• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
So either completing the challenge series or 100% it will unlock the epic skin. Not too bad

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
yeah like I said, I did the tutorials, so I am familiar with the gameplay aspects , like evading and stealing cars, etc. Its just points, and how they work was never fully explained as far as I remember(there was a good deal of info so I likely missed some subtle stuff), and what the end goal is. Or what is best, or all the ways for earning points, and where you would even track points on the screen, and how all that works. Just saying the did a poor job of explaining that whole aspect, and no explanation of leveling and why that might be important or not? And obviously with more time I can understand that, but the game didnt grab me by that time. Just felt I was on my own, just crashing into things, and there was no dynamics, highs nor lows, or climax to the matches. To me didnt have staying power. Just my hot take is all. Glad you enjoy it.
Could maybe be fun for a quick match here and there trying out more characters. but cant see my self putting too much time into it.

Yeah the tutorials are not good.

Points are different in every game mode. Choose Arcade mode and it'll list objectives in the event description. But even there it's a little vague.

Mayhem: just destroy enemy cars.

Gridfall: it's battle royale, be the last one alive.

Carnado: destroy enemies to collect points, deposit them in the tornado to score.

Stockpile: destroy enemies to spill out points, collect them on-foot, deposit them on-foot to one of 3 bases to capture them. Whoever holds all 3 bases wins or 2 out of 3 when the timer runs out.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Munas trophy is glitched. Just drove around with a full shield for 10 seconds 5 extra seconds and no trophy. Even hit extra stuff to make sure it was full.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think a solution to the lack of in-match music would be to implement it as if it's coming from speakers within the stadiums, making use of the 3D Audio to give it a greater effect.

So no inverted controls in this game, huh? Absolutely insane.
Is this a scenario like Astro's Playroom where you had to turn on invert controls within the PS5 Settings UI rather than in-game? Or is it just not available period.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think a solution to the lack of in-match music would be to implement it as if it's coming from speakers within the stadiums, making use of the 3D Audio to give it a greater effect.

Is this a scenario like Astro's Playroom where you had to turn on invert controls within the PS5 Settings UI rather than in-game? Or is it just not available period.
I made sure Invert controls were enabled in my presets, but it doesn't do anything

MitchUK

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a couple of sessions now where the Voice Chat Activity Card doesn't appear. Why is everyone so bloody loud.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
How anyone successfully plays/wins Gridfall is beyond me. The car camera is simply too low to the ground for a mode like that

Jan 1, 2018
Madrid
I was just playing and the game suddenly kicked me out of the match I was on.

I closed the game and it has completely disappeared from my console. If I go to the store to find it again, it shows me Wipeout Omega Collection but then the DLCs there are the ones from Destruction All Stars.

WHAT.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
How anyone successfully plays/wins Gridfall is beyond me. The car camera is simply too low to the ground for a mode like that

My tactic: go straight for crystals, get your hero car, wreck some of the goofs that have just been driving in circles, now you got an extra life (or 2 - to be honest I don't know how or when I get extra lives). Make sure to collect more crystals if you lose your hero car, but by this point there's totally only a few of you left and it's just a matter of the slow hunt.

I really like Gridfall, I tend to end every game laughing, especially at some of the ways I've been launched into pits.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
I really like Gridfall, I tend to end every game laughing, especially at some of the ways I've been launched into pits.
Did a few matches of it earlier and yeah, have been spectacularly dropped into the pits. I don't think I've had a match yet that I haven't laughed or repeating obscenities as I try to find my next vehicle after a wreck lol.

Party chat does wonders as a temp fix for the voice chat bit but I didn't see a way to set up one where I just sit in a party chat by myself like on the PS4. Just started a voice chat with my brother who was offline and that seemed to work for it though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'd like to see better readability of team mates/opponents. The little orange/blue icon isn't really sufficient, especially when there's crazy stuff kicking off everywhere.

