• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Full Third person view. Stop freaking teasing me. I want to play the whole game in third person view.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
This guy is on to something, Luke Smith, pls hire
All mostly unrealistic "wants" of mine but i feel it would all make Destiny more fun to play and overall a more fun and playtime-respecting place to "be".

And Luke Smith... I'll work real hard i promise! I'm in Quality Assurance but could fit that right in with my creative side. ;P lol

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
To be more like Borderlands in every way, particular when it comes to loot variety and matchmaking/CPU allies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be more like Borderlands in every way, particular when it comes to loot variety and matchmaking/CPU allies.
Good god, no!

Destiny has its own unique style, Borderlands is great but after going back to BL2, I came to the realisation that bring showered with loot is not a good thing, because then the loot devalued and disposable.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
use spaces like the infinite forest to pull in older content

The infinite forest is such a wasted potential. I know that there are probably considerable technical reasons why they couldn't mix tilesets from different planets due to loading texture memory concerns, but it would be amazing if this actually worked something like Nephalim Rifts in Diablo and you hopped from one location to another for each node. At minimum though, they should be using it as the in-lore mechanism by which we replay old story content.They had the perfect setup for that by the end of Curse of Osiris and just never followed through on it.

- Overhaul the endgame progression loop to be more than just chasing an arbitrary power cap that keeps on increasing faster than most of the population can even catch up. Given how they just straight up gave people quests to boost them up in power when the season of the drifter dropped, I think they know this is an issue, but these sort of band aid solutions barely help.

- Honestly, just overhaul power entirely. It's such a boring and utterly confusing system that does nothing but place arbitrary progression gates on content. It's literally just a system that says: "unless you have an x amount of points, you can't play this". Except that it does different things depending on the mode you play, and the game never even bothers to explain these differences so you need dataminers and people running experiments to even know what the hell power even does.

I reached the level cap early this season for the first time since i started playing, and it's just so much more liberating to not just be focused on ticking that number up that I can actually do activities I enjoy, or focus on exotic quests or targeting better rolls on my chosen loadout. I would so much prefer a more horizontal progression mechanism like Warframe, not just chasing the next number and looking like a hobo with mismatched armor while I do it. I doubt they'll ever completely redo that system though, so at a minimum, they should just relabel as "Light" instead of "Power", which was one of the dumbest changes they made from D1 to D2, and everyone still calls it Light Level anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
What would you think if Destiny moved to a monthly price but all content was included for everyone and it was fully cross platform?

Let's say it would be around ÂŁ5 a month
I'd point and laugh. They don't have the content to justify a subscription, and on top of that they've just lost two sizable development teams that were helping with content.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
- Make more content for casual PvE endgame players with matchmaking support. They got a bit better here, but still not really. Right now, unless you're hardcore enough to get raid groups going, there's not that much content out there that's actually fun to play. How many people actually raid in this game, and is it enough to justify making most of the endgame content purely raids? I'm guessing not.

As a primarily solo player, I've resigned myself that I'm not likely to experience much raid content on regular basis, but I really just want some opportunity to interact with those environments and lore; would love it if they started using those maps for other solo-able quests.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Good god, no!

Destiny has its own unique style, Borderlands is great but after going back to BL2, I came to the realisation that bring showered with loot is not a good thing, because then the loot devalued and disposable.
Well some people like a meta that doesn't revolve around using only these certain 10 guns and this specific gear setup that you have to grind this specific activity on these specific days in order for people on the internet to allow you to play in this specific mission or game mode.

Destiny feels more like a job as-is, except I don't get paid for playing it. One of many reasons I won't be buying the next Destiny and I haven't bought the year pass. There is a reason Borderlands 3 has more features to encourage people to share their gear setups...with Destiny this would only lead to shaming 90% of the time (BUT HOW CAN YOU COMPLETE THIS RAID WITHIN THIS AMOUNT OF TIME WITH THAT TRASH???!??)

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Better have a whisper/zero hour quest every month if they are doing that.
Yeah if i was paying $5-10/month it would only be for something like monthly (1) Whisper/Perfected quests (1) new MP map and (2) "side" missions (6) new weapons (6) new armor pieces (individual - let's get beyond full "sets" with D3).

