• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I had to read and re-read that change to Renewal Grasps to make sure I was seeing things right. Fucking lol

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this Renewal Grasps change feels bad, even just reading about it. I missed the other Hunter exotic grace periods (RDM, Star-Eater Scales) before they were similarly worked over.

But after playing lots with the Grasps, this one is going to sting. Unless they find a way to affect it in PvP only. But I won't hold my breath.

Bright side, I was never around for the heyday of Xenophage, so now I can finally see how good it can be?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to commit to two separate balancing teams or do picks and ban specific gear - which they already do for contest mode. It would make both sides happy, rather than this push and pull compromise.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
After years putting it off I finally went in and got my Harbinger title doing solo flawless of Pit of Hersey. Damn I love that emblem.

What gives me the most e-peen 👀 of the seals I own. Not including all the seasonal seals:

Harbinger
Deadeye
Wayfarer (I've always used wayfarer because it was my first seal and find other wayfarers to be the chillest D2 players lol)
Dredgen
Cursebreaker
Splintered
Gumshoe

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
After years putting it off I finally went in and got my Harbinger title doing solo flawless of Pit of Hersey. Damn I love that emblem.

What gives me the most e-peen 👀 of the seals I own. Not including all the seasonal seals:

Harbinger
Deadeye
Wayfarer (I've always used wayfarer because it was my first seal and find other wayfarers to be the chillest D2 players lol)
Dredgen
Cursebreaker
Splintered
Gumshoe

Dredgen*4

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
PvE got slapped hard for Bastion barricades and Renewal Grasp duskfields. I understand the need to change them in PvP, but extending those changes to PvE as well feels really crappy.

Yeah, worst part of the twab. So much for separate tuning of pve and pvp.

Although DMG did mention on a reddit reply that there is some change coming to resilience later which would justify the barricade changes.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wish I had gotten Shadow.

But the requirements for it like most seals/ gear and activities is unattainable for solo players.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Haha that seal, though I never use it, was a bitch to finish for me. It probably was the hardest of them all to get since I got it before they made it easier. I just checked Warmind.io and damn Dredgen is the most aquired seal of all I think.

I am so close to Unbroken but honestly don't think I have it in me to go for Legend Glory the next two seasons. I'm not as into pvp as I used to be. I was one reset from finishing the Lore seal before they vaulted that. Still annoyed.

As for e-peen I think Harbinger is the rarest from my list. Still feel like I'm a Wayfarer at heart though. 🤷

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
You got trolled by the Dredgens of the forum, it's nothing but a mark of shame.

nmT8dj.gif

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest Destiny regret to this day was dropping off of working on the truth to power lore book and by the time I picked it back up realizing I was going to be one entry short of earning Chronicler….

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Am I seeing this right or is there no change to Sunspots in the patch notes? They specifically call out Emp Rift, High Energy Fire and Inertia Override for getting lowered to 15% in PVP but say nothing about Sunspots. I guess I am glad? But this does leave the Loreley + Eriana's cheese intact unless something else is changing. Maybe the changes to Barricade and the Special Ammo economy adjustments are enough or maybe Sunspots will be adjusted separately with Solar 3.0. Perhaps both?

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
So I might have missed it (was a long TWAB and I'm getting my ass whooped by pollen at the moment). But not mention of Lorley's or Sunspots?
Am I seeing this right or is there no change to Sunspots in the patch notes? They specifically call out Emp Rift, High Energy Fire and Inertia Override for getting lowered to 15% in PVP but say nothing about Sunspots. I guess I am glad? But this does leave the Loreley + Eriana's cheese intact unless something else is changing. Maybe the changes to Barricade and the Special Ammo economy adjustments are enough or maybe Sunspots will be adjusted separately with Solar 3.0. Perhaps both?

Would not be surprised if it gets the same PvP reduction from 20% to 15% as other things.

