• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
Gave me real rocket league vibes. I'm not a fan of rocket league, but the additional variety makes this more fun for me. Got slaughtered in my first game, cause evidently I suck at this weird vehicle arcade sub-genre, but it was fun.

Deleted member 75738

User-requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Once the game leaves the PS+ offer, are we going to have to pay for it?

Or is it like the other titles the service offer, available while you have the subscription on?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm level 5 now, won in every mode at least once and I think I'm kinda done with the game.
Progression feels awful, cosmetics are laughable and the mtx are horrible. It doesn't feel good in any way to invest time in here.
Shame, loved the dual sense feeling tho.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
After a couple hours in and...they really thought of selling it for 80 euros in Europe? Damn...

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this game is addictive. So much fun to wreck people when you time it just right.
Got my first victory with a last second smash, felt exhilarating.

P.S. People in chat are having a really good time, some are even offering "accolades" to one another.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to level 6 and I'm already thinking I'm done. You get 1k for every level and the higher stuff is like 8k. With the legendary stuff being 16k. Way overpriced and the game is also lacking in content.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
this game is just so boring and empty.

- great presentation and character design
- it looks great
- the best use of the dual sense outside of astro bot

however:
- the single player content is a fucking joke and you have to pay for it.
- the unlockables for each character...are they serious? there is just fucking nothing. different colors and lackluster emotes. this is not even bare minimum.
- no music in the game. at all. its just silent.
- there is no mayhem. it feels weirdly held back. you pretty much drive around the map and hope that an enemy is in front of you.
- there seems to be no challenge or tactic. i played 7 matches and won 5 of them. and i have no idea how. i was terrible.

there is no need for me to continue: all the maps feel identical, the unlockables are a joke, gameplay is lackluster.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
this game is just so boring and empty.

- great presentation and character design
- it looks great
- the best use of the dual sense outside of astro bot

however:
- the single player content is a fucking joke and you have to pay for it.
- the unlockables for each character...are they serious? there is just fucking nothing. different colors and lackluster emotes. this is not even bare minimum.
- no music in the game. at all. its just silent.
- there is no mayhem. it feels weirdly held back. you pretty much drive around the map and hope that an enemy is in front of you.
- there seems to be no challenge or tactic. i played 7 matches and won 5 of them. and i have no idea how. i was terrible.

there is no need for me to continue: all the maps feel identical, the unlockables are a joke, gameplay is lackluster.
Pretty much sums up my experience and feelings for this game.

Might be the worst PS exclusive since Playstation Allstars

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this feels like something that has zero staying power. I feel drained after a few hours, there's just no good hook here.

The bank mode is the closest to hitting something with more interplay between being on foot to deposit and pick up scrap, but the matches feel like they have so much dead air and seem aimless on actually impacting and swinging a match.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
No. It remains yours for as long as you're a PS+ subscriber.

Should you no longer sub to PS+, then you would need to buy it in order to play it again.

Is it though? I think if you sub again, you can play it again. So it's basically, as long as you are subbed to PS+ you can play it. Only for the time you aren't subbed, you can't play.
Since it's a Multiplayer game, you need PS+ to play it anyways.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the store page means by 'Vibration function required''

I didn't notice anything last night from the games I played but anything in there gameplay-wise that would not really work without vibration?

uCFqoGg.jpg

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I hope you can invert the Y axis on foot later on because in the 2 mins i was in the tutorial, you couldn't.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it though? I think if you sub again, you can play it again. So it's basically, as long as you are subbed to PS+ you can play it. Only for the time you aren't subbed, you can't play.

Yeah that's what I meant. You need to be subbed to PS+ and it remains yours whilever you are. If you aren't subbed to PS+ and want to play, then you'd need to own it via a bought copy.

Although as you say, yeah, I believe you'd need PS+ to play it anyway so it's likely a moot point.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

It's got single player content in it. You could definitely load it up and play stuff without being subbed to PS+ if you owned the game.

You probably wouldn't (because it's obviously a multiplayer-first game) but, like something like Rocket League, you could totally play through the single player stuff without playing with others if you so desired.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
there is zero content for you to buy. no skins, costumes...there is just nothing.
this will never fly in the f2p genre.
I'm sure it wont be too long for that stuff to be added. They probably didn't want to launch a paid game and immediately have a bunch of stuff you can buy with real money at launch, even a publisher like Activision doesn''t immediately dropped paid skins when they launch a new CoD.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it wont be too long for that stuff to be added. They probably didn't want to launch a paid game and immediately have a bunch of stuff you can buy with real money at launch, even a publisher like Activision doesn''t immediately dropped paid skins when they launch a new CoD.

Pretty sure it does have a bunch of stuff to buy with real money now. Skins, emotes, the single player stuff etc.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
I played a couple of games and uninstalled. I have no damning observations - everything seems to work as intended, controls well, nice presentation, etc. It's just not for me. Hard to say why, but I could just tell it wasn't a game I was likely to gel with.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Really like the designs, but the game itself is... kinda boring? I can't think of any real strategy to use. Just driving around hoping to hit something and not get hit.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Played a few games, wasn't really feeling it. The driving felt pretty bad even after messing with my dead zones.

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
For a game banking on a chaotic atmosphere and colorful personalities, this game feels really empty without any sort of in-match music.
dang, this game needs some in match music. the sound is so muted once you're actually playig compared to the pregame menus.

Wait, really? You would have thought this kind of game would absolutely have some hype music playing during the matches.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The more I play, the more I feel like this is a much less ambitious, barebones and pretty by-the-numbers take on the car combat genre.

The lack of oomph to the combat, fun to the driving and soundtrack (!?) is pretty weird.

I don't get why I'd play something like this over the likes of OnRush, which also failed but was super fun and had tons of personality that didn't rely on heroes.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
This game is boring. I'm not mad bc it's on PS Plus but there's so little incentive to do anything. I'd rather redownload Onrush and play it on PS5. At least that game has intensity and some personality.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Been playing an he, already getting a bit bored, it's not terrible, but could have been so much better.

I imagine in a large group it would be good fun.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do you release a game in 2021 with no option to turn off voice chat. lol

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After like 90min with it this game seems aggressively "okay". For a game that is supposed to be all about personality, it's really got none outside of the character designs. The music isn't special, the skins for the characters are almost all just color swaps, the maps are pretty indistinguishable. Even the car physics and wrecks aren't bad but they don't feel great. Burnout this is not, in that regard. The single-player stuff is braindead simple and on top of that they want you to pay to unlock it. lol

Okay game but I don't really feel compelled to play more of it at all.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm really impressed with this game visually. Really clean image quality, bright and colourful and a locked 60fps.

As a sandbox it's fun to drive around but not really enjoying it much yet beyond that. Will give it a bit more time tonight.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
the more I play the more i like it. There is a learning curve tho.
I waited for a game like this for so long

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
I'm really impressed with this game visually. Really clean image quality, bright and colourful and a locked 60fps.

As a sandbox it's fun to drive around but not really enjoying it much yet beyond that. Will give it a bit more time tonight.
It's definitely not locked 60fps.

Sony is taking their sweet ass time with VRR update. It would help so many games.
Its an activity card once you enter a lobby.
This is the first time I'm playing true PS5 game online so had no idea it was hidden there. Still seems weird not having a single button in-game to mute everybody, though.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to mute voice chat? I don't want to hear other people, especially through my controller speaker.

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
How do you reliably shake off opponents of your car? When I do it, it goes mich slower when others are on my car?