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Simple: Make everything in the game soloable. What that means is that every player can do every activity without having to manually browse forums or similar to find people to do content with.

Make a scrub-mode for the raids for all i care as long as it means everyone gets to experience everything. Don't lock the best items behind hard mode stuff either, give the core players stuff like cosmetics or similar for doing the harder stuff.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Simple: Make everything in the game soloable. What that means is that every player can do every activity without having to manually browse forums or similar to find people to do content with.

Make a scrub-mode for the raids for all i care as long as it means everyone gets to experience everything. Don't lock the best items behind hard mode stuff either, give the core players stuff like cosmetics or similar for doing the harder stuff.
I mean I played the game for 5 hours solo last night. Raids will never be dumbed down for solo players, the whole point of raids is team work
They catered to the casuals in destiny 2 and it back fired tremendously. They gave everything away. The best weapons should be difficult to get.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017

While i understand and to an extent, agree, i feel that could be a tricky balance. It's like giving players an different path to earning Not Forgotten for PvE players.... and all the hard-core sweaty PvP mains will (and have at even the thought) riot.

There's some serious E-pride players associate with Destiny accomplishments for some players. (not me personally)

I think different raid or end-game content difficulties would be great. Eliminate and or simplify some mechanics, turn down damage/increase resistance, and allow the less skilled or less serious to experience a "version" of the raid or end-game activity. Maybe hold back on the reward and keep the special shiny weapons and armor for the "real" difficulty but at least allow for a "i just want to experience a version of the content" mode. You wont get anywhere near the real experience and shouldn't be rewarded as such but it will give you an idea or a taste that might be enough for some people.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well some people like a meta that doesn't revolve around using only these certain 10 guns and this specific gear setup that you have to grind this specific activity on these specific days in order for people on the internet to allow you to play in this specific mission or game mode.

Destiny feels more like a job as-is, except I don't get paid for playing it. One of many reasons I won't be buying the next Destiny and I haven't bought the year pass. There is a reason Borderlands 3 has more features to encourage people to share their gear setups...with Destiny this would only lead to shaming 90% of the time (BUT HOW CAN YOU COMPLETE THIS RAID WITHIN THIS AMOUNT OF TIME WITH THAT TRASH???!??)
You act like borderlands 2 didn't have must have end game guns and shields? You had to farm some of those bosses over and over again to get those guns. Once you hit end game, you chase

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
As a primarily solo player, I've resigned myself that I'm not likely to experience much raid content on regular basis, but I really just want some opportunity to interact with those environments and lore; would love it if they started using those maps for other solo-able quests.

Actually, that's a really good point. People go on and on about how Forsaken has a great story/lore, and I guess it does. But unless you play the raid, you'll have no idea about what was even going on in the ending of the solo campaign. unless you just go and read the lore somewhere else.

Or maybe that was just my experience because I never played Destiny 1. All I know is that the ending of Forsaken made no sense to me at all and felt incredibly anticlimactic.

And obviously Leviathan is basically the real ending of the original campaign. Or so I assume anyway, because it's not like I ever actually played it. And Last Wish is probably the same for Forsaken.

Dec 28, 2017
Please no more Destiny recycling content. I don't want Destiny 3 because I'm afraid that will se destiny 1/2 coming back. Do something different or do something else.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
You act like borderlands 2 didn't have must have end game guns and shields? You had to farm some of those bosses over and over again to get those guns. Once you hit end game, you chase
But no one cared. When you got into matchmaker, there wasn't someone asking to see your gear and shaming you or whatnot. People just play the game...you matchmake, join a game, and that's it. Don't like who you are playing with? Leave and find someone else. If I'm playing that boss for the 3rd time to level up and you are playing it for the 100th to get gear, no one cares in Borderlands. The need for specific gear to do things isn't there.

The wide variety and frequency of loot in Borderlands, and the "culture" around it, allows anyone to play anyway they want, without having to be in some "in-crowd of loot" so to speak.

