• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
came here to ask the same, this is the worst feature ever having obnoxious people right in my face without even asking me
Yeah, as soon as I started a match I heard some guy screaming at the top of his lungs through my controller speaker while I have family asleep. It took me a bit to rush to close the game. There needs to be an option to shut voice chat off permanently.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
This is weird - often you're riding and you can't see oponents, like everyone lost their cars suddenly. Voice chat is awful, I want a disable option. Climbing stuff is wonky. The game can be fun when there's no lag but I feel like it's bloated with tons of unlocks that I have no interest in unlocking tbh. Characters aren't that different, really.

But the worst thing is - PAID FU***NG CHALLENGES? Seriously? In a 80$ game? This is a joke.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It does have some kind of burnout vibes, but is it very shallow. They need to patch in some stuff, I think.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I think its a bit early to see what kind of strategies or team play there is here... or lack of.

I was basically running around and collecting those pink crystal things to charge my special vehicle thing and using that as much as possible. You're able to hold more gears in that one as well so that was helping in carnado.

Taking out glowing vehicles (ones holding max gear) before they hit the carnado to bank them is pretty tense moment. Its kinda high risk high reward to fill up max gears because then you become a target. I think once you get 2 full teams of 8 with people who know what they're doing the matches might get a little more tense and competitive.

We crushed one team 700 to 50. Another match we lost by 2 points and people were yelling at each other to drive in the carnado for the 1 extra point. It was pretty fun.

Not sure if there's anything there for driving around with a teammate holding onto your car? I'm sure people might come up with some stuff.

Collecting the BREAK letters to get your whole team their special cars is helpful.

I dunno. I had fun playing with 4 people. I wasn't blown away but im willing to give it a little bit to see if there's more here than meets the eye. Nkt too sure about it though

sun-drop

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
wellington , new zealand
Played some more tonight, I think it's pretty awesome from a game mechanic pov. I'm actually enjoying the on foot stuff. The cars are not the focus and I'm hopping out of them on purpose just to launch myself to the next spot..it's really cool. And the game feels rock solid, not janky, I think that comes down to how well the cars animate and handle, and also the runners.

But not sure how long it will hold me for, I get a strong apex legends feel to it and yeh I guess that's what these kinda games do, it's a fresh start each time but also the same thing over and over.

But yeh fun game, I was meant to be playing days gone tonight but this side tracked me for most of it

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Only played the tutorial, so not much to say, other than the fact that the game not following the system-wide setting to Invert Y-axis for camera control is disappointing.

Made the tutorial way more unpleasant then you would want it to be because there's no way to change it in-game, and you instantly get put into it on first boot.

Nov 21, 2017
The game looks good and runs well. But it is just a bit... Dull? Currently it feels like a shallow pond. It might look nice, but there is no depth.

But we shall see. I will probably play a match or two here and there.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This is weird - often you're riding and you can't see oponents, like everyone lost their cars suddenly. Voice chat is awful, I want a disable option. Climbing stuff is wonky. The game can be fun when there's no lag but I feel like it's bloated with tons of unlocks that I have no interest in unlocking tbh. Characters aren't that different, really.

But the worst thing is - PAID FU***NG CHALLENGES? Seriously? In a 80$ game? This is a joke.
The challenges will probably be included in the paid version of the game. I'm guessing the Plus version has been stealthily turned in to a lite version of the game. But we'll see.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Played a few games and it doesn't seem great to be honest..feel like each hero should play a bit differently outside of the hero vehicles but they just have you in those generic cars.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
This game is so much fun in multiplayer!
But it needs more arenas, challanges and unlockables. Right now it's lacking content

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
Some small stuff I figured out today: when you do a roll before landing at the start of the game (and whenever you respawn), you get a speed boost which lets you get to the car faster.

There are also traps you can set to cars when on foot.

I wonder what is the skill ceiling of this game. Can you for instance jump from your car, wall run to collect crystals and jump right back in? Maybe this could be timed properly.

My first impressions were not so good, but maybe there are deeper mechanics in there and a good high level play. Let's see how it evolves. I'm not that good at it but I am having fun so far.

Big Brett

Dec 9, 2018
I had a pretty fun time with it. Won my first two matches of Mayhem, somehow. I chalk it up to it being launch morning and nobody knows what they're doing.

