• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anumariku

Jan 8, 2020
Echo chamber at this point, but certainly a great choice. It seems like it could be really fun, but the style of the game seems like one that should be f2p. Looking forward to trying this out now!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, great move for the devs. I was really worried for Lucid Games - the hype for this game seemed minuscule and Sony were charging $70. Hopefully it finds some success.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Good decision, what little they've shown of this game looks fun but it was basically being sent out to die.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda hate they put stuff behind PS+ instead of just making them F2P, where they'd make a lot more as. Anyway the game will benefit greatly from this, so it's at least better than no " free" version.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This honestly makes sense. It seemed insane that they were asking full price for a multiplayer game and yet refused to show it off in any meaningful capacity before launch. Doing the Rocket League route for it definitely makes sense to me.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Great move!

I had zero interest in checking it out for $, now I'll for sure check it out!

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Good move all around. Interest around this game as a launch title appeared to be 0%, and it would've been questionable at full price.

PS Plus in a less crowded release window will give it the best chance to succeed.

It will be available for TWO months, new trailer and details next week
OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Since maybe someone won't read the OP or the Blog post:
where it will be included for two months in PlayStation Plus at no additional cost.

Next week, we'll return with a brand-new trailer and more details on the game, so you'll know exactly what to expect when you download it in February.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Sony listened to feedback, this game was going to bomb at that price.

The only other "new" next gen only game for launch, Godfall, should also be on Playstation Plus. I think I will get a subscription to Plus and build my PS5 library before getting a PS5 (I don't have a PS4), is this possible to do on the PC website?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Smart idk if it would have done well at launch for 70

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thank god. While looking fun it definitly wasnt looking like 80 bucks of fun.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Very good decision based on the feedback I saw on this site. Looking forward to this (as long as I get a PS5 before February).

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
good choice, it has it´s best chances out there as a PS+/20$ game to try to be the next Rocketleague or Fallguys.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The PS5 already has a robust launch, so it should be fine. And as you all said, this will probably help the game a lot.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
This move solved 3 issues for the game

- Release on a crowded season
- lack of hype
- price

Totally the right call 👍🏼

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm assuming pre-orders were very poor for this game to consider doing this (and making it part of PS Plus) so close to launch.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm happy for this for a ton of reasons, especially because of the diverse cast now this game is going to go nuts for those two months free on PS5. I'm all for it.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, when the last time Sony showed the game was a photo mode, saying they couldn't find the time for a match for a video they made with no particular time restriction, I'm guessing it wasn't looking great

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn smart move. Ok, I'm definitely gonna peep this when it drops then on PS PLus.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Called this one from a mile away. They've shown nothing for it. It was always suspicious for a new IP to have zero idea how it played 2 weeks out. I always thought it should be at least a $40 title or a PS+ title.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
maybe those with the bundle that had the game in it either gets a saving or their bundle cancelled.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Good call. Fall Guys and Genshin are there proving that this is a better model for this kind of game. Also, just to heads up, the game has a single player portion too. There's more info in the official page:

www.playstation.com

Destruction AllStars - Exclusive PS5 Game | PlayStation - PS5 Games | PlayStation®

Pile on the destruction from behind the wheel or on-foot in the global phenomenon that is Destruction AllStars.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
thing is that at its original plan, the game's servers would have been dead instantly with that price point, so it couldnt have assisted the launch at all either way, this is the best decision to go with.