There's some serious E-pride players associate with Destiny accomplishments for some players. (not me personally)

Yup, exactly what I'm referring to.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Your post is asking one thing, but addressing two different things which are
  • What do you want to see happen to Destiny 2?
  • What do you want to see happen to the series going forward?
IMO Forsaken is basically the best the series has ever been, especially from a narrative standpoint, and it got that way by Bungie taking an opportunity to just try a bunch of different things and seeing which resonated with players.

I want them to look at whatever they do next year for Destiny 2's last legs as another opportunity to test even more out all the of the weird shit they've been thinking about; more smaller weekly narrative beats, more interesting player choices between morally ambiguous factions, more allied Fallen, more secret timed missions to rob cryptarch vaults, more golden gun duels against Hive gunsmiths, and maybe even a space hobo cooking minigame with Drifter.

I definitely do not want them to stick with D2 as the client for the rest of its lifespan, though.

The future of Destiny is in making an iterative client that carries our characters and progress across platforms and services. Let PS4 players play with Xbob players, and PC players too outside of the Crucible. After they do that, they can use the Vex as a convenient excuse to let us travel in time back to old content – either literally or as faithfully recreated simulations, either is fine to me.

By the end of this series I want to see everything ever released playable in the same client, preserved in a single (enormous!) download that represents the cumulative sum of everything they've ever learned in tandem with the players who love this series.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
But no one cared. When you got into matchmaker, there wasn't someone asking to see your gear and shaming you or whatnot. People just play the game...you matchmake, join a game, and that's it. Don't like who you are playing with? Leave and find someone else. If I'm playing that boss for the 3rd time to level up and you are playing it for the 100th to get gear, no one cares in Borderlands. The need for specific gear to do things isn't there.

The wide variety and frequency of loot in Borderlands, and the "culture" around it, allows anyone to play anyway they want, without having to be in some "in-crowd of loot" so to speak.

Yup, exactly what I'm referring to.
The culture of "duping" in Borderlands is certainly something to be proud of.

Plus borderlands doesn't have PvP. So you have no where to bring the cool guns you get. Borderlands 3 looks great, I'll be playing if, but it won't be a thing I'll be playing for 4 years

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
The culture of "duping" in Borderlands is certainly something to be proud of.

Plus borderlands doesn't have PvP. So you have no where to bring the cool guns you get. Borderlands 3 looks great, I'll be playing if, but it won't be a thing I'll be playing for 4 years
Who said anything about duping or PvP? The loot is fine in Borderlands without duping, IMO. No one relies on guns from duping. And literally nothing in my posts said anything about PvP.

People are just giving opinions on what they would like in the next Destiny. Why are you stalking my posts like I am attacking you personally, and your making assumptions and putting words in my mouth? If you like Destiny as-is that's fine, no one is attacking that or saying Destiny sucks.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
On a straight gameplay aspect:

- Allow players to tap in more to the power of the Light, instead of just waiting for a yellow bar to fill up. The mini abilities fleshed out with Foresaken DLC, was a step in the right direction but felt very limited as they were locked to specific skill trees and there wasn't enough of them and they weren't really powerful.

- Unify the Skill tree on Classes. Why do I have to open up the main menu to change to different Ults? If there is 2 or 3 Ultimates available for the Hunter Nightstalker class (Void Legolas Bow, Black Hole Bow, Spectral Blades), allow us to access them in real time with out having to pop up a menu in-game and leave myself plain open to attack for 12 seconds. Full access to our class abilities on-the-fly needs to become the standard.

- Can we get Akimbo guns?. More Melee-centric weapons such Lighting / Void Whips, etc

- Expand and flesh out melee attacks. Let us throw objects in our environment at enemies. Like cars or trucks at them during combat. Allow us to do a chokehold in Stealth if we want to clear out enemy camps silently. Or silently slit enemy throats with our melee knifes, etc. Than just the usual guns blazing approach.

