• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

This Week on Stadia: Play PAC-MAN instantly, Immortals Fenyx Rising returns and your Destiny awaits

New games on Stadia! PAC-MAN Mega Tunnel Battle: 64 players enter the maze, but only one PAC-MAN will be left standing in the end. PAC-MAN Mega Tunnel Battle is ready to buy in the Stadia store for $19.99 USD or €19.99. On November 19, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands arrives. You and your...

Destiny 2 for all

Starting November 19 at 9 AM PT, everyone on Stadia can play Destiny 2 for free. This play for free version of Destiny 2 begins your legend with a large variety of activities – from cooperative quests to competitive modes, challenging endgame activities, and more. Even if you're not a Stadia Pro member, you'll be able to take part in the core Destiny 2 experience.

Also, just a reminder that as of November 19, Destiny 2: The Collection will no longer be available to claim on Stadia Pro. Destiny 2: The Collection includes tons of great extra Destiny 2 content like Destiny 2: Forsaken and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, so if for some reason you haven't added it to your Stadia Pro library yet, don't wait! Once you claim a game in Stadia Pro, it stays yours as long as you maintain your subscription.

This version is compatible with the same cross-save functionality as consoles/PC.

Crayta: Premium Edition will also be free (though for a limited time though) too.
Crayta: Premium Edition - Get it for FREE through November 24!

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Good move. If nothing else it gives people a commitment free way to see how the platform works for them.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose you won't be able to play the expansions on this even if you activate cross play in your account and have access to the expansions on game pass, right?

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I suppose you won't be able to play the expansions on this even if you activate cross play in your account and have access to the expansions on game pass, right?
From Bungie's Cross Save FAQ:

Do my previous game purchases transfer across platforms?
Destiny 2 expansions (ex: Forsaken, Shadowkeep) do not transfer between platforms with Cross Save. Destiny 2 Season Passes (ex: Season of the Undying) do move between platforms on the characters they were redeemed on.*

*Exception: Destiny 2: The Collection on Stadia includes Season Pass access at no additional charge. Players who have Cross Save enabled with their Stadia account who would like to access Seasonal content on other platforms (PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam) will need to purchase those Season Passes directly on one of those platforms.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Is Stadia available in browsers yet? Might try this. Don't really want D2 hogging 150 gigs )or however big it is now) on my SSD.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it's been available on Chrome since day 1.

Noice. Thanks.

Isn't Stadia all about NOT downloading anything?

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not having to keep the install around in case I want to dip in for a bit.

Hmm. Well that's a lot more reasonable than I expected. Could've sworn it was like 100-something gigs last time I had it installed.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
What the hell this is actually legit amazing - just play Destiny 2 for no investment whatsoever outside of time. Or at least it will be if the service ever launches here.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
What the hell this is actually legit amazing - just play Destiny 2 for no investment whatsoever outside of time. Or at least it will be if the service ever launches here.
Yep, I don't think anyone has tried this yet. Streaming gaming has always been locked behind some sorta paywall (whether that be a subscription or license cost). It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and if Google expands its F2P library.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to see what I claimed when I had a Stadia Pro trial if I no longer have Stadia Pro? Would hate to lose out on claiming Destiny 2 The Collection.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
The hilarity of the mod warning I just got is that my clan has actually used Stadia free 1 month memberships to play while away. So I actually have used this service before.
Eh, no more hilarious than if I were to make a drive-by, low effort post on one of the Xbox/Playstation threads. If that's your only input then it's probably best to not even reply.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Given how much content they gutted from the base game I'm not even sure how much there is to actually do in the free version now.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. Well that's a lot more reasonable than I expected. Could've sworn it was like 100-something gigs last time I had it installed.
A lot of content was removed from the game when the new expansion released last week, so they were able to cut down the filesize by a large margin.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
This will become a lot more appealing to me next year when cross-play gets added to the game, unless Gamepass streaming is also available in browsers by that time.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Interesting, but without crossplay, will this announcement raise the player count?

EDIT: This is just vanilla Destiny 2 with no expansion packs?