I feel like I'm constantly getting shunted by team mates and I can only assume that they can't easily tell who's an opponent and who's on their own team.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
My tactic: go straight for crystals, get your hero car, wreck some of the goofs that have just been driving in circles, now you got an extra life (or 2 - to be honest I don't know how or when I get extra lives). Make sure to collect more crystals if you lose your hero car, but by this point there's totally only a few of you left and it's just a matter of the slow hunt.

tenor.gif

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, deleted it. I tried a multiplayer match and it just... did not pull me in at all. It seems well made but I think the execution on the idea is just boring at best actively unfun at worst.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Day two and I'm still enjoying it and finding new ways to have fun with different characters despite the possibly misplaced sense of injustice I constantly feel.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just played a game of Carnado that was 8 (us) vs 2 (them)

Oops!

Was actually really hard to score because they were just two guys always on foot.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these character trophies are just annoying. Finally got Munas even though I did it like 5 times before. Think I'm going to move on to something else might come back later.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Just played a game of Carnado that was 8 (us) vs 2 (them)

Oops!

Was actually really hard to score because they were just two guys always on foot.
I lost a 8v3 yesterday for much the same reason lol. I also had a game where we were down like 120 points and in the last 30 seconds we went full ham and won by just 2 points, that was exhilarating lol.

Haha I'm just playing! ... But seriously, keep doing it, your lives serve as my fuel.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I think I'd like to see better readability of team mates/opponents. The little orange/blue icon isn't really sufficient, especially when there's crazy stuff kicking off everywhere.

I feel like I'm constantly getting shunted by team mates and I can only assume that they can't easily tell who's an opponent and who's on their own team.

Yeah, it is really hard to distinguish the enemy team from your own at high pace. i also overlook the on foot enemies often, they look like ants.

also i often don´t even know which team i am on, i have to use the trackpad to look it up. the font is super tiny in the scoreboard.

why doesn´t it say which team you are on when the match starts? or am i missing something

i think the main gripe i have with the game is definitely that the specials are not that unique, especially the on foot specials are useless and the car ones...well, it is just not outstanding enough, there isn´t something that makes you go "wooohooo, wow!"

i feel like there are no clutch plays or really skill based moments in this game, it just rolls along, it needs that special something that is missing.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it is really hard to distinguish the enemy team from your own at high pace. i also overlook the on foot enemies often, they look like ants.

also i often don´t even know which team i am on, i have to use the trackpad to look it up. the font is super tiny in the scoreboard.

why doesn´t it say which team you are on when the match starts? or am i missing something

I think you're always on Blue Team (Infinity)

you

Oct 28, 2017
This game is a lot of fun. Hope it gets support and can maintain a healthy player base.

alexwise

Nov 3, 2017
Netcode sucks. How many times I got hit by a "ghost" is crazy. Other cars go haywire right in front of you.

Moreover, wall running is unreliable. There were time when I scratched my head as to why am I'm not wall running as angle I attacked a wall at should've been fine. But no, wouldn't wall run.

Also, character trophies suck as they don't rely on you building your skill, but rely on you being at the right moment in the right place. Basically purely luck based and I hate it. Which makes getting trophies more frustrating, is that for some of them, I know for a fact, I fulfilled requirements several times, but they just won't unlock for me.

Got very frustrated because of everything mentioned above and won't be playing until they fix trophies and make them easier to unlock.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
I've tried half of the characters so far, and I'm so much better with the Jaguar head dude because of his 1-hit kill car it's not even funny.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting eye aches after playing this game for a while? Today and yesterday I get eye aches after an hour of play. I don't usually get this at all.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Lol. Played one game, had no idea what was happening. Everyone lagging and phasing around. Started another game, crashed. Cool.

edit: aight im too old for this. At least I can delete it.

Last edited:

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Quite enjoying this but I wish the cars were weightier feeling like destruction Derby. They just feel like they're driving on ice and impacts feel pretty flat

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell are people shaking me off so quick

Edit : oh you just shake the stick back and forth as fast as you can. Figured there was more to it than that. That needs to be adjusted

Last edited:

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I played for a few hours today. I had a lot of fun. This is exactly the type of game I needed right now. Even gave them $5 since I got it for "free."