- Embrace RPG elements. Flesh out character customization with meaningful additions. Give more body, hair and face customization options for our Guardians, let us physically mod our Weapons with meaningful parts, Armor enhancements that expand the physical gameplay aspect (not just boost our guns)

- Give us the ability to manually control our ships in an open world and go to space with them. It's time for Destiy to level up on this aspect. Our ships mainly serve to get us automatically from point A to B and we don't even know how they look like on the inside. Give us full control of them and allow us to explore planets and space manually with them.

Last edited:

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I love and hate Destiny. I love the lore, artstyle, locations, enemies and "feel" you get on these planets. I hate most mission structures and the repetitiveness of it and the time-gating.
  • I'd want to see a completely and separately balanced PvP experience.
  • Bring in all (or as much) of the old D1 and D2 locations, strikes/missions and raids as possible. Ideally id love the content from all games to continually remain available and added-to each new Destiny game. That would be amazing!
  • More enemy factions/types.
  • Player controllable flight in ships be that in orbit or to and from locations in space.
  • Ship customization with reliance on new ship movement - cant get to planet-X yet over here until i build/find a better heat shield for my ship etc.
  • More RPG element and deep armor/weapon customization instead of just a few sets/weapons. Would love to see abilities tied to armor and armor sets.
  • Straight copy Division's armor (and weapon attachments while were at it) set idea where 1-6 pieces of armor of a set/brand does XYZ depending on how many you have on at a time. You might want to run a full set of Omolon armor or 2 pieces of Omolon (10% bonus crit dmg), 2 Hakke (10% better jump height) 2 Vex-reclamation (melee stuns and slow enemy) etc.
  • More differentiation between weapons and more powerful and unique exotics.
  • Give the player a feeling of absolute power towards level cap at the end. Let us crush everything but the hardest challenge difficulty when were're fully leveled up.
  • A game that is not tailored for professional gamers and streamers who play 8 hours a day.
  • Less "collect a bunch of things" to do new thing. Dont inflate new content with having to do a bunch of old content grinding.
  • More Whisper and Outbreak style missions. More secrets and hidden things to find and do. Dreaming City promised this but was a bust IMO.
  • Matchmaking and fully integrated LFG for ALL activities from the most humble small quest to everything other than raids or raid level content. In addition to MM allow in-game LFG for all content esp. catered to end-game high level stuff like raids.
  • More... everything Destiny i cant get enough :)
I'm not sure how I feel about controllable ships and having to actually fly to planets (I'd want it to be a minigame at most, not something you actually spend several minutes doing, like a space sim) and I'm hesitant to say yes to automatic raid matchmaking because I don't trust them not to let that affect their raid design, but otherwise this sums up my thoughts and wishes for the game exactly.

The only things I'd add to the list are
  • Delete Eververse forever. Add more cosmetics (including shaders, emotes, ships, sparrows, ghost shells, and ornaments) that can be earned from triumphs and activities rather than just sticking 98% of the cosmetics into Eververse.
  • Take a page from Anthem (I know, but hear me out) on the character visual customization. That system of being able to pick colors (using a color picker!) and materials for each individual part of my armor and have my armor appearance be separate from my stats is exactly what I've wanted from Destiny all along, not the janky shader system that never quite applies the way I want and never quite has the color combo I want.

Also, maybe weird, but I kinda want them to put out one more game that's "Destiny: Subtitle" instead of "Destiny 3" (since "Destiny" is taken) that is the one to bring all the content from Destiny 1 and 2 together, and then have that one be the one they update for the lifetime of the IP, rather than Destiny 2, just because having the number on the end bothers me. "Destiny" really should have been one 10-year game to begin with, MMO-style, instead of broken up into multiple games. :/

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Yikes, the leaks suggest the game will become significantly tougher, go make some friends. You have time still.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Make it less of a grind. This Destiny/Division style gameplay never appealed to me. I would also like smaller arena style maps like Halo.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Raids that actually have multiple bosses and focus on shooting.

Vault of glass was perfect.

D2 first raid was a load of shit with stupid mechanics for the sake of mechanics. It simply wasn't fun.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I stopped playing after I finished the Forsaken content and got to 600 power.

