere. But it requires dropping all of the terrible on-foot stuff.
I don't necessarily dislike the on-foot stuff, I just kind of wish you couldn't jump out willy nilly. maybe you have a chance to jump out right as you get wrecked and it's a timing thing to give you the opportunity to find another ride instead of counting as a KO, but right now the on foot gameplay is really strange and not all that appealing. the controls feel funky for it too.

I really really want them to just keep updating the game, looking forward to what it becomes. The style and animations are absolutely on point

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Why are the skins so incredibly boring in this game? That feels like one of the most important aspects to a game hero-based game and they're all simple color swaps.

I feel like there's 100% gonna be a premium Battle Pass in a couple of months with proper new skins in it.

Get everyone spending all of their coins on boring recolours at first and then drop premium things that seem amazing because they're so different to everything else in the game. Classic Battle Pass rollout.

Might be wrong, but seems like it to me.

NoneLikeAlex

Oct 27, 2017
When is it proper to use her special? I like her, but I constantly feel like I screw up her special lol

Hold it until you find a cluster of 3+ people to use it on. Seriously, don't bother using it on one person unless you are absolutely sure you're going to wreck them with it. It's also important to use it as you're actually making contact with someone, don't just use it when you're somewhat near someone. Otherwise you're pushing them away with the special without getting points for the actual contact hit too. Then the others who are close will just be sweet, sweet extra points you get from the range.

The range of the special is way, way shorter than you think and it's garbage when you just try to use strictly as a ranged attack, which is what I assumed you were supposed to do at first.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Paying 70 for this game is a joke and it's a bigger joke I have to go on twitter to see the rest of the tutorial.

The game is enjoyable because I miss twisted metal but it's incredibly half bake for a 70 dollar game.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Hold it until you find a cluster of 3+ people to use it on. Seriously, don't bother using it on one person unless you are absolutely sure you're going to wreck them with it. It's also important to use it as you're actually making contact with someone, don't just use it when you're somewhat near someone. Otherwise you're pushing them away with the special without getting points for the actual contact hit too. Then the others who are close will just be sweet, sweet extra points you get from the range.

The range of the special is way, way shorter than you think and it's garbage when you just try to use strictly as a ranged attack, which is what I assumed you were supposed to do at first.
Yeah I noticed you have to be extremely close to other cars to get them to move. I'll try this out next time. Thanks!

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017

You sure this is the take you want to use when people have criticism for this game?

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
You sure this is the take you want to use when people have criticism for this game?

There's nothing wrong with criticism. Heck that's important to improving any game. I've stated things I hope they add to improving it.

But over exaggeration (go back to early in this thread), I'm not really for. Especially if I've personally experienced something different. So I respond to it.

Last edited:

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone want to party up to make these trophies somewhat easier. I need Barong, but I'll happily help with anything

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I like the casual, low impact feel. But honestly, I hate the on foot shit. It's not much fun trying to run around finding a car. They need to add a mode where all you do is smash shit. I don't care about doing "well". I just like smashing cars.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Nope. This has absolutely nothing to do with it being an exclusive.

The game isn't very good.

Well I didn't say that was the main/only reason... I gave two examples, and I would have wrote more but I was at work earlier.

It's fine to feel it isn't very good... I just know I haven't failed to find matches yet, and when voice chat was on.. most chatted like they were having fun.

Graphics looks nice.. animations look nice..framerate is 60fps most of the time. There's different ways to play the game.

I mean it's an arena car destruction game. I don't know what some were expecting after they finally showed more of the game. Imo, it shouldn't have been a $70 game if it were strictly an arena game, but that's on the suits. It would have screwed this game if it didn't launch on +.

I don't think it's going to be $70 in a few months.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having fun putting it on for a few matches. would like to try it with friends. I just play mayhem, only played a few characters so far. I'm not sure what I think would improve it immediately, I think increasing the player count a little bit would be good for always finding players.