Alternatively Solar 3.0 is next season too and sunspots will be in there.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I was working on the seasonal challenges this week, and I thought the Vanguard one was going abnormally slow until I read that Tractor Cannon works wonders (since it applies Suppression) -- finished that up in a few strikes. The Gambit one went slow because of course they want you to play Gambit more

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I was working on the seasonal challenges this week, and I thought the Vanguard one was going abnormally slow until I read that Tractor Cannon works wonders (since it applies Suppression) -- finished that up in a few strikes. The Gambit one went slow because of course they want you to play Gambit more
Hrm, I was thinking of just using suppressing glaive but haven't tried grinding it out yet.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So after seeing the buff to Leviathans breath I felt invigorated and got the catalyst and started working on it.....

until I realized it needed 1500 kills. mine is at 51% and i am going numb doing GoA entrance. whats a better way to finish it

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Do I need to do all of Garden of Salvation to get Divinity? I know it needs 6 and has a quest.
Glassway GM is just so hard without it as AR/SMG overload rounds are shit and would like to never have to use it again, as you are more likely to die then stun.

Dreading Lightblade and the other new strike now though as seems they are considered by all harder and Glassway was kicking are ass.

Oct 28, 2017
Do I need to do all of Garden of Salvation to get Divinity? I know it needs 6 and has a quest.
Glassway GM is just so hard without it as AR/SMG overload rounds are shit and would like to never have to use it again, as you are more likely to die then stun.

Dreading Lightblade and the other new strike now though as seems they are considered by all harder and Glassway was kicking are ass.

You need to kill the boss for Divinity to drop.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, there are something like 4 or 5 puzzles that take place at various spots during the raid, and Divinity won't drop unless you've done all the puzzles successfully and defeated the raid boss in one contiguous run

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Alternatively, join a boss checkpoint on a run that has the puzzles done -- if there are even any left these days

There will probably be more Divinity runs when GOS is rotated as the featured raid

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Alternatively, join a boss checkpoint on a run that has the puzzles done -- if there are even any left these days

There will probably be more Divinity runs when GOS is rotated as the featured raid
That's a good idea, will definitely prefer that too as I really don't wanna learn the full raid. But yeah the rotation update is what I'm expecting will be the earliest I'll have any shot of finding a group, doesn't seem like the wider community ever really got good a GoS.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I want to get back in to Destiny again! So let's see :o what to do first?

While I definitely wouldn't say it's necessary I'd still suggest looking up a quick general story recap to make sure you know vaguely what's been going on until WQ. Then play through the witch queen campaign.

If you want a challenge you can play through the campaign on legendary, if you complete it you'll receive an entire set of 1520 armor. That'll basically get you set to do most of the games content comfortably.

TeacherDenz

Jul 7, 2020
Okay I'm confused. Last time I played was before Beyond Light. Now do I have to buy both it and the Witch Queen or how does it work? :o

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay I'm confused. Last time I played was before Beyond Light. Now do I have to buy both it and the Witch Queen or how does it work? :o
You only need to buy Beyond Light if you want Stasis, playing the campaign(the story is not that important to understand Witch Queen though, if I remember) and/or get its exclusives exotics & activities(which I assume not many people are doing right now).

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Beyond Light gave you access to :

- Stasis ("Ice") subclass.
- Beyond Light campaign.
- Europa activities and loots.
- Deep Stone Crypt Raid
- Year 4 Exotic weapons/armors.

At this point of time, the main appeal of BL would be Stasis subclass, the Exotics and maybe the Raid.

Imo get Witch Queen for now because all of it's content are relevant right now. Maybe get current season pass (tho you only had a few weeks left to finish the battle pass).

BL you can just wait for sale.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Control Trials is fun, I love how the really close games always come down to a Bubble off and they can get wild.

Had one on my flawless run with 4 arc staff Hunters playing kill the Titans and was laughing so hard when they all popped in sync and slow walked into both bubbles spin blocking that I almost choked it, but was able to suppress one of the Hunters and win 5-4.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if I'll pick up the next season. Kind of ran out of things I want to do a few weeks ago. I'm level 91 on the battlepass and it has been a slog to get the remaining levels because there's nothing else I'm actively working towards. The seasonal content ran dry quick but that was offset by Witch Queen content. I expect next season to have more seasonal content but but without a campaign to work through alongside it, I don't think the game will hold onto my attention for long.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I'll pick up the next season. Kind of ran out of things I want to do a few weeks ago. I'm level 91 on the battlepass and it has been a slog to get the remaining levels because there's nothing else I'm actively working towards. The seasonal content ran dry quick but that was offset by Witch Queen content. I expect next season to have more seasonal content but but without a campaign to work through alongside it, I don't think the game will hold onto my attention for long.
If you're not chasing end game content, then yeah I can see that. The only other goals would be to fill out various bars, and there's only so many times you can do a Wellspring or Psiops before you don't care anymore. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.