I like to play it for the story missions and strikes. I've never had a raid. I don't do too many exotic gear quests.

I might jump back in if they add like Space ship combat and traversal. Instead of a loading screen, have me fly around space and planets. I want agency over the ship.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Shared/open world with interplanetary travel (having your ship be more than a cosmetic would be awesome)

Less FOMO type quests or events.

Stop designing the game around "pro" players and people who can play for 8+ hours a day. When you're lucky enough to play a few hours a week, the sheer amount of busywork/filler is overwhelming.

Reduce RNG. I get that it's the nature of the beast, but at least let us pick weapon or armor rewards, a la D1.

A greater sense of exploration with more things/NPC's to interact with.

No blind boxes in Eververse. Or at least give people the option of buying whatever they want directly.

Endgame content designed for the solo player. Rewards don't have to be as powerful as raids, but give people the option at least.

There's a lot more. And I don't expect any positive changes to come for D3. The gameplay itself is so satisfying, but the loop leaves me feeling so cynical.

OP
OP
PenultimateFantasy
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK

Totally agree. I'm not really a multiplayer person but I do strikes with randos

Would like to try a raid but they seem so complicated to do with strangers

OP
OP
PenultimateFantasy
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK

Agree with all of this

In terms of adding content going forward keep going in same way?

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
I want...
  • more RPG (more stats to adjust, more nuanced and larger skill trees, maybe more choices to make in story, etc)
  • a robust in game LFG system as well as optional matchmaking
  • a smart vault that is more like the Collection than it is a bucket to dump stuff.
  • a completely new enemy faction or two
  • an emote wheel and some actual communication emotes for talking to randoms
  • classes to lean more in to their roles and be differentiated by more than what supers and abilities they have access to
  • some type of randomized content ala Diablo 3's rifts
  • more large scale public event activities like Escalation Protocol WITH the ability to group up with at least 6 friends in patrol
  • transmog or cosmetic slots
  • them to stop making armor and weapons obsolete after expansions and find ways to bring them up to whatever the current power level is so the loot pool only grows instead of shrinks
  • them to learn from their mistakes of the past two games when it comes to QoL instead of taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
  • console cross play and progression
  • the return of SRL baaayybeeeeee!!!

This and.

+ Re-use assets better than they have been (why do you keep reskinning the SAME GUNS?) Why are so many great assets from D1 and D2-Year laid to waste?
+ Aiming and speed of D1 from now on.
+ Big Team Battle maps..

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want them to drop the attitude that grinding is a substitute for content. They also need to stop taking the content they do have away if you don't grind it out in the short space of time that they give you.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Get it right the first time!

My biggest concern regarding the future of Destiny is Bungie attempting to re-invent the wheel for a third time. It's been nearly 5 years since Destiny began and in that time Bungie has struggled to properly define what type of game/experience Destiny is. The game is in a fantastic place at the moment no doubt however, the journey here has had a LOT of ups and downs.

Vanilla D1 was a boring, repetitive grindfest with an absolutely pathetic excuse of a story. The game was held up and saved by the production values, the gameplay, the Vault of Glass Raid and Trials of Osiris PvP. Taken King came and basically wiped the slate clean by introducing a new leveling and infusion system but cast aside all Y1 weapons and armour rendering them obsolete. Bungie was trying to fix the train while it was running full steam ahead and credit where credit is due they did a pretty admirable job of responding to a lot of the community's feedback and criticism but there were significant growing pains along the way. Rise of Iron was another solid piece of content and we got some more QoL updates throughout Y3 as well as the Age of Triumph that brought back/up the old Raids with new challenges, weapons, armour and additional content so by the end the game was in a good spot.

I remember being super excited for the reveal event of D2 and even more so for the Beta.

However, ultimately Y1 of D2 was incredibly frustrating as after the game launched we all realized how shallow, hallow and lacking the game felt. They removed SO many features in the pursuit of accessibility that they almost completely alienated and ostracized the hardcore veteran fans that stuck around throughout D1 and all it's mishaps. Yes, the story was better, it looked better and sounded better but Bungie clearly made some very controversial and drastic changes to the formula to cater to a far more casual audience. They wanted the game to be easier and more accessible which is admirable no doubt, it's just how far they went and what they sacrificed to do it and how those changes nearly killed the series... again.