The game desperately needs mode descriptions. No idea what each mode entails. The cosmetics are horribly weak, but the character designs are ace. I think it could be a fun in-between game but I highly doubt this is the Rocket League some folks were thinking it might be. I don't think this will have the staying power.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Wonder how much of a flop this game would be if they sticked to full price only, probably not even 50k worlwide at full price and 50% discount by the third week.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the driving physics might be a sticking point for me going by the trailers last week (?) and yeah, they are. The cars just aren't fun to drive, which obviously kills the whole thing for me. The on-foot and hero aspects don't really do much for me either so I guess that's it. I really wish we'd just get more vehicle combat games or at least stuff like Destruction Derby.

Also the lack of music during the actual gameplay has to be a bug lol, it feels so bizarre.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
No music during the matches does seems a little out of place for such a high energy game. I think some tunes would do wonders in making it feel more exciting and energetic.

I get that it's maybe going for a sports feel thing but, to be fair, the game has characters jumping over cars, wall running, cars morphing in and magical special moves popping off all over. And music was a step too far in terms of realism?

Aardvarken

Dec 28, 2019

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the paid version will have those challenges unlocked, or come with enough currency to unlock them. Especially if it's still 70$. (not 80$, you're mixing your currencies up.)

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
No music during the matches does seems a little out of place for such a high energy game. I think some tunes would do wonders in making it feel more exciting and energetic.

I get that it's maybe going for a sports feel thing but, to be fair, the game has characters jumping over cars, wall running, cars morphing in and magical special moves popping off all over. And music was a step too far in terms of realism?

Time to test Spotify on ps5 I guess. Really bizarre decision not having music.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Played the tutorial and a couple online matches. Rough and unpolished is how I would describe it. Why does it seem like the audio is all jacked up online like a ton of effect noises or missing?

Ocelott

Oct 25, 2017
Game is fun. Reminds me of Destruction Derby with a touch of Rocket League. I don't understand the criticisms so far but not having music is probably the only one i would agree with.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Only played the tutorial, so not much to say, other than the fact that the game not following the system-wide setting to Invert Y-axis for camera control is disappointing.

Made the tutorial way more unpleasant then you would want it to be because there's no way to change it in-game, and you instantly get put into it on first boot.
We are in 2021 and the problem still exist.
I guess it's like tiny subtitles, it's intended to bother players.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Seems polished

Played a game and it's done nothing for me though, no interest to play it again for some reason

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
I had a quick go through the tutorial and a single multiplayer match. The controls of car and character feel really responsive and it was fun. Of course I need to play a few more matches to get a deeper idea of the mechanics but if you're a team of friends vs friends I can see how this would be a lot of fun.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Played 3 matches of Mayhem so far and i'm not feeling the gameplay, it really is not fun to me, in fact, the driving part looks like it's going to get old really fast (and so far it is quite boring). I also had to create a group chat with another account of mine to mute the screams of people.

And locking the story of the characters behind the premium currency is something else.

So pretty much this:
I'm level 5 now, won in every mode at least once and I think I'm kinda done with the game.
Progression feels awful, cosmetics are laughable and the mtx are horrible. It doesn't feel good in any way to invest time in here.
Shame, loved the dual sense feeling tho.
this game is just so boring and empty.

- great presentation and character design
- it looks great
- the best use of the dual sense outside of astro bot

however:
- the single player content is a fucking joke and you have to pay for it.
- the unlockables for each character...are they serious? there is just fucking nothing. different colors and lackluster emotes. this is not even bare minimum.
- no music in the game. at all. its just silent.
- there is no mayhem. it feels weirdly held back. you pretty much drive around the map and hope that an enemy is in front of you.
- there seems to be no challenge or tactic. i played 7 matches and won 5 of them. and i have no idea how. i was terrible.

there is no need for me to continue: all the maps feel identical, the unlockables are a joke, gameplay is lackluster.

I might be done with it already.

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't get why there's the on foot gameplay. Seems like it's just there to show off the characters. The most you can do is a QTE.. And who likes QTEs anymore?

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I hate those tiny curb high "walls". I want more sweet jumps that encourage mid air collisions. Toss some spikes in those pits and jack up the ESRB while we're at it.

Will play more tomorrow... or later today. It gets more fun with time.