• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know they were going to start a remake on 2 already, that's pretty fast. It must have sold well?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Never played the game back in the days. Maybe its time to try it out finally.

Surprised at how well the game has held its price btw

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
www.psu.com

Destroy All Humans Update 1.08 Adds PS5 60 FPS Support And Free Outfits - PlayStation Universe

Destroy All Humans Update 1.08 is now out and it adds PS5 60 FPS support to the game, alongside some free outfits to equip while you play.

This apparently dropped in the last 24 hours. Can't find anything online about a Series X update, guessing it's backwards compatibility probably already does that.
It was 60 even on X1 anyway. Or maybe only X1X, idk.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know they were going to start a remake on 2 already, that's pretty fast. It must have sold well?
I only saw the steam reviews (and there's a decent amount of them), looking good!?
store.steampowered.com

Destroy All Humans! on Steam

The cult-classic returns! Terrorize the people of 1950's Earth in the role of the evil alien Crypto-137. Harvest their DNA and bring down the US government in the faithful remake of the legendary alien invasion action adventure. Annihilate puny humans using an assortment of alien weaponry and...

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
Not even apple to oranges, you're comparing trucks to sea lions at this point.
The point is a remastered game with relatively low budget and resources does provide a 60fps patch, but the biggest first party studio with gazillions of budget don't care to do it at least for a game that was released in 2020.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome, just bought this on sale on PSN like a day ago.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Smart move. With the expected lull in video game releases due to covid I hope many devs take the opportunity to put out a PS5 patch for older game, the payback on the investment must be there, you get a bit of free marketing and a bump in sales.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Here's your patch notes. Looks like it's unlocked the framerate on PS4 (maybe a toggle?) so that PS5 users can use that and also recieved a resolution/details enhancement for Series X folk. Game already ran at 60fps on Xbox.

I think both versions (even Pro/One X) were 1080p before this patch.

Destroy All Humans! Update 1.08 Patch Notes
  • 3 new free skins (all platforms): Ain't No Man, Worst Nightmare, Midas Touch
  • PS4 patch to unlock FPS restrictions (this will help players on PS5 as well)
  • X1X patch for improved details
  • XSX patch for improved resolution and details
  • Silhouette fight tweaks (all platforms)
  • Decreased difficulty on the final boss fight
  1. Toned down enemy reinforcement spawns
  2. Slightly increased the time Crypto has to get into cover
  3. Slightly reduced Silhouette's Shock-O-Mator beam damage and sweep speed
  4. Removed particle exploder mines that spawn in proximity to Crypto
  • Soldier and Power Suit Grenades balancing tweaks (all platforms)
  1. Increased damage dealt to enemies by enemy grenades.
  • Crypto tweaks (all platforms)
  1. Ion Detonator Upgrade
  2. Lowered the slowdown and duration of the Ion Detonator's Temporal Distortionator upgrade and increased its shield regen multiplier.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's in sale on Xbox. How is it now on serie x ? 4k60?

As above, it was 1080p/60 on Xbox One X/Series X and 1080p/30 on PS4/PS5 before this patch but the patch notes say:

So who know what it's at now.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's your patch notes. Looks like it's unlocked the framerate on PS4 (maybe a toggle?) so that PS5 users can use that and also recieved a resolution/details enhancement for Series X folk. Game already ran at 60fps on Xbox.

I think both versions (even Pro/One X) were 1080p before this patch.

Destroy All Humans! Update 1.08 Patch Notes
  • 3 new free skins (all platforms): Ain't No Man, Worst Nightmare, Midas Touch
  • PS4 patch to unlock FPS restrictions (this will help players on PS5 as well)
  • X1X patch for improved details
  • Silhouette fight tweaks (all platforms)
  • Decreased difficulty on the final boss fight
  1. Toned down enemy reinforcement spawns
  2. Slightly increased the time Crypto has to get into cover
  3. Slightly reduced Silhouette's Shock-O-Mator beam damage and sweep speed
  4. Removed particle exploder mines that spawn in proximity to Crypto
  • Soldier and Power Suit Grenades balancing tweaks (all platforms)
  1. Increased damage dealt to enemies by enemy grenades.
  • Crypto tweaks (all platforms)
  1. Ion Detonator Upgrade
  2. Lowered the slowdown and duration of the Ion Detonator's Temporal Distortionator upgrade and increased its shield regen multiplier.

No Series S enhancement???? Bullshit

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Wow, I had no idea this was released. I've never played a Destroy All Humans! game before and I considered buying the PS4 remaster about a year and a half ago. I ultimately decided not to purchase it because the combination of older gameplay and graphics was likely going to relegate it to the very bottom of my backlog, even though gameplay and tone generally appealed to me.

This remake version looks like it does enough with graphical and QoL improvements to make me definitely buy it now.