Myself and a LOT of my friends grew increasingly tired of watching Bungie flounder around in ignorance, incompetence and ineptitude rebooting, recycling and removing content and features trying to 'fix' the game and get it back to where in should have been all along. Their lack of communication skills for a studio of their size, scope and experience was truly baffling. I know a fair amount of people that just don't have the time, the patience or the tolerance to deal with Bungie anymore. They stopped playing Destiny around the time of Curse of Osiris or Warmind and they're not coming back.

Which leads me to reiterate how CRITICALLY and IMPERATIVELY important it is for Bungie to get things right the first time with Destiny 3. Because I honestly doubt the franchise and the community can withstand another botched launch that takes them 6-12 months to 'fix'. If it happens a third time... the community with tear them to shreds and then evaporate.

I Personally I have no problems with them starting semi-fresh again with Destiny 3 ***(it's the QoL updates, fixes and features that I believe NEED to be carried forward)*** I could care less about the actual content being carried forward (locations, strikes, raids, weapons, armour, exotics, triumphs etc...). Seals are another story.

Anyway, GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! Bungie!!! No more reboots a year before the game's supposed to come out, no more launching the game with half the QoL fixes and features missing without explanation, no more dumbing the game down and compressing the skill gaps (looking at you bloom and ghost bullets), to appeal to a casual audience where 50% of them won't even finish the game or trade it in for the next Call of Duty or go back to Fortnite.

Worry about the audience you have not the one you don't.

Apologies for the rant. I just want people to enjoy the game and to see it reach it's true potential.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Raids that actually have multiple bosses and focus on shooting.
Shared/open world with interplanetary travel (having your ship be more than a cosmetic would be awesome)

Less FOMO type quests or events.

Stop designing the game around "pro" players and people who can play for 8+ hours a day. When you're lucky enough to play a few hours a week, the sheer amount of busywork/filler is overwhelming.

Reduce RNG. I get that it's the nature of the beast, but at least let us pick weapon or armor rewards, a la D1.

A greater sense of exploration with more things/NPC's to interact with.

No blind boxes in Eververse. Or at least give people the option of buying whatever they want directly.

Endgame content designed for the solo player. Rewards don't have to be as powerful as raids, but give people the option at least.

There's a lot more. And I don't expect any positive changes to come for D3. The gameplay itself is so satisfying, but the loop leaves me feeling so cynical.
I want them to drop the attitude that grinding is a substitute for content. They also need to stop taking the content they do have away if you don't grind it out in the short space of time that they give you.
Yup, all great points IMHO.

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's insane and will take a lot of man power and money but I somehow want all of Destiny 1 in the next game. I would do anything just to explore the cosmodrome again.

Now for something more realistic, this game needs more matchmaking and more matchmaking options. After playing The Division, there's no reason Destiny shouldn't have matchmaking for something as basic as story missions and patrols. It's not some mind blowing thing but when The Division gave me the option to select the difficulty or if I wanted to matchmake, I really appreciated that.

I should be able to set my game to open and people should just join. This shit works so well in Division. I played the Pre Sequel this past weekend with about 6 different sets of people and all I did was set my game to public and that was a blast. Though I think Destiny has this, I'm not sure.

Lastly the LFG on the app should be in game in addition to the app. Blind matchmaking for Raids wouldn't work but I should be able to try to find some people to play it while I'm in the game.

Bungie just needs to make it easier for people to group up and for the love of God please include a compass in this game and the map needs to be better. Maybe let us put down waypoints. I don't need to be opening a map every time to see if I've sparrowed past a Lost Sector I needed.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No, this is not mass effect or no mans sky, I wouldn't want talent wasting their time on that.

Things I want.

1. Matchmaking for everything but raids, that means public pve free roam, escalation protocol, repeatable story missions and nightfalls.
  2. Spawn on fire team members
  3. Remove power Engrams and let every legendary engram that drops be a power up. Gating Max light is stupid, give us more...
  4. End Game content. The Whisper, Zero Hour and Shattered Throne are easily my favorite parts of this entry. More missions like this with times encounters
  5. Revamp crucible, it's trash. They know that, they know what they have to do to fix it and I don't mean just add trials. Look at what made Halo fun and do that.
  6. Ornaments like from the Revelery Event. Anything that lights up and makes me stand out. There needs to be more.
  7. Remove master work cores and raise the glimmer cap. I'm broke on both
  8. Exotic boots for the warlock that gives me a hunters triple jump
  9. VENDOR REFRESH, shit is really stale right now
  10. Crossplay and Cross save
Whoa whoa whoa. First you steal our Blink, then our QuickDraw, then you steal the Titans Twilight Garrison air dodge, and now you want our Triple Jump? Nah fam. You Warlocks have it real good. Just stay right there with your little pew pew pew familiar and keep your mitts off our abilities.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
I know it's not happening but... third-person.

Or a new game. Like destiny but.....in third person.

Feb 21, 2019
I think they need to really lean into the "looter" part of the looter/shooter. This carries with it making the game more complex. I have been playing Division 2 (not that it is super crazy complex), but there is a lot of latitude with your build...what you are modding, what you are focusing on. Destiny (even the orginal) never had anything close to this.

Not that Destiny needs to be path of exile, but they definitely need to lean in on the RPG side of things. (How they do that with pvp is their problem). The foundation of the shooting mechanics is easily the best on consoles. With just some smarter design choices, they can really make Destiny 3 something marvelous.

And for effsakes, do NOT waste player time or pad just for the fuck of it. Division 2 is a pitch perfect example of how to do this properly...A gentle power curve that only slows down towards the very top of the curve...and still there are no weekly time gates (these are probably here to stay). Hitting the "power" cap takes about 75-100 hours. This is more than adquate. Plus, the lateral build opportunities take over from there for many many more hours. I always logged off of Division 2 happy I played and with the progression I made. Destiny 2...I often was frustrated....

Im anxiously awaiting Destiny 3, but I hope they take their time. Give it focus. This will likely be their last crack at it before they move onto something else.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like them to throw PVP balancing out the window and let weapons be handheld gods of destruction. if they want to do PVP make specific loadouts just for PVP so they're only balancing a few weapons or balancing be damned and make power matter. the PVE stuff kills the PVP and the PVP stuff holds the PVE back. if they're concerned about weapons in PVE being the must have meta then re-think weapon design. no one likes dupes so have deeper stat pools and variants. Fucking be an RPG. Have drop tables, don't have weekly lockouts of activity rewards, and stop power creep and give more lateral progression. deepen player builds so you want to find weapons and armor for playstyles instead of everything kinda being good for everyone. Let me have an exotic in every slot too. They've struggled trying to be an action FPS and an action RPG that they've fallen into the not super great at either category and it sucks. For the most part the weapons and abilities feel great but our characters could be more awesome and i don't understand why they're holding us back.

I've spent over 2000 hours into the series and i've had unforgettable moments in both PVP and PVE but i haven't touched D2 in months it feels like.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Honestly, I don't think I want a D3.

D2 is in a really good spot right now, it needs a few fixes here and there (Seriously, a vendor refresh every season should be mandatory) but overall the game is solid.

Just keep building onto that base, keep adding fresh content, maybe release a Taken King/Forsaken quality expansion every other year and I can see myself playing D2 for another 2 or 3 years easy.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, I don't think I want a D3.

D2 is in a really good spot right now, it needs a few fixes here and there (Seriously, a vendor refresh every season should be mandatory) but overall the game is solid.

Just keep building onto that base, keep adding fresh content, maybe release a Taken King/Forsaken quality expansion every other year and I can see myself playing D2 for another 2 or 3 years easy.
Nah, we need a better scaffolding going into the next gen, D2 at its current state game wise is graat, structurally, its held back by the limitations of the engine and consoles. Weapon systems need an overhaul, do t want to have to pause games to switch